The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get into BOTH LSE and Imperial?

That's what i am trying to do as a international applicant..... - -
maybe lse math and imperial engineerng or math....

Anyone has any suggestion about what should i put in my statement?
how about talk about math and computer progamming?
Reply 1
Original post by funnie
That's what i am trying to do as a international applicant..... - -
maybe lse math and imperial engineerng or math....

Anyone has any suggestion about what should i put in my statement?
how about talk about math and computer progamming?
To be frank, judging by your recent posts, you present as someone primarily interested in getting into high prestige universities, rather than genuinely committed to a particular course for its own sake.

There is nothing to stop you from applying to both LSE and Imperial, provided that you can write a PS that is credible and convincing for the course choices concerned. If you do that, you might get offers from both, neither, or only one of them. No-one can say.

As for the content of your statement, check out the uni websites as certainly LSE provides some guidance as to what they look for in a PS.
Reply 2
Original post by Minerva
To be frank, judging by your recent posts, you present as someone primarily interested in getting into high prestige universities, rather than genuinely committed to a particular course for its own sake.

There is nothing to stop you from applying to both LSE and Imperial, provided that you can write a PS that is credible and convincing for the course choices concerned. If you do that, you might get offers from both, neither, or only one of them. No-one can say.

As for the content of your statement, check out the uni websites as certainly LSE provides some guidance as to what they look for in a PS.

Thank you for your advice.
now i wonder if it is possible to send another PS to a specific university like LSE?
For example, I write 2 PSs and put one in the UCAS the other one I send directly to one of the school I apply?
Reply 3
Original post by funnie
now i wonder if it is possible to send another PS to a specific university like LSE?
For example, I write 2 PSs and put one in the UCAS the other one I send directly to one of the school I apply?

Nop
Reply 4
Original post by funnie
You can try, but (a) the uni concerned will see the PS you've submitted through UCAS, so they will know what you are trying to do and (b) the uni concerned doesn't have to consider any additional materials provided by the applicant - unless the uni has asked for them, which in these circumstances they won't.

It is only if a uni is offering a unique combination of subjects that submitting directly to them (with their agreement) a separate PS covering that course specifically might be acceptable. It would seem, given what you've said so far about your subject choices, that this would not apply in your case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending