The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Han220193

[hQUOTE]yeahh you'll be fine. its quite good actually being in a group it gives you sometimes time to think before saying your answer whilst others are saying theres and time to calm after each question. yeah they asked me what you qualities a good adult nurse should have anddd what you expect people to be feeling like in their first time in a and e and give examples of work experience and how you communicate. and why manchesterrrr.
for the communicate one i had time to think as i was 2nd to last in that round and i suggested things like communication for smiling and touch to let them know they are safe which seemed to go down well. and aslo for the a and e one i said things like i have been recentlt which i hadd and how my dad seems to be the one talking to doctors and so it sometimes difficult to see how someones feeling when their family are being bossy which they laughed att which they also liked. and if they asked you about why manchester..... manchester was the first uni in england to do the nusing honors degree and it has the largest amount of students or something in eurupe or uk look it up but these are bothhh good :smile: xxxx

Thanks again.. :smile:..
I'l let you know how my interview goes.. Still need to practise more questions and try and not to rush myself when repeating what I'm planning on to say. I'm hoping that I don't let my nerves get the better of myself.. Does it be 6 people in a group or more??
Reply 21
Original post by Sadia.Z

Thanks again.. :smile:..
I'l let you know how my interview goes.. Still need to practise more questions and try and not to rush myself when repeating what I'm planning on to say. I'm hoping that I don't let my nerves get the better of myself.. Does it be 6 people in a group or more??

it was 10 in mine. yeah let me knoow is it your first choice?
Reply 22

it was 10 in mine. yeah let me knoow is it your first choice?

Yeah its my first choiiceee!! :biggrin:
Seriously hope I get in.
I've had two interview so far an bot unsuccessful, I have another at UCLAN on 25th Jan and was hoping for some advice ebcause the feedback just said i didn't pass the maths test so am worried about my next one.
Reply 24
Original post by Rach-wilko92
I've had two interview so far an bot unsuccessful, I have another at UCLAN on 25th Jan and was hoping for some advice ebcause the feedback just said i didn't pass the maths test so am worried about my next one.

You might find these useful :smile:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/applicants/preregistration/selectiondays/tests.aspx

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/hsc/courses/interviews.shtml
Reply 25
Original post by Sadia.Z
Yeah its my first choiiceee!! :biggrin:
Seriously hope I get in.

ahhhh ma gadd let me know this would be great :smile:
Reply 26

ahhhh ma gadd let me know this would be great :smile:

I will do :smile: .. I'm prepared and ready for the interview.. Lol.. Just hope it all goes well. :smile:
anyone know what a 30 minute written activity may entail for adult nursing at UCLAN?
Reply 28
Had my interview at the University of Manchester and the questions they asked were:
1) Why Manchester?
2) What qualities do your have that makes you a good nurse?
3) How has you work/voluntary experience enhanced your communication skills?
4) A scenario based question.... A 5year old boy has come to hospital for an operation.. How would you deal with him??
5) What would you find hard to cope with academically?

Hope these help for those going for Manchester and Child Nursing. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sadia.Z
Had my interview at the University of Manchester and the questions they asked were:
1) Why Manchester?
2) What qualities do your have that makes you a good nurse?
3) How has you work/voluntary experience enhanced your communication skills?
4) A scenario based question.... A 5year old boy has come to hospital for an operation.. How would you deal with him??

Hope these help for those going for Manchester and Child Nursing. :smile:

How did it go? :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by BeccaAnne94

Original post by BeccaAnne94
How did it go? :smile:

To me it went well but it depends on what the interviewers thought.. I came out thinking I should have said this and that. Lol. Thanks for asking. Just waiting for them to get back to me now. :smile:
Reply 31
any1 been for interview at Hertfordshire uni or UWL? any ideas of questions asked?
glf thanks for the advise.
Hey guys, got interviews lined up for Derby, Sheff hallam and Liverpool. Any tips etc would be great :smile: Good Luck everyone x
Original post by sammylou1987
Hey guys, got interviews lined up for Derby, Sheff hallam and Liverpool. Any tips etc would be great :smile: Good Luck everyone x

hey ive applied for derby sheffield hallam nottingham, nottingham - derby and chester

got an interview for derby on monday is then when yours is? xx
Mine is on the 24th Feb, so still a few weeks away... Hope theres some places left. Hallam is my first choice, then Derby, but it's sooo competitive i'll be happy if i get into any of my choices as long as I get in :smile: x

Original post by xhannahhbaby
hey ive applied for derby sheffield hallam nottingham, nottingham - derby and chester

got an interview for derby on monday is then when yours is? xx
Reply 35
I have an interview at City university on 3 feb..I am very nervous about the interview. please has any1 been to interview at City uni? any advise on question ask also Maths and English?
Reply 36
Original post by VINNEZ
I have an interview at City university on 3 feb..I am very nervous about the interview. please has any1 been to interview at City uni? any advise on question ask also Maths and English?

Lots of unis ask similar types of questions. Go to the first post in this thread.:smile:
Reply 37
Hey guys,

I have my Child nursing interview at Manchester next Wednesday.
I'm terrified! It's my first choice and first interview :s-smilie:
Reply 38
Has anyone had an interview at Hertfordshire for child nursing yet? I've got one on Feb 1st and have no idea what to expect as it's my first interview.
Reply 39
Hey :smile:
Has anybody got their Child Nursing Interview at Salford on the 7th of Feb??

Thankyou
Sadia :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending