The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Economics or LSE Acc&Fin

Hey guys

i gotta decide whether to do UCL Economics or LSE Accounting & Finance.

Does the UCL Econ course have alot of maths. How much essay writing is there to do??

Ideally i would like to do Investment Banking after uni, will my decision affect my career because i am sure that you can do IB from both courses. Although it might be easier to get into IB from LSE than UCL??

What do you think i should do?^o)
Reply 1
which degree interests you more...you might aswell do a degree that you'll enjoy so then you'll end up with a better grade/class...and where would you rather go... i think (not proffesional advice) economics is a better degree but at the end its up 2 u
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
UCL Econ is a lot of maths. Not much in the way of essays.

IB, I don't think it'll make a difference... Econ > Acc&Fin although LSE > UCL
Reply 3
President_Ben
UCL Econ is a lot of maths.

...as indicated by:

President_Ben
Econ > Acc&Fin although LSE > UCL

:wink:

(this joke really doesn't work if Ben isn't studying UCL Econ)
Reply 4
guys.......wat should i do??

i honestly dnt know. I like econ but i dnt like essay writing. I do like maths.
Reply 5
I'm really not the one to take advice from, as I know little of either school.

However, I believe, from the data I have at hand, that the benefits from attending LSE over UCL, is easily diminished by the benefits from studying something that you like.

You can become successful, wealthy, whatever, in anything. It's a lot easier to become successful in something you like, than something you dislike.
Reply 6
jb_sweden
I'm really not the one to take advice from, as I know little of either school.

However, I believe, from the data I have at hand, that the benefits from attending LSE over UCL, is easily diminished by the benefits from studying something that you like.

You can become successful, wealthy, whatever, in anything. It's a lot easier to become successful in something you like, than something you dislike.

Your right. They are both top Universities. Whichever course suits you best me thinks.
AEIOU
guys.......wat should i do??

i honestly dnt know. I like econ but i dnt like essay writing. I do like maths.

There isn't much essay writing in Economics... in most exams, about a third of the marks are for the 'mini-essay' (or mini-essays).

As for the level of mathematics... it goes very high (if you like it that way... but I've seen people say that in the past and they don't do as much mathematics as there is available, you do more than enough in the degree)

Latest

Trending

Trending