The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London College of Fashion Portfolio Review

Hi all! I've applied to the BA Fashion Design and Technology - Womenswear course at LCF. I received an email yesterday about how I had to upload 10-15 images of my work, and I am so stuck! It's so difficult just choosing 15, and I was wondering if anyone else's already done theirs, and will a double page spread of research or designs count as one image, or 2?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!
Reply 1
Hey! i've applied to 2 courses at LCF and i have to send in a mini-portfolio for womenswear before next friday :/
Has anyone else had to do this and what sort of things did you put in it?? :smile: x
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
i've applied for fashion textiles and i thought i had to do a mini portfolio?
but i've been given an interview date straight out?should i phone up?
and i get what you mean,10-15 isn't enough :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by msmith182
i've applied for fashion textiles and i thought i had to do a mini portfolio?
but i've been given an interview date straight out?should i phone up?
and i get what you mean,10-15 isn't enough :smile:

I wouldn't phone, I'd assume your application was of a high enough quality that they didn't need to see a mini-portfolio, well done!
Reply 4
Original post by emileighcat
I wouldn't phone, I'd assume your application was of a high enough quality that they didn't need to see a mini-portfolio, well done!

ooooh got an email with alll the info,i have to drop off my portfolio and leave..then come back a while later and see if they even want to interview me...so it could be a massive waste of time :/ oh dear
Original post by msmith182
ooooh got an email with alll the info,i have to drop off my portfolio and leave..then come back a while later and see if they even want to interview me...so it could be a massive waste of time :/ oh dear

I'm in the same situation, they skipped over the mini-portfolio bit which I'll take as a good sign. I have to go in for the portfolio assesment interview bit on feb 9th, so nervous! No idea whether NOT getting an interview will turn out to be a good thing or just plain bad - i.e. maybe they look at your work and don't need to interview you because they like it lots and already want to give you a place or they don't want you. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
hey went for fine yesterday it was brutal!!
30 people wre invited for the review
then they tell u a little about the course....then u wait downstairs...for an hr?which ended up being almost 2
then the woman cam down stairs and said who got an interview
only about 8 ot 9 :s
so like 21 people then had to leave after all that travel :/ i got an interview thank god,was read out last lol scared me!then interview was nice and relaxed...10 mins?just like...why u wanna go here?weaknsses stregths etc :biggrin: favourite part of the design processs xx
Reply 7
anyone heard back from lcf for fashion womenswear yet? x
Reply 8
Hey DaisyP, I sent off my mini-portfolio almost a month ago, haven't heard anything yet. Have you heard back? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending