The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8480
**** me, I wouldn't like to have Downing's luck. He must feel like a complete dick.
How many times we hit the woodwork now?
Reply 8482
What is it going to take to break Downing's duck??

Not the first time Chelsea are being played off the pitch.
Reply 8483
We always play decently when the pressure's off tbh. Remember Fulham away last season etc?
Reply 8484
Original post by marcusmerehay
Yeah, that one - lunged into the challenge studs first, two-footed or not it could still be a red card offence.

I'm rather enjoying this Chelsea performance. :lol:

Shelvey did get the ball. Also, it looked a lot less dangerous than Koscielny's in your sig :wink:
Love how they let downing have the pen so he feels involved...and he misses
Original post by kuks
3-0 :lol: What an absolute crumble by Chelsea! Makes us wonder where this team has been all season...

Wasn't surprised we missed that peno though...it was always going to happen :biggrin:

We have played like this all season except usually Suarez's run would have ended in an Essien clearance rather than an OG. Henderson would have hit the bar and Agger too. It would have all been made worse by Downing missing the pen and we'd end up losing or drawing the game because of a soul destroying and exhausting first half. :biggrin:
Original post by nosaer
What is it going to take to break Downing's duck??

Not the first time Chelsea are being played off the pitch.

Being sold.
Original post by Kruz
What the hell is happening to Chelsea?

They clearly don't give a **** about this game. It's a pointless match in their eyes. No chance of getting 4th.
Chelsea are going to do a united and come back to 3-3, you watch.
Reply 8490
Original post by kuks
3-0 :lol: What an absolute crumble by Chelsea! Makes us wonder where this team has been all season...

Wasn't surprised we missed that peno though...it was always going to happen :biggrin:

It's also one of our obligatory woodworks out of the way too XD
Let Reina take the next pen, FFS :angry:
Original post by Hopple
Shelvey did get the ball. Also, it looked a lot less dangerous than Koscielny's in your sig :wink:

Shelvey's was straight at Ramires, mind, not a ball in mid-air. :wink:

Though yeah, he did at least win the ball. Essien's was pretty disgusting and the ref was right behind him!
Original post by Tommyjw
Chelsea are going to do a united and come back to 3-3, you watch.

Put a tenner on it :biggrin:
Reply 8494
Wow. Well we can afford to miss the pen. But I was hoping for Downing to score. In fact, I wondered who would take a pen after we went 3-0 up. Maybe wondered if Reina got a cheeky goal.

Anyway hope we don't mess it up.
Reply 8495
Wow, how bad are Chelsea, they're just waiting for the Champions League. Bench was laughing at 3-0 down, they're not too fussed and they away support seems minimal.

Nice to see us taking advantage though, makes for some good viewing at Anfield for a change. Some nice passes and moves and Hendo took his goal well, really pleased for him.

Downing is terrible though, had a few shots and put a few crosses in and my housemate is like ''wow, he's playing really well''... this is why everyone raved about him at M'Boro and Villa, he did one or two good things in a game but his work rate is absolutely pathetic nd his penalty miss just tops it off, as soon as he stepped up I never felt confident.

Anyway, another of my Downing hatred. The performance has been good, I hope we keep it going. Can see Terry walking as well!
Original post by KingMessi
Furthermore, can some Liverpool fans shed some light on why the reception for Fernando Torres is so bad? As far as I know, his departure wasn't acrimonious; he didn't hold the club to ransom (please correct me if either of those statements are incorrect); you got a good transfer fee for him and he was a fantastic player for you.

Correct me if I'm incorrect, but it seems like a rather inane case of 'pantomime villain'.

He handed in a transfer request and demanded to move to Chelsea at the eve of the January transfer window.

How is that not acrimonious?
Reply 8497
Original post by Jim-Jam
You were trying to justify Chelsea fans booing in a minute's silence for a player who dropped dead.

Decent performance, Terry's two mistakes show why Carroll should have started Saturday!!

Anyway... Doesn't matter, could we score 4 for the first time? Hope this isn't another QPR/Blackburn match anyway. :smile:

and you were trying to say just because a minority said it then Chelsea fans get all are ****. Well your fans are were being racist therefore, by your logic. Liverpool are racist club.
What is more unbelievable? Henderson scoring or Andy Carroll completely mugging off John Terry with his mad skills.

You know what is believable though..Downing...:facepalm2:

Shame this counts for relatively little, except finishing in the top half of course :ahee:
Would still like to see us thrash these by as many goals as possible..it won't make up for our gutless performance in the cup but pride is still important.

EDIT - I see the trolls are here in force tonight.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lol_this
and you were trying to say just because a minority said it then Chelsea fans get all are ****. Well your fans are were being racist therefore, by your logic. Liverpool are racist club.

Wasn't everyone saying that anyway?
Pretty sure you said it.

Latest