The Student Room Group

So I had a nightmare

Which involved one of my friends phoning the medical schools I had applied to and telling them that I no longer wanted a place at medical school (they pretended to me) and the medical schools rejected me the next day following my friends phone call (now I love my friends and know they wouldn't do a thing like that in reality).
I know this is a crazy 'dream' I had last night... and perhaps shows how much I'm thinking about medicine but in reality could this actually happen- can medical schools just reject you on the back of calling them and saying you don't want a place? Surely they should have some measures in place to verify that it's actually you calling?
Also I have an interview coming up and my friends know the date of the interview, wouldn't it be easy for my 'friend' to just ring up and just rearrange the date of my interview/ cancel the date of the interview without me knowing..this nightmare has really made me think, a little too much infact..
Oh and I'm not mad honest :innocent:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by groovyangel2008
Which involved one of my friends phoning the medical schools I had applied to and telling them that I no longer wanted a place at medical school (and they pretended to me) and the medical schools rejected me the following day following my friends phone call (now I love my friends and know they wouldnt do a thing like that in reality).
I know this is a crazyy 'dream' I had last night... and shows how much I'm thinking about medicine but in reality could this actually happen- can medical schools just reject you on the back of calling them and saying you don't want a place? Surely they should have some measures in place to verify that it's actually you calling?

I don't think they would as withdrawals have to go through UCAS. They would probably just tell you to withdraw properly using your account :dontknow:

PS, don't worry about it. I had a dream that my offer was a mistake and Oxford called to tell me that, so you're not alone!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
They would check your identity, but even if someone got around that, you could just call back and say it wasn't you. They are human in the admissions office, you know - they can deal with problems!
Wake up. It's a dream.
The dream could be telling you how much you subconsciously don't trust that friend.
Reply 5
Which involved one of my friends phoning the medical schools I had applied to and telling them that I no longer wanted a place at medical school (they pretended to me) and the medical schools rejected me the next day following my friends phone call (now I love my friends and know they wouldn't do a thing like that in reality).
I know this is a crazy 'dream' I had last night... and perhaps shows how much I'm thinking about medicine but in reality could this actually happen- can medical schools just reject you on the back of calling them and saying you don't want a place? Surely they should have some measures in place to verify that it's actually you calling?
Also I have an interview coming up and my friends know the date of the interview, wouldn't it be easy for my 'friend' to just ring up and just rearrange the date of my interview/ cancel the date of the interview without me knowing..this nightmare has really made me think, a little too much infact..
Oh and I'm not mad honest :innocent:

That is so weird, I had one yesterday too! I got an offer in a letter but then realised it was a grad entry offer and I'd been sent it by mistake (I'm not a grad).
Reply 6
I had a nightmare a few weeks back...it was kinda like that Harry Potter scene where a million letters start flooding in...only thing is all my letters were rejections :tongue:
Haha good to know I'm not alone.
Yeah i know creating this thread was probably crazy but hey I thought I'd share my nightmare- hopefully if I get one offer these nightmares will go away!
Reply 8
I had a dream in which I got accepted by 4 unis but I couldn't afford them.
Weird dreams :s
sounds like you don't trust your friends.
Yeah weird dreams indeed :rolleyes:
Original post by pinkmonkey3
sounds like you don't trust your friends.

You say that but I actually do. Not all dreams have an underlying meaning, do they?
You say that but I actually do. Not all dreams have an underlying meaning, do they?

But have your friends ever done something sly to you before?
Perhaps they seem jealous about it?
Competitive?
Maybe it's nothing. But I'm sure you've nothing to worry about, you're just nervous. :smile:

Dreams maybe meaningful.
Original post by pinkmonkey3
But have your friends ever done something sly to you before?
Perhaps they seem jealous about it?
Competitive?
Maybe it's nothing. But I'm sure you've nothing to worry about, you're just nervous. :smile:

Yeah maybe its just nerves :smile:
Original post by scoutzawwar
Dreams maybe meaningful.

Really..maybe I need to find a dream interpreter or somthing!:redface:
Really..maybe I need to find a dream interpreter or somthing!:redface:

Your brain could be pointing out something about your friend
Reply 17
I'm sure that they would have some process of verification.

The dream suggests a combination of your worries about not getting into medical school, especially for a reason beyond your control, and perhaps slight distrust for your friend. Having said that though, I have many many dreams that would be ridiculous to look into so don't worry about your friend. Clearly the stress of uni application is just getting to you, nothing abnormal about that.
Yeah I've had the Oxford sending me the wrong letter by mistake dream.

But on a much nicer note, I dreamt a few nights ago that I was sitting on Southbank in the Sunshine with Kurt Cobain while he played the guitar to me :redface:
Reply 19
Original post by confused dot com
I don't think they would as withdrawals have to go through UCAS. They would probably just tell you to withdraw properly using your account :dontknow:

PS, don't worry about it. I had a dream that my offer was a mistake and Oxford called to tell me that, so you're not alone!

Phew, I'm not the only one then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending