The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Jimmocrates
Always the most reliable sources i find :wink:
They get paid alright, but you'd have to be right up on the executive level with directors and stuff to be earning that much. I'll try and fish out the stuff I was given about pay in industry.

Thanks, that would be really helpful.

Money is not really an issue, I just want to go into this sector because of an interest, but obviuosly a decent salary helps!:biggrin:
Reply 21
papad
By the way where did you do this workexperience?

Last year (at the end of year 11) I did work experience with MSD.
I wrote off to several companies, some didnt reply, and some were very rude. (Most notably Pfizer, who said that they only offered places to people from the local area). I thought this was particularly rude, seeing as I was prepared to travel 100 odd miles each day (and pay for it!) to get there.

The drug development site at MSD is at Hoddesdon, hertfordshire, which was a little far. Tha place where I went (Ponders End) is where they produce the active substances for their drugs, most notably Finasteride (a very potent compound used in Proscar and Procepia). Im not sure how much else I can say as it is confidential.

Anyway, I had a great time there, didnt meet any pharmacologists, but met lots of chemical engineers, (a couple of which who were on industrial placements from Uni). It was relatively easy to get to from London (just take a train from Liverpool street), and they reimbursed my travel and food expenses. What a nice company!

If you want I'll give you the address.
Reply 22
No im alright thanks, I live way too far away.
Reply 23
papad
No im alright thanks, I live way too far away.

Wherever you end up, I wish you luck with your placement.

I am desperately trying to find another, but as I said in early postings, this is not proving to be easy.
Reply 24
I've already got a place at Astrozeneca, for 1 week in the summer. Ill probably do some at a local pharmacy aswell.

Latest

Trending

Trending