The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by student.uk
if in the translation one i translated the graph some units to the right but didnt put any of the coords, do i get 1 mark for realising that it had to be moved to the right??

ya you will get for the shape of the graph as the question was of 4 marks 2 marks for the coordinates on x-axis and one mark for the coordinate of y axis and other mark for the shape of graph.
Reply 161
Original post by Mouth

Original post by Mouth
On the integration one, I did it made it equal to 10 and subbed in the x.... but then forgot the 10 was there. So got F(1) wrong as well....
Hopefully not too many marks lost :frown:

So you got the wrong value for C but integrated it correctly otherwise?

You should only drop one as the error should carry forward.
Original post by oli_G
Yeah you're probably right. If that's true I think i'll get 73/74 which (hopefully) will make the 100 UMS boundary.

I'm just glad that I made sure I wrote out all the method as it really does help in situations.

:yep:

Yeah, I made sure I did for even the silliest things. :tongue: Good luck anyway upon the result, even though we both should have 100 UMS in the bag. :biggrin:
Reply 163
Anybody know what the results slip we get in march will tell us?

UMS, raw marks, or both?
Reply 164
Original post by Mr Inquisitive

Yeah, I made sure I did for even the silliest things. :tongue: Good luck anyway upon the result, even though we both should have 100 UMS in the bag. :biggrin:

Thanks, same for you.

I hope so. :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by BaconFTW

UMS, raw marks, or both?

UMS and grade.

UMS, raw marks, or both?

UMS and grade (w/o raw marks), which can, as far as I know, be compared to a raw mark distribution on the Edexcel website after results.
Original post by AS01
what did you guys get for the value of f(1) is it 5/2?
for the one where it said f(x)=(x-k)^2(x-k+2)
what did you get as intersect is it
k and k-2 for x-axis and (-k^3+2k^2 )for yaxis

Yh :biggrin: Its correct I'm really happy. seems like I got 95%
Reply 168
cannot belive how different this paper was too old ones,thought i knew everything about c1, gave me a massive shock and i musta given up because new couldnt get over 88 UMS =\
series and sequences i didn understand because i included the bloody £ SIGN SO I WAS LIKE WTFF HOW DO UDO THIS? so gutted, was so confident, thought i would get 95 Ums lol wow 3rd retake again in June it is...
Original post by dan94adibi
Yh :biggrin: Its correct I'm really happy. seems like I got 95%

if u get the shape correct will u at least get 1 mark?
Original post by otrivine
if u get the shape correct will u at least get 1 mark?

Yes.
Original post by goku12
cannot belive how different this paper was too old ones,thought i knew everything about c1, gave me a massive shock and i musta given up because new couldnt get over 88 UMS =\
series and sequences i didn understand because i included the bloody £ SIGN SO I WAS LIKE WTFF HOW DO UDO THIS? so gutted, was so confident, thought i would get 95 Ums lol wow 3rd retake again in June it is...

same here buddy i was like ver confident that i would easily get an A grade but i think i ended up doing so many silly mistakes. now why does this happen with me only???/ gosh!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::mad:
Reply 172
Original post by goku12

same, i did all the past papers and i struggled with this,, i wanted 90-100 ums,, defo retake for me,
3rd retake? come on, june and jan 2011 paper wasn't that bad. :colondollar:
Reply 173
What does UMS mean? Personally I felt that exam was really hard...in past papers I was getting 90-100% on average however on this paper I reckon I managed around 65%
Yes.

is it 2 marks for differentiation? for the last one?
Original post by otrivine
is it 2 marks for differentiation? for the last one?

It says 2 on the paper Q8, question a).
Original post by J.Budinas
What does UMS mean? Personally I felt that exam was really hard...in past papers I was getting 90-100% on average however on this paper I reckon I managed around 65%

people here that i have heard are saying that the grade boundary for an A would be 60/75:frown: and thats high i guess:frown:
but but but but the paper was not that easy too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by J.Budinas

UMS = uniform mark scale

Raw marks are collected, analysed, and then UMS are given out in bands based on relative difficulty.
oh fml I got the first damn question wrong. Stupid signs. I think I got about 55 altogether though, that's about a B right? I'll still be resitting then. :'(
Reply 179
UMS = uniform mark scale

Raw marks are collected, analysed, and then UMS are given out in bands based on relative difficulty.

Thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending