The Student Room Group

Do I need to register for IELTS before I send in my UCAS application?

I have not sit for my IELTS yet nor have I registered for it. The UCAS dateline would be on the 15th. I've my A levels results already as I'm currently in my gap year.

Should I register for IELTS first and then fill in the ref number or wait for conditional offers from the unis that I've applied to?
Reply 1
I sent my application in without being registered to an IELTS test, so I guess you could do the same. Though I did ask all the unis before I sent it in to check if it was okay (: And I also filled in the date when I'm going to take the test if I get any offers, in the education section.
Reply 2
Original post by Cyron
I sent my application in without being registered to an IELTS test, so I guess you could do the same. Though I did ask all the unis before I sent it in to check if it was okay (: And I also filled in the date when I'm going to take the test if I get any offers, in the education section.

Alright, thank you! :smile: But out of curiosity, how would our IELTS results be sent to them if our UCAS application is sent on the 15th especially if the IELTS number isnt entered?

Sorry if I seem to sound skeptical, I'm pretty much a paranoid these days especially with the upcoming dateline. :h:
Reply 3
Original post by SelPYH
Alright, thank you! :smile: But out of curiosity, how would our IELTS results be sent to them if our UCAS application is sent on the 15th especially if the IELTS number isnt entered?

Sorry if I seem to sound skeptical, I'm pretty much a paranoid these days especially with the upcoming dateline. :h:

Hmm I'm not sure really, but I guess we would just have to send them straight to the unis. I'm guessing they will give conditional offers because of the IELTS, so we would just have to prove that the conditions have been met. At least that's what I think :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Cyron
Hmm I'm not sure really, but I guess we would just have to send them straight to the unis. I'm guessing they will give conditional offers because of the IELTS, so we would just have to prove that the conditions have been met. At least that's what I think :tongue:

Alright, thanks! I've listed IELTS under the education section and left the results box empty. All the best to you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SelPYH
Alright, thanks! I've listed IELTS under the education section and left the results box empty. All the best to you :smile:

Okay :tongue: Good luck with your application! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending