The Student Room Group

When to take English language test

Should I take an English language test BEFORE or AFTER sending my UCAS application?

I'm thinking of just not sending any score, and only worry about the English language test after I get offers.

But if I don't send the score, will my application be more likely to be rejected?
Original post by yd1201
Should I take an English language test BEFORE or AFTER sending my UCAS application?

I'm thinking of just not sending any score, and only worry about the English language test after I get offers.

But if I don't send the score, will my application be more likely to be rejected?

It’s completely up to you. Your English language score won’t affect your chances of an offer. If you don’t meet the requirements when you apply then your offer will require you to meet the requirements.

I would always recommend booking into English language tests in April so that you have plenty of time to retake if need be and the test is before any other exams.
Original post by yd1201

Hey, I applied to university twice without the IELTS/TOFELS (I'm not a British citizen - yet) or whatever they're called and universities didn't mind. I did mind though when one uni on my first application cycle wanted me to take these tests, there were several reasons for me to not need to sit these horribly expensive exams, not least of all that I was living in England and attendind a flipping grammar school, but that's not relevant to your question.

Yes, you should be fine, you can take your test after you send your UCAS application and it will have 0 impact on your chances of being offered a place. However, I see from a previous post of yours that you're a student from the U.S. so, how come you need to take an English aptitude test?
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending