The Student Room Group

London 2012 Retail Job Interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fake.personality
Lol yes something is better than nothing ....

No I fit have any other job ... I applied for nearly 35 placements, internships only few interview and still not reply ...

What about you u have other job ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

No- i never had a job, but even with the shabby treatment this is better than nothing lol.
Indeed :smile:

Reply 582
Has anyone else got a rota, but has no role specific training. I'm in the water polo arena and it looks like there's a team of 4 of us working at any one time.
Reply 583
Up early not because I have a shift, but because I need to sort out this BS. Name isn't appearing on any of the rotas for Hyde Park so I've just called Manpower and they said they'd get back to me - fingers crossed.
Anyone working at excel ?

Hows pay going to be sorted out
So I called the Olympics team and they directed me to manpower and manpower put me back onto Olympics team. I hung up and asked why are they referring me to one another back and forth. Finally a woman from manpower said I would've been given a conditional offer before my training (except I hadn't) so she asked for my details and said she can't find me on the system. Apparently I'm under another email address but that's nonsense cause OBVIOUSLY retail people had emailed me on the correct one and how else could I have collected the accreditation? So she took my 'new' details down and said she's gonna tell a colleague who deals with these queries and he's gonna call back.

Can't wait for his excuse. Bet he's gonna pin the blame on me.

Wtf.

Cannot explain how angry I am right now.

Reply 587
After looking through the rota more thoroughly seems I'll only ever work at tills :frown: I thought we would get swapped around jobs rather than be in one. I wish I had more hours though, maybe one or two 11/12 hour shifts. After randomly picking people from the rota it seems that no-one has shifts longer than 8 hours. Anyway I'll make sure to tell my manager that am available for more hours if need be. :tongue:

Anyway its better than nothing, am happy the rotas are finally here.
Reply 588
Original post by moonietoot
So I called the Olympics team and they directed me to manpower and manpower put me back onto Olympics team. I hung up and asked why are they referring me to one another back and forth. Finally a woman from manpower said I would've been given a conditional offer before my training (except I hadn't) so she asked for my details and said she can't find me on the system. Apparently I'm under another email address but that's nonsense cause OBVIOUSLY retail people had emailed me on the correct one and how else could I have collected the accreditation? So she took my 'new' details down and said she's gonna tell a colleague who deals with these queries and he's gonna call back.

Can't wait for his excuse. Bet he's gonna pin the blame on me.

Wtf.

Cannot explain how angry I am right now.

I called with the same issue as you (working at Hyde Park but not been given any shifts or even included in the rota) at about 9.30, was told I'd be called back but 3 hours later no call. She said I had an employee number or whatever so I'm all in the system so it's their fault. Have tried calling back but no reply ATM - keep me updated and I will too.
Original post by LZRSWRD
I called with the same issue as you (working at Hyde Park but not been given any shifts or even included in the rota) at about 9.30, was told I'd be called back but 3 hours later no call. She said I had an employee number or whatever so I'm all in the system so it's their fault. Have tried calling back but no reply ATM - keep me updated and I will too.

Okay so the man just called me back and said Hyde park store is absolutely jam packed and now they've moved me to Olympic park (something I didn't want). And a woman will email me the rota shortly. FML!

I'm upset coz it's such a long travel for me. So bloody inconvenient you know?!

And I don't know how to get there lol...

UGH now I have to wait for my fricken rota and god knows what the timing will be like.

Okay keep me updated. If I can help in any way let me know!

Original post by Kasarna
After looking through the rota more thoroughly seems I'll only ever work at tills :frown: I thought we would get swapped around jobs rather than be in one. I wish I had more hours though, maybe one or two 11/12 hour shifts. After randomly picking people from the rota it seems that no-one has shifts longer than 8 hours. Anyway I'll make sure to tell my manager that am available for more hours if need be. :tongue:

Anyway its better than nothing, am happy the rotas are finally here.

I'm only working in sales ...but i think that's better since if its gets busy i don't want to mess peoples purchases(till training was not through enough)

I'm only working 11 days..i hope they leave the shops open in between the Olympics and paralympic games...will work on my days off to increase to 14 days.
Original post by LZRSWRD

sorry about that :console:

How did u know your employee number....i know my rota but not the number.
Okay so the man just called me back and said Hyde park store is absolutely jam packed and now they've moved me to Olympic park (something I didn't want). And a woman will email me the rota shortly. FML!

UGH now I have to wait for my fricken rota and god knows what the timing will be like.

the shifts seem not to exceed 12 hours :/
Reply 593
Original post by *Thedreaming*
I'm only working in sales ...but i think that's better since if its gets busy i don't want to mess peoples purchases(till training was not through enough)

I'm only working 11 days..i hope they leave the shops open in between the Olympics and paralympic games...will work on my days off to increase to 14 days.

Oh yeah, at training I didn't even get to see the damn till screen when the guy was going over it!! :angry: There were so many people. Though I asked one of the other guys there and he said the tills aren't too bad. After your first 10 customers you get used to it. Though still I thought they might be some kind of rotation.

I opted out of the 48 hour thing and so I thought we might get hours like the G4S guys. They have like 3-4 12 hour shifts!! If I can increase my hours i'd be so happy. :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 594
sorry about that :console:

How did u know your employee number....i know my rota but not the number.

When I called up Manpower they looked for me on the system and said I had an employee number and thus officially a team member. Call up Manpower on 02072476966 and ask for it.
Reply 595

I live in West London so this would suck for me too, but if it's all I could get, I'd take it. I called just now and spoke to someone different and they told me to email someone called [email protected] and when I did I got an autoreply saying to email [email protected]. Pretty sure nothing will get resolved by email so I'm probably gonna call back in like 30 mins. Here's hoping..
the shifts seem not to exceed 12 hours :/

Oh great. I'll be working for nothing. And I hope none of my shifts finish at 12am. Heck that. I don't wanna be finishing after 9. -.-''
Original post by LZRSWRD
I live in West London so this would suck for me too, but if it's all I could get, I'd take it. I called just now and spoke to someone different and they told me to email someone called [email protected] and when I did I got an autoreply saying to email [email protected]. Pretty sure nothing will get resolved by email so I'm probably gonna call back in like 30 mins. Here's hoping..

That is so crap. Here call this number and tell them your problem. Tell them you've been referred to the olympics team several times by this company and you just want to know where you're based and what your rota is.

Reply 598
That is so crap. Here call this number and tell them your problem. Tell them you've been referred to the olympics team several times by this company and you just want to know where you're based and what your rota is.

Just called ManPower again and they said they've sent an email to the woman in charge of rotas at Hyde Park, again not expecting anything to be solved.

Who's number is that?
Original post by LZRSWRD
Just called ManPower again and they said they've sent an email to the woman in charge of rotas at Hyde Park, again not expecting anything to be solved.

Who's number is that?

The number you had was the olympic's team number.

The number I gave is Manpower Retail People's number.

I mean, when I first used the number you used, they said, ''hello this is ... on behalf of the olympics team. How can I help?''

And when I told them my problem, they gave me the number I just gave you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending