The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I saw it, I smiled, it wasn't as good as the flip flop exchange last week though :biggrin:
Reply 2
Wasn't bad, but Hague got his arse kicked by Blair on every other issue.
Reply 3
i smiled but it wasn't hilarious
Reply 4
Not as good as the "failing institutions" quip at Campbell the other week.
Reply 5
I rather liked the general patronising of Simon Hughes
Reply 6
Pfft, I can't find it. Theres just the Terrorism Bill available atm, no PMQs. :confused:
Yeh theres something funny each week (but thats wasnt anything amazing), with Blair usually coming out on top over lib dems and especially Tories.
Reply 8
I think willy hague did a bloody good show today. If he was like that every week when he was priming up, he wouldnt have gone/
Stravinsky
William Hague is standing in from David Cameron at PMQ's. He just said ,"this is the first time each party has not been represented by its rightful leader" to Tony blair. you had to be there.:biggrin:

About as funny as cancer.
Reply 10
hence why I said "you had to be there"
Reply 11
I think willy hague did a bloody good show today. If he was like that every week when he was priming up, he wouldnt have gone/

I thought he was known for always being pretty good at PMQs, but that doesn't really register with many voters..
Reply 12
Theres this bloke on BBC who does verdicts on the PMQs, he said for one joke I think it was Michael Howard that even Labour MPs were "Rolling in the aisles", you watched it and the Tory frontbench barely smiled.

Just thought I'd share that.
Reply 13
Stravinsky

Do you think we should have him back as Oppositon Leader and give 'Dave' the old 'heave, ho'?
Reply 14
I think that was a bit of a cheap joke and yeah blair wiped the floor with him on every issue raised.
Reply 15
Blair summed it up well with:

"the jokes are good but the judgement not so".
Reply 16
yeah i agree, if the tories are using william hague as a frontman they are truly going backwards rather than forwards.
Reply 17
How did Blair wipe the floor with him on every other issue? Blair skirted round the questions asked and made the terrorism bill a party political issue. Just how was that wiping the floor. Yes he was excellent at dealing with Hague but he did not by any means answer any of Hague's questions with convincing answers.
Reply 18
Were you guys who thought Blair won whatching the same PMQs as me?

Granted, Blair probably just about won the war of rhetoric with regard to the exchange about the Incitement to Terrorism Bill simply by lying through his teeth about the effects of the Lord's amendment and so was able to bang on about that. However, Hague absolutely slaughtered him on the local assemblies questions. Overall I would give it to Hague, just consider how rattled Blair looked by the end compared to Hague's cool, calm and collected demeanour.

With regards to Hague and Dave's leadership credentials, then I must reluctantly admit that however much I might like Hague, it is Dave that is far more likely to win an election, and in politics that's the bottom line! That said, I am of the opinion that Hague will be Chancellor in Cameron's government and given his experience will probably hold the same power over economic policy that Brown currently wields... So watch this space.
Reply 19
yeh but flip-flop was better, "no wonder he's against identity cards" ha ha

Latest

Trending

Trending