The Student Room Group

London 2012 Retail Job Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by moonietoot
I think you should wait until Monday to see of you get an email saying where you're working at.

But the email regarding your training day should say "you'll be working at 'insert venue'". Even if says 'Olympic park' then don't just assume they mean it's a congrats email for getting to be a part of the Olympics; they actually mean you'll be working at the Olympic park venue.

If your email doesn't specifically say where, you can call up: the emails you've received should have the number at the bottom as a footer.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I checked all the emails again and they didn't specific the venue :frown: better wait until monday, maybe they will answer my emails.

Thanks for answer :smile:
Original post by raskit
I checked all the emails again and they didn't specific the venue :frown: better wait until monday, maybe they will answer my emails.

Thanks for answer :smile:

I checked the answer also and there wasn't a number :/ sorry about the inaccurate information. I emailed them a couple of times too and they didn't reply but I hope they reply to you at least!

And no worries :smile:

I checked the answer also and there wasn't a number :/ sorry about the inaccurate information. I emailed them a couple of times too and they didn't reply but I hope they reply to you at least!

Not answer I meant email.

Reply 383

I know... i emailed them 100 times already...and only got a few answer... lets just hope all this hard work is worth :cool:

thanks anyway
Original post by raskit
Thank god i found this thread.
I'm kinda lost in all the process with the retail people and for what i could read all of you already know in which venue you are going to work during the games.

Am i the only one who doesnt have a venue yet? I already went for my accreditation and for the training in Hyde Park (last week).. but they didn't give me clear answer.. Help?!

i don't have a venue either :s-smilie:
STILL no rota....
Reply 385
Original post by *Thedreaming*
i don't have a venue either :s-smilie:
STILL no rota....

No offense...but i'm glad i'm not the only one in this situation, that means they still working on this :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Let's hope they give us the information next week..
for those who already have the venue and the rota, when will you start working?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 386
Just got the email about the shifts on monday and friday what store did they say you lot will be working at?
Original post by TempleQC
Just got the email about the shifts on monday and friday what store did they say you lot will be working at?

Was the email from the retail people address or someone else?

I know I'll be working at Hyde park but I haven't received the email concerning my shifts. What are your shifts like?

Why is everyone panicking? The games are ages away......?!

Pahhhh, what are they playing at?

I do believe that the rotas will be sent out in the next few days which is at least some good news. But Im more concerned about the location at which I'll be working! Annoying that we don't get travelcards too? People may have to fork out for expensive travel costs to get to somewhere that they didnt put down as first choice preference. Heard someone having to travel from Southampton each day which is eating into any money that they earn :/

Glad someone cleared the code issue up, the manager at training said they can be swapped so that if different places require additional staff the upgrade cards can be swapped? Presumably, locations out side of Olympic Park do not require a card?
Reply 390
Original post by harcoreage
Why is everyone panicking? The games are ages away......?!

Pahhhh, what are they playing at?

I do believe that the rotas will be sent out in the next few days which is at least some good news. But Im more concerned about the location at which I'll be working! Annoying that we don't get travelcards too? People may have to fork out for expensive travel costs to get to somewhere that they didnt put down as first choice preference. Heard someone having to travel from Southampton each day which is eating into any money that they earn :/

Glad someone cleared the code issue up, the manager at training said they can be swapped so that if different places require additional staff the upgrade cards can be swapped? Presumably, locations out side of Olympic Park do not require a card?

That's what i have heard... only those to the Olympic Park will need the "upgrade"... but you need the card to everywhere you get chosen.

And I agree, I think all this experiences will be expensive for those who have to travel around the city... let's hope the retail people takes our preferences in consideration.
Reply 391

Was that email sent to you today? Would you mind saying which email address it was sent from? thanks
Reply 392
don't worry.. got a reply from [email protected] saying that we'll get details as soon as they are confirmed by The Retail People
Reply 393
The email was from the retail people and they sent it today. I haven't got my rota yet. They were telling me how there are shifts available for Monday and Wednesday and that I have been chosen to work in one of the superstores in the Olympic park. If I wish to work on these two days I should respond tot he email immediately. Details on things will be sent to me tomorrow.
The email was from the retail people and they sent it today. I haven't got my rota yet. They were telling me how there are shifts available for Monday and Wednesday and that I have been chosen to work in one of the superstores in the Olympic park. If I wish to work on these two days I should respond tot he email immediately. Details on things will be sent to me tomorrow.

Aw I wish I was asked to work on Wednesday. To be honest, the training was so fast paced, I'm not sure I remember everything...

Reply 395
Anyone got sent their rota today? I'm still waiting...:frown:
Original post by Luis456
Anyone got sent their rota today? I'm still waiting...:frown:

So am I!

I keep refreshing my inbox...

Nope still waiting

Been to training, got my pass, got confirmed working at the olympic park. But no rota! + No indication of which stores/kiosks ill be working in >:frown:. Five and a half days to go....
Original post by Olliesherlock
Been to training, got my pass, got confirmed working at the olympic park. But no rota! + No indication of which stores/kiosks ill be working in >:frown:. Five and a half days to go....

Same here it's ridiculous really let's just hope we get our rotas tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending