The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by ikz94
what topics did u do for PSYA3 (i did hardcore revsion for this aswell) same I want a B/A for this! gutted if anything less!

I did biological rhythms, intelligence and learning, cognitive development you?
I thought it was okay... well I thought the questions were ok but everyone else came out the exam saying it was horrible. But usually if I thought I did well I did awful so I can't guess how it went :/
EMERGENCY....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::

Hi,I know this is really random. But can someone tell me how the OCR CHEMISTRY ISA's work?

Because, I have done 3 isa's so far, and I was wondering do they select the ISA with the best mark? Or do they work out a average on all your marks!
PLEASEEE HELP!
Reply 742
Original post by gpostleth
I did biological rhythms, intelligence and learning, cognitive development you?
I thought it was okay... well I thought the questions were ok but everyone else came out the exam saying it was horrible. But usually if I thought I did well I did awful so I can't guess how it went :/

i did relationships, agression and bio rythms us ee for the 4 marker on narcolepsy i wrote its a disorder caused by seized sleepiness. symptoms are microsleeps were sufferers go to sleep during the middle of activities and wake up realsiisng they have fallen alseep. i wrote someohter stuff too would i get marks for that? what ddi u write for that qs ???

I know every one came out sulking?? i found it ok not the best qs but fair paper though same as you when i think it went well get some shocked grade!
Reply 743
Original post by ikz94
i did relationships, agression and bio rythms us ee for the 4 marker on narcolepsy i wrote its a disorder caused by seized sleepiness. symptoms are microsleeps were sufferers go to sleep during the middle of activities and wake up realsiisng they have fallen alseep. i wrote someohter stuff too would i get marks for that? what ddi u write for that qs ???

I know every one came out sulking?? i found it ok not the best qs but fair paper though same as you when i think it went well get some shocked grade!

I wrote about the symptoms and how they're associated with REM sleep going over to waking life - e.g. cataplexy where you suddenly lose muscle tone - in REM sleep you're muscles are completely relaxed.
Wrote a bit of research on it to do with a gene, something about dogs..
It was only a 4 mark question so you could have written anything to do with narcolepsy and pick up marks I guess
Reply 744
Original post by gpostleth
I wrote about the symptoms and how they're associated with REM sleep going over to waking life - e.g. cataplexy where you suddenly lose muscle tone - in REM sleep you're muscles are completely relaxed.
Wrote a bit of research on it to do with a gene, something about dogs..
It was only a 4 mark question so you could have written anything to do with narcolepsy and pick up marks I guess

yeh i wrote that cataplexy stuff as well although i couldnt remmeber the reserch on hypocretin we ddint learn the dog one :frown:
Reply 745
Did anyone do ICT G063 (OCR) in Jan?

Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
can you get a F? i thought it went from an E to an U :confused:

Yeah sorry, i meant U. Still thinking of the GCSE system :frown:
Reply 747
Original post by xx-Sanna-xx
EMERGENCY....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::

Hi,I know this is really random. But can someone tell me how the OCR CHEMISTRY ISA's work?

Because, I have done 3 isa's so far, and I was wondering do they select the ISA with the best mark? Or do they work out a average on all your marks!
PLEASEEE HELP!

For the OCR chemistry ISA there are three parts; quantitative , qualitative and evaluative. There are 3 papers for each parts. If you do more than 1 i.e 2 or 3 papers of the SAME Part then the best mark is submitted for this SAME part.Each paper can only be attempted once. If you do only one of each part then you can only submitted this one mark of each part. I hope it makes sense.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ikz94
18 day left :eek: thenext seven days gna whizz by i got mentor sessions tutor reprsentative meeting revsison notes to make lessons to go....... so it's like 10 days for me :frown:

19 days mate!!!! Leap year this year!
Unit 1 was a resit for me as got a D originally :frown:. I found it hard too and looking back at the past papers i think this one was one of the hardest.
Reply 750
Original post by GreenLantern1
19 days mate!!!! Leap year this year!

nah! today's the 18th bun today 11 days till 29th feb then 7 days of march 8th dont count :P
Please please no resits.

Completely forgot everything in Unit 1s!

That's it, pulling my finger out of my butt and GETTIN IT ON!
Original post by Last Chance
Please please no resits.

Completely forgot everything in Unit 1s!

That's it, pulling my finger out of my butt and GETTIN IT ON!

ThE BrA!N !S FaSCInaTInG.

There's a typo in your sig.
Reply 753
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
thats what I'm like, but you cant show disappointment cause most of my friends do get B's/C's haha

Most of my friends at college hardley work so they aren't exactly getting A/Bs whereas I work hard and getting high grades, if I get below an A they have a go at me for complaining :rolleyes:
19 days! - waaaa :cry2:
Ight so what are you guys planning on doing if you do well come the 8th of March?

I'm planning on grinning for the entire day. I've never really been happy on results day (nothing much to be happy about in previous ones...) so yeah happiness would be a nice change :biggrin:
Reply 756
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
19 days! - waaaa :cry2:

:hugs: I'm sure you'll get amazing results, you'll look back and wonder why you were worrying :smile:
Original post by lmartynofficial
Just saw the ocr grade boundaries and I can lose up to 18 marks and still get an A! *bbm dancing face*

Ey where did you see this? On the website they dont have any raw mark grade boundaries.
I'm always just normal when I get my results, regardless of what I get. It's awkward when you've done better than your mates and they're more happier about thier grades then you are about yours :s-smilie:
Original post by lilGem
:hugs: I'm sure you'll get amazing results, you'll look back and wonder why you were worrying :smile:

I know i'll have at least one U waiting for me. The other three, i'm hoping I managed to get a decent grade. :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest