The Student Room Group

7 teens arrested for filmed attack on boy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Reply 21
I don't know about the areas you live in but where I live things like this are a regular occurrence.
Reply 22
Original post by Besakt
I don't know about the areas you live in but where I live things like this are a regular occurrence.

And it is where i live. Shame that doesn't matter at all for this story aye?
Reply 23
Original post by Tommyjw
And it is where i live. Shame that doesn't matter at all for this story aye?

I just think it's blown way out of proportion. Yes what they did wasn't exactly the acts of angels but it's not actually that big of a deal.
Reply 24
People like them deserve the capital punishment.
Reply 25
Original post by Hogwartz
People like them deserve the capital punishment.

Because there is obviously not two sides to this story?
Reply 26
Original post by Besakt
Because there is obviously not two sides to this story?

Before you get to that, you should know i'm the hugest justitfier here. However, that fight was NOT out of anger and in-the-moment sort of fight. It was a pre-meditated murder plot. If that act had been carried out on anybody else weaker they would have been left dead. The length they abused this man for was dispicably disgusting. I understand that environment and upbringing may have played a huge role, but their acts were dehumanising, and they were old enough to understand that if they were in that position, it would have not been very nice. They did not have a personal vendetta against the asian lad, so why would they torture him in such a way? If they ever came across me i swear i'd...:rant:

Sometimes harsh punishment is needed to those who do not understand the essential norms of society, in that way they can learn faster and adapt easier.
Reply 27
Original post by Besakt

Where do you live?
Reply 28
Pisses me off that some of the attackers were only 15. Man why didn't the victim just pretended he knew king fu or something, wouldda scared the **** out of them.
Reply 29
Before you get to that, you should know i'm the hugest justitfier here. However, that fight was NOT out of anger and in-the-moment sort of fight. It was a pre-meditated murder plot. If that act had been carried out on anybody else weaker they would have been left dead. The length they abused this man for was dispicably disgusting. I understand that environment and upbringing may have played a huge role, but their acts were dehumanising, and they were old enough to understand that if they were in that position, it would have not been very nice. They did not have a personal vendetta against the asian lad, so why would they torture him in such a way? If they ever came across me i swear i'd...:rant:

Sometimes harsh punishment is needed to those who do not understand the essential norms of society, in that way they can learn faster and adapt easier.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-01-18/news/chi-7-teens-charged-in-beating-robbery-posted-on-youtube-20120118_1_south-side-alley-juvenile-delinquency-petitions-retaliation
Do you really think they just went out and hit this guy like that?

Original post by .eXe
Where do you live?

In a not very nice area.
Reply 30

Erm, WHAT?! So what are you trying to say :confused:
Plus just because you don't live in a nice area doesn't mean their actions are justified. They need a punch back to be taught. Anjd i'm willing to do it.
(edited 12 years ago)

And capital punishment, as you said, is the just solution to these things.

I think you don't know what you're talking about. A bunch of kids start physically assaulting another kid: this is all you need to know before considering them inhuman and unworthy of rehabilitation.

Because of course, these people deserve it. Nothing else to consider. Their environment and upbringing can't have had an effect on their behaviour or predisposition to become violent or criminal, surely. There is no underlying isue that could have prevented this in the first place. Let's kill them or throw them into a prison, where violence and criminality reproduces itself -- then bring them back.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Widowmaker
And capital punishment, as you said, is the just solution to these things.

I think you don't know what you're talking about. A bunch of kids start physically assaulting another kid: this is all you need to know before considering them inhuman and unworthy of rehabilitation.

Because of course, these people deserve it. Nothing else to consider. Their environment and upbringing can't have had an effect on their behaviour or predisposition to become violent or criminal, surely. Let's kill them or throw them into a prison, where violence and criminality reproduces itself.

They are NOt kids, they are 15. And if they were to be kids, that would be a disturbing as what are going through their minds are beyond questioning. They should be thinking about whether to get their hair long or short, not how to murder a chinese.

Prison doesn't do anything, i can agree with that. I've been brought up probably in the same kind of environment they have, if i was to stay away from torturing someone for no reason. i'm sure they can.
Reply 33
Original post by Besakt
"After the hearing, his father said the attack was “retaliation” for an incident last month when the victim and his friends jumped Raymond and another boy after school. After that incident, there was a lot of trash talking on Facebook and things spiraled out of control, the father said."

Did you even read it?

Read my comment again I'm not justifying it I said it has been blown out of proportion.

This attack was in retaliation and these people did "punch back".

Just taking the father's word on it doesn't seem like the best idea. Obviously he will try to make it look like his kid isn't the ******* he appears on camera.

Also, if those asians really attacked his son and were fighting on facebook and all that, why didn't this dad report the police? What kind of a father sits on his ass with the knowledge that his own underaged son is engaged in violence with others?

Does this seem like a responsible, concerned father to you?

No.

Why is why I dont give a damn what his reasoning is, I have no sympathy for his stupid ass nor his son's.
Original post by DanielMartin
Those attackers should all be brutally beaten, burnt, stabbed, cut, abused, tortured, raped and forced to endure that same beating every day for a year.

That kind of behaviour isn't tolerable. **** them. Morons.

...Yeah that'll really help the ideal that violence isn't acceptable
Reply 35
Original post by Besakt
"After the hearing, his father said the attack was “retaliation” for an incident last month when the victim and his friends jumped Raymond and another boy after school. After that incident, there was a lot of trash talking on Facebook and things spiraled out of control, the father said."

Did you even read it?

Read my comment again I'm not justifying it I said it has been blown out of proportion.

This attack was in retaliation and these people did "punch back".

THAT makes it all better then. Someone punched you, now lets torture them, with a 5 on 1! If you're going to fight, you shouldn't fight like some sort of pussy bitch with all your mates there and videoing it. If they were really angry they should have done it on the spot and not plan it like stupid idiots.
Original post by Widowmaker
You're all just as bad as the attackers.

always one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 37
THAT makes it all better then. Someone punched you, now lets torture them, with a 5 on 1! If you're going to fight, you shouldn't fight like some sort of pussy bitch with all your mates there and videoing it. If they were really angry they should have done it on the spot and not plan it like stupid idiots.

Do you read anything I post? Or do you just read half the sentences?

"victim and his friends jumped Raymond"

So at least (there could have been much more) 3 people jumped Raymond. So Raymond retaliated.
Reply 38
Original post by Besakt
Do you read anything I post? Or do you just read half the sentences?

"victim and his friends jumped Raymond"

So at least (there could have been much more) 3 people jumped Raymond. So Raymond retaliated.

Okay, but i'm not understanding the point you are trying to make. What are your veiws on this? :confused:
Reply 39
Original post by .eXe
Just taking the father's word on it doesn't seem like the best idea. Obviously he will try to make it look like his kid isn't the ******* he appears on camera.

Also, if those asians really attacked his son and were fighting on facebook and all that, why didn't this dad report the police? What kind of a father sits on his ass with the knowledge that his own underaged son is engaged in violence with others?

Does this seem like a responsible, concerned father to you?

No.

Why is why I dont give a damn what his reasoning is, I have no sympathy for his stupid ass nor his son's.

What so we base our decision on this one video. With no background story because it could be biased.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending