The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Natalie21
Was going to ask the same question :P... waiting for the post or an email :/p

I think it'll be by post as on the UNIQ homepage it mentions everyone apart from medicine will be getting their letters at the expected date. :smile: Obviously not sure though :tongue:
Does anyone know when Sutton Trust get back to us?
Reply 1981
Original post by AmiraSerafina
Aw man, UCL don't cut slack do they? What do they look for in AS?

well UCL like ASes as well.

Schools put different emphasis on your AS grades, push for the best you can get, a nice set of As will help if you want to apply to UCL because they like AS.
Original post by Pride
Hello everyone, if you're thinking about going to a King's open day, they've finally opened the booking (exactly 11am yesterday :blush:) so book a place, because they're bound to gon quick like the imperial one coming later this month did.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/openday/index.aspx

in other news, is anyone else here going to the imperial open day this month?

I'm going to the imperial one :smile: BTW were we supposed to receive any letters for that?

Which Kings day have you booked? I've booked all three :colondollar: ( not sure what days i'll have free yet) but hopefully i'll be able to cancel in time for someone on the waiting list to get a place.
Original post by Gcayte
I think it'll be by post as on the UNIQ homepage it mentions everyone apart from medicine will be getting their letters at the expected date. :smile: Obviously not sure though :tongue:
Does anyone know when Sutton Trust get back to us?

Yeah I thought it was a letter - the post has been today and no letter :'(

Its the end of April - perhaps the 27th? Sometime around then :P

Yeah they said mid week but no letter, or email :frown:

On another note, I finished my work experience placement today, so now time to get to that revision... :/
Original post by TaraBelle
Yeah they said mid week but no letter, or email :frown:

On another note, I finished my work experience placement today, so now time to get to that revision... :/

Me either - hopefully tomorrow :smile:

Ooh how was your work exp??

I've been revising core 2 all day :/
Reply 1986

I havent been home yet, but I imagine theyd send them all at the same time! Hopefully tomorrow, I doubt Ive got in, I would just like to know :tongue:
And ah right, thanks! Which one did you apply for? :smile:
Reply 1987

Same!
Ive got really bored now so having a break :tongue:
Original post by Gcayte
I havent been home yet, but I imagine theyd send them all at the same time! Hopefully tomorrow, I doubt Ive got in, I would just like to know :tongue:
And ah right, thanks! Which one did you apply for? :smile:

Yeah I guess we'll all get them at the same time!
Medicine at Cambridge, wbu?

Original post by Gcayte
Same!
Ive got really bored now so having a break :tongue:

Core 2 sucks :P
Reply 1989
Original post by Pride
Hello everyone, if you're thinking about going to a King's open day, they've finally opened the booking (exactly 11am yesterday :blush:) so book a place, because they're bound to gon quick like the imperial one coming later this month did.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/openday/index.aspx

in other news, is anyone else here going to the imperial open day this month?

I'm going to the imperial one :yep:
Reply 1990
Yeah I guess we'll all get them at the same time!
Medicine at Cambridge, wbu?

Core 2 sucks :P

Yeah :smile: and Medicine at Nottingham :smile:
And I know :tongue: Core 3 and 4 look so much better! :smile:
Ugh, I was planning to revise pretty much every day this week, but I've been so ill today I've barely moved from the sofa :cry2:
Reply 1992
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Ugh, I was planning to revise pretty much every day this week, but I've been so ill today I've barely moved from the sofa :cry2:

Oh no :frown:
Get well soon! :smile:
Original post by Gcayte
Yeah :smile: and Medicine at Nottingham :smile:
And I know :tongue: Core 3 and 4 look so much better! :smile:

Ooh nice :biggrin: Good luck :biggrin:

They do - although I've heard that core 3 is horrific :P

Hope you feel better soon :biggrin: :biggrin:

I had to drug myself up (legally of course :P) today to get any work done - felt awful this morning :P
Reply 1994
Ooh nice :biggrin: Good luck :biggrin:

They do - although I've heard that core 3 is horrific :P

Same to you! :biggrin:
And yeah, but hopefully its a bit more interesting :biggrin:

I know how you feel! I got this bug last week, and I was literally like "WHY GOD, WHY NOW?!" but the worst of it turned out to be over in a couple of days...hope you feel better soon, it can be a pain in the arse when it's the holidays and you're staring at the mile-high amount of work you've got to do, and then you never feel like doing it, till it gets to the point where you feel ill just thinking about it :") DON'T think about it......yet. Get better first, ensure your feeling tip-top, and then hit the revision hard!
Me either - hopefully tomorrow :smile:

Ooh how was your work exp??

yeahhh like GCayte, I doubt I've got it, just wanna know! :P

it was really good :biggrin: It was monday, tuesday and today, and I did ward rounds in morning and then clinics in the afternoon, but today afternoon I saw reconstructive breast surgery instead which was good :biggrin: but so tiring walking round, I'm shattered now :frown:

urgh core 2! how much/ how have you been revising? Hate maths so much, I'm thinking of dropping it :/ what subjects do you do?
Original post by Gcayte
Oh no :frown:
Get well soon! :smile:

:hugs:

Hope you feel better soon :biggrin: :biggrin:

I had to drug myself up (legally of course :P) today to get any work done - felt awful this morning :P

Thank you!! :smile:

Ahh, I tried that. Took two paracetamol and didn't feel any difference. Although I do feel worse now and it's been over four hours, so maybe I just didn't notice the difference. (I have no idea if that makes sense, I don't even make sense to myself right now :tongue:)

Original post by ameelia22
I know how you feel! I got this bug last week, and I was literally like "WHY GOD, WHY NOW?!" but the worst of it turned out to be over in a couple of days...hope you feel better soon, it can be a pain in the arse when it's the holidays and you're staring at the mile-high amount of work you've got to do, and then you never feel like doing it, till it gets to the point where you feel ill just thinking about it :") DON'T think about it......yet. Get better first, ensure your feeling tip-top, and then hit the revision hard!

It's the worst feeling when you have work to do! But I'm so glad it came this week and not next, because I'm on work experience next week. Thank you though, I shall concentrate on getting better first, don't think I'll take much in feeling like this :frown:
Original post by AmiraSerafina
Aw man, UCL don't cut slack do they? What do they look for in AS?

Taken straight from UCL's Selection Procedure (italicisation is mine) :

[INDENT]"Although there is no simple relationship between academic performance and whether or not a student will make a ‘good’ doctor, there is some evidence that those with low grades or those who need to re-sit examinations are more likely to have academic problems with the programme. GCSEs will be used as a general indicator of the candidate’s academic background. AS-level grades are used to gauge academic performance (a strong performance at AS, particularly in Chemistry and Biology, is expected of prospective medical students)."[/INDENT]

UCL is one of the toughest medical schools to get into in the country, I think even the best of applicants should think twice before applying there...
Gah, chemistry revision is sooo dull :frown:

How much revision is everyone managing to do? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending