The Student Room Group

McGill and UofT Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I got New Residential Hall.

Btw i dont know why you guys are having troubles registering for Math 133 and 141, as I managed to do so today.

Doc1234.docx, i dont know how to do the image thing u did, so i attached it to show you.
Reply 501
Original post by Alexlol28

Btw i dont know why you guys are having troubles registering for Math 133 and 141, as I managed to do so today.

Doc1234.docx, i dont know how to do the image thing u did, so i attached it to show you.

Your faculty has early access till 27th since a majority of the people in engineering etc will have to take math courses regardless of what they choose so priority is for them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh right i see, what courses you guys going for?
What accomodations did you get?
Reply 503

Nice, double or single?

It is open for you but for certain faculties it will be open after the 27th.

Hey man tell me how computing is after a few classes. I am considering minor/majoring in it. Might see you in some Math classes :smile:
Reply 504
Oh right i see, what courses you guys going for?
What accomodations did you get?

Same math as you pretty much and some econ/finance classes. Got La Cit double. Was new rez your first choice?
Original post by Yash13
Nice, double or single?

It is open for you but for certain faculties it will be open after the 27th.

Hey man tell me how computing is after a few classes. I am considering minor/majoring in it. Might see you in some Math classes :smile:

I think i got the double. How about you what did you get?
What major are you currently enrolled for?
Original post by Azland
Same math as you pretty much and some econ/finance classes. Got La Cit double. Was new rez your first choice?

Actually no, it was my 9th :tongue:, but it seems pretty nice, so I am happy.
What's your major?
How many courses are you registering for in the first term?
Reply 507
Actually no, it was my 9th :tongue:, but it seems pretty nice, so I am happy.
What's your major?
How many courses are you registering for in the first term?

Haha, same here. It was my 5th or 6th choice but yeah, looks good so no problems. Major is Honours Econ and Finance. Taking some math as pre reqs for the courses. Registering for 5, week looks so busy in that schedule builder. :/
Original post by Azland
Haha, same here. It was my 5th or 6th choice but yeah, looks good so no problems. Major is Honours Econ and Finance. Taking some math as pre reqs for the courses. Registering for 5, week looks so busy in that schedule builder. :/

My week looks ok for the moment, considering i have only registered for 4, for the moment, i only have one hour on friday :smile:
Reply 509
I think i got the double. How about you what did you get?
What major are you currently enrolled for?

Oh nice. I got double La Citadelle.

I am going for Economics and Finance Joint Honours with Minor in Computer Science. If I can't cope with the difficulty I will switch to Economics and Computer Science double major. Wbu?
Reply 510
I'm back. (And for those who didn't know me... I'm here).

Starting U1 this August.
PolSci major
History minor
International Development minor
Male double in Carrefour Sherbrooke
Reply 511
Original post by Ishamo
I'm back. (And for those who didn't know me... I'm here).

Starting U1 this August.
PolSci major
History minor
International Development minor
Male double in Carrefour Sherbrooke

Awesome, I will be across the road. :smile:

Arts frosh! Can't wait.
Got New Rez! Who else is doing Honours Econ I'm having trouble registering.
Reply 513
Original post by Felchingman
Got New Rez! Who else is doing Honours Econ I'm having trouble registering.

Nice. I am :smile: You need to get permission from the Honours advisor first.
Original post by Yash13
Nice. I am :smile: You need to get permission from the Honours advisor first.

But obviously I'll only be able to see an adviser by the end of August when I'll have moved in.
For now I was able to change my primary curriculum to Econ Honours ( I'm a Bcom student btw) and I understand I have to register to at least one course before August 14th.
Reply 515
But obviously I'll only be able to see an adviser by the end of August when I'll have moved in.
For now I was able to change my primary curriculum to Econ Honours ( I'm a Bcom student btw) and I understand I have to register to at least one course before August 14th.

True, but e-mail one of them that is what I did and I registered for both ECON 250 and 257.

Yes, ahh Desautels I might see you in Financial Accounting and Finance 1, I am going to do Joint Honours Eco + Fin.

Yes but classes will get full up fast so I would register ASAP. Then change your classes later if you need to.
Original post by Yash13
True, but e-mail one of them that is what I did and I registered for both ECON 250 and 257.

Yes, ahh Desautels I might see you in Financial Accounting and Finance 1, I am going to do Joint Honours Eco + Fin.

Yes but classes will get full up fast so I would register ASAP. Then change your classes later if you need to.

This whole process is mind-f*** me. Are you an A-Level student? Because if that's the case I'm wondering how you managed to get an approval from an Honours adviser without your exams results.
Reply 517
This whole process is mind-f*** me. Are you an A-Level student? Because if that's the case I'm wondering how you managed to get an approval from an Honours adviser without your exams results.

Lool. Yeah I am. I don't know, I was like I should get an A in Math, so he was like ok. Then he let me register.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 518
Guy didnt even ask me what grade I expect or should get. Just pass or get a grade enough for credit and you should be fine. C Or higher in A Levels or "5" or higher in IB if I remember correctly. You'll have to register for 141 aswell anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Azland
Guy didnt even ask me what grade I expect or should get. Just pass or get a grade enough for credit and you should be fine. C Or higher in A Levels or "5" or higher in IB if I remember correctly. You'll have to register for 141 aswell anyway.

MATH 141 really? Even though I have exemptions from that course, as I'm doing a French Baccalaureate, I haven't gone through some stuff in the course (series, hyperbolic functions, hardcore integration). It'd be kind of a shame to take this course knowing I can't get any credits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending