The Student Room Group

TSR Kurdish Society

TSR Kurdish Society

Couldn't find one and although we are part of Iraq, I reckon we should still have our own society :rolleyes:

Join the society by following the link below... :wink:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1771

(Btw excuse the photo, I can't seem to save photos of google) :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
آلو
Reply 2
Original post by mel0n
آلو

Erm...sorry what?
Reply 3
Hey!
Reply 4
Original post by Medicina

Spoiler

Hey! :smile:

Im not kurdish but ill join anyway, just to help you guys start a convo:colondollar:
:smile:
hey

good to see one of these.....

where are you guys from....I'm from slemani :biggrin:
Erm...sorry what?

that's "hello" in arabic lol, is your username spanish?
Original post by ak137
Hey! :smile:

Im not kurdish but ill join anyway, just to help you guys start a convo:colondollar:
:smile:

where are you from?
Reply 8
it is cool.
Reply 9
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
that's "hello" in arabic lol, is your username spanish?

Aha :smile:

I'm not quite sure, is it? I made it up
Reply 10
Original post by infernalcradle
hey

good to see one of these.....

where are you guys from....I'm from slemani :biggrin:

I know right, everyone seems to have one apart from us

Slemani too :smile:
Aha :smile:

I'm not quite sure, is it? I made it up

yeah it means medicine in spanish, el medico - male doctor, la medica - female doctor
Reply 12
yeah it means medicine in spanish, el medico - male doctor, la medica - female doctor

I see... I tried 'Medicine' and that was taken so replaced the 'e' with 'a' :rolleyes:

Are you kurdish?

Happy New Year btw! :biggrin:
I see... I tried 'Medicine' and that was taken so replaced the 'e' with 'a' :rolleyes:

Are you kurdish?

Happy New Year btw! :biggrin:

hehe, no i am iraqi but not kurdish iraqi. happy new year to you too! are you going somewhere?
Reply 14
hehe, no i am iraqi but not kurdish iraqi. happy new year to you too! are you going somewhere?

:biggrin:

We went near the town hall but nothing that great, really dry this year. However, the firework display in London was beautiful :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Original post by Abir Ishtiaq
Hello Kurdish people :smile:
Why do some Kurds want a separate state? Is there a particular reason/s, or is it just for the sake of it? And the fighting between the Turkish military and Kurdish rebels...what's that about?
(forgive my ignorance)

If I'm honest, I only lived in Iraq for the first 3 years of my life so I'm not the best person to answer this, and I'm not the best at politics, but here we go anyway...
I just assume that Kurds want a separate country because of a few reasons (anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

1. We have our own culture, language and we are a federal country
2. We produce and sell our own oil
3. We are one of the largest population in the world without our own country so why can't we be independent?

I don't know much about the Turkish-Kurdish 'riots' right now but the Turks killed 35 innocent Kurds. I mean, they killed one Black British guy in London and the whole country starts riots so they do have a point...

Sorry if it's not answered your question :colondollar:

Take care
I know right, everyone seems to have one apart from us

Slemani too :smile:

woo!

go slemani :biggrin:

dare I ask if you still live there???
Reply 17
Original post by infernalcradle
woo!

go slemani :biggrin:

dare I ask if you still live there???

What now? Nope, moved out 1996 but still visit every now and then for a month or two :rolleyes:

What now? Nope, moved out 1996 but still visit every now and then for a month or two :rolleyes:

haha, sounds a lot like me....

we moved out in '94....and visit every now and again for several months....

which is made worse by the army of relatives who all insist on kissing me and pinching my non-existent cheeks :frown:
Reply 19
Awwwww :biggrin:

Thank God for me it's only like that the first day and the day before we leave, I never kiss back. I just hug and stand... :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest