The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Arsey

Original post by Arsey
I thought it was a hard paper in comparison to previous ones.

You think they stepped up the difficulty of papers after being heavily criticised by ofqual? Thats my guess although i'm not entirely sure.

Also is it possible to cancel me getting a grade even though i've sat the exam? I read somewhere you could still cancel it 14 days after you've sat it although i'm not entirely sure on this. (I'll definitely be retaking as I didn't get what i hoped i would therefore it would be better to cancel this if its possible)
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks for this. (:

How many marks would I lose if I only worked out what 9T was instead of actually working out the value of T?

And if I got 19 1/3 for the area of the triangle instead of 17 1/3?
Reply 22
Defo retaking this
Reply 23
it was hard i mean when i started i thought is good then the last 3 pages put me off the last 3 questions and carried so many marks!
Reply 24
was a hard paper, harder then june11 for defos cos even though there werent any "trick question" in there, the question in general was preety hard and u had to know ur stuff to get it right. i think i got around 70/75 :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by arnab
was a hard paper, harder then june11 for defos cos even though there werent any "trick question" in there, the question in general was preety hard and u had to know ur stuff to get it right. i think i got around 70/75 :biggrin:

I think this papers boundaries will be low. Maybe even below 70 for 100 UMS
Reply 26
arsey i got 16/3 for the area of the triangle i did 8/3 X 4 = 32/3 then multiplied by 0.5.
how many marks? personally i thought this was slighty difficult paper but not too hard.
Reply 27
Original post by Mr.cool
I think this papers boundaries will be low. Maybe even below 70 for 100 UMS

so do u mean 54/75 for A?
Reply 28
guys the grade boundaries you are predicting are way too low. 58/75 for an A personally
Reply 29
Original post by sukhys
guys the grade boundaries you are predicting are way too low. 58/75 for an A personally

the lowest was 54 marks! but majority are saying hard?
Reply 30
Original post by otrivine
the lowest was 54 marks! but majority are saying hard?

ok the first 5 questions were standard. besides the question where u show do C and L intersect.
Q6c was difficult
Q7 easy
Q8d difficult
Q9 can be difficult
Q 10 easy

what do u think? also exam boards have to make exams harder now, because of university places
Reply 31
The June 2009 paper had 55 for an A and 71 for full UMS.
55 47 39 31 23 15 0
That was probably about the same difficulty wise with a similar load of complex coordinate geometry.
http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/a-level-maths-papers/Edexcel/Core-Maths/Core-Maths-C1/2009-June/paper.php
(edited 12 years ago)
im estimating around 55-58 for an A, last year as 56 for an A and personally i found this paper much harder than any of the previous past papers...
My of the people at. My sixth form found it hard, and I have spoken to other colleges nearby who also found it hard!
I hope the grade boundaries will be lower than in the past! But I think I will be also re-taking the exam in the summer! Which has put me down a lot because I feel that I did really well on the AQA Biology Unit 1 exam! And then had this paper which completely destoryed my confidence in exams! :frown:
Original post by pepeeglesfield
im estimating around 55-58 for an A, last year as 56 for an A and personally i found this paper much harder than any of the previous past papers...

I think you are along the right lines for this!
Reply 35
so what coud be the grade boundaries for all the grades?? do you think they'll be lower than usual (maybe below the 60 mark for an A)?? also is it true that exams are getting harder because of competition for university places??
Reply 36
hey for the last graph question on q8 i wrote down all the correct x and y coordiantes but put them on wrong places on the graph, how may marks out of 3 would i get for this?
Reply 37
well by the comments above alot of people found it difficult, i dont mind if the grade boundaries drop as long as i get 90UMS +
but what questions does everyone think was tough?
Original post by olischwertfeger
I think you are along the right lines for this!

Wooo oli!!!:biggrin:
Reply 39
Are you saying 56-8/75 is possibly an A?

Latest

Trending

Trending