The Student Room Group

2012 - I am beginning to get worried...

No, not worried because I believe in prophecies or ascension etc.

I am actually worried because it seems that the fascination with this year is even greater than all other prophecies etc about years past - everybody seems to be in the know about this specific year...

Anyway, I am worried that when many begin to realise that *nothing* special will occur, crazy people will make something happen as a result!

Does anyone else think so? That nothing mystical or apocalyptic etc was never going to occur anyway, but that many stupid humans will cause something (e.g. self-fulfilling prophecies)?

P.S. It's not something I lose sleep over; just mildly worried and hoping I'm not one of the casualties.

P.P.S. I also have a feeling that the crazy "leaders" of Iran may hold mystical beliefs about 2012 and thus bring about a self-fulfilling prophecy...but that's just me... :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

THE WORLD IS GONNA END THIS YEAR!!!

:nopity:
Original post by Midnightsk010

Which world do you mean?

Do you mean this world:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

So, which world is it? :cool:
Reply 3
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
Which world do you mean?

Do you mean this world:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Erm 'world' is another word for Earth? :s-smilie:
Oh you mean like them crazy rioters in bruce almightly? It's ok we already saw them in england this last year.
Me too :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Idle
Erm 'world' is another word for Earth? :s-smilie:

Erm, no. World is not another word for Earth. World could mean anything from Earth upwards e.g. some say "world" to refer to the entire universe.

So, no. I use the smilie now - :s-smilie:

EDIT: Why are you negging me? See my post below citing Collins English Dicitonary; I have gone with definition 4 ("sphere of existence") in my questioning...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates
Well Bin Ladens dead so that helps.

Was he ever alive? :ahee:
Reply 8
Erm, no. World is not another word for Earth. World could mean anything from Earth upwards e.g. some say "world" to refer to the entire universe.

So, no. I use the smilie now - :s-smilie:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/world?q=world

:rolleyes:
lool man your threads crack me up, too good keep going
I think deep down everyone knows the world is not going to end. People aren't that naive. It's easy enough to look past the bull**** psuedoscience articles trying to sell you doomsday kits and think about it rationally. There won't be large scale riots, people would need very convincing evidence for that to happen.
Was he ever alive? :ahee:

he could be george bush in a mask for all i know. :rolleyes:

From Collins English Dictionary, Pocket Edition (2006, HarperCollins Publishers) 625 W>world n

As follows:

world n

1. the planet earth.
2. mankind.
3. society of a particular area or period.
4. sphere of existence.

Clearly, in that post, I went with the fourth definition.

Well that one is just mindless conjecture...
Reply 14
the Olympics will happen.
Reply 15
Well according to a well known, reliable web source (doom-ometre countendown), this year will be the end for all.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
lool man your threads crack me up, too good keep going

Why, thank'ee. :hat:
Reply 17
No, not worried because I believe in prophecies or ascension etc.

I am actually worried because it seems that the fascination with this year is even greater than all other prophecies etc about years past - everybody seems to be in the know about this specific year...

Anyway, I am worried that when many begin to realise that *nothing* special will occur, crazy people will make something happen as a result!

Does anyone else think so? That nothing mystical or apocalyptic etc was never going to occur anyway, but that many stupid humans will cause something (e.g. self-fulfilling prophecies)?

P.S. It's not something I lose sleep over; just mildly worried and hoping I'm not one of the casualties.

P.P.S. I also have a feeling that the crazy "leaders" of Iran may hold mystical beliefs about 2012 and thus bring about a self-fulfilling prophecy...but that's just me... :tongue:

I'll start getting worried if it looks like Ron Paul (or any of the other GOP wackos for that matter) is going to win the presidency.
Original post by Barden
Well that one is just mindless conjecture...

And a pleasurable one at that. :biggrin: Sometimes, I just sit there thinking about it all... :moon:

But, anyway - it was merely to prove a point.
Reply 19
Original post by Midnightsk010

Oh really?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending