The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Accomodation 2nd year onwards

I have received an offer from qmul and don't live local to London, how well do students cope with London prices for flats etc, or is it not too different from other cities?
Original post by 1234fh
I have received an offer from qmul and don't live local to London, how well do students cope with London prices for flats etc, or is it not too different from other cities?

Hi there, congratulations on your offer! London flats are admittedly quite expensive- however, there are a number of options available to you to help mitigate that.
- if you have a student loan, there is the possibility of also applying for a maintenance loan which can contribute towards keeping your accommodation prices lower in the short run.
- Queen Mary itself also provides some accommodation, which tends to be a lot cheaper than private student accommodation or a London flat, so be sure to check that out as well and apply if you think its something you want to do!
Congratulations once again, and do please let me know how I could be of further help!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
There's also a lot of part time jobs in London to help boost your finances.
Reply 3
is there any particular student job you recommend as part time and flexible hours?

Original post by ageshallnot
There's also a lot of part time jobs in London to help boost your finances.
Original post by byceriel
is there any particular student job you recommend as part time and flexible hours?

Retail? Pubs/bars?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending