The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most local pools I know allow the t-shirt over a swimsuit but leggings does seem a bit much! Then again, if you're not comfortable, you should be allowed to wear whatever you like!
Reply 2
You would just look like you have something to hide causing people to look more. There is probably nothing wrong with your legs. I used to be self conscious about my little belly and stretch marks untill I saw big fat hairy turkish guys swanning around the poolside not giving a ****.
Original post by baize141
Most local pools I know allow the t-shirt over a swimsuit but leggings does seem a bit much! Then again, if you're not comfortable, you should be allowed to wear whatever you like!

If it causes a risk to safety, then no you shouldn't.

And you're going to draw more attention to yourself wearing leggings/t-shirt tbh.
They probably won't allow it. (Ex-lifeguard/lifeguard when I can here).

Honestly you will struggle when the leggings get wet and it will be harder to swim and they will become all messed up because most leggings are a cheap/weird material.

Anyway you are self conscious, but are people gonna look at see some normal skin and legs and look away or are they going to look at see leggings then think why are they wearing leggings? What have they got to hide? Hey look at her, doesn't she look weird in leggings.

Honestly, trying to disguise stuff makes it worse, be who you are and don't be ashamed, you can't change yourself anyway :smile:
Reply 5
Nope, thats not a good idea, try swimming in clothes and you'll see what I mean.

Wear a wetsuit or something? By the way you aren't self harming are you, I have to ask, because you should get help if thats why you want to hide your legs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JammyChoos
I want to cover up my legs when I go swimming because they look horrible. Is it okay to wear leggings with a swimsuit? Do places allow it? What about T-shirts over the swim suits?
Its also because im uncomfortable with people seeing me but I really want to go swimming.

burqini?

if they make a fuss kick off and say you're a muslim and it is part of your faith..
Original post by Bellissima
burqini?

if they make a fuss kick off and say you're a muslim and it is part of your faith..

Why is religion so ridiculous?
Reply 8
Original post by Megaross

Wear a wetsuit or something? By the way you aren't self harming are you, I have to ask, because you should get help if thats why you want to hide your legs.

No im not self harming lol. Just self conscious.
Reply 9
Original post by Bellissima
burqini?

These are so expensive! Its like £150!!
I used to/occasionally still self-harm and my thighs are covered with scars (it's really obvious what they're from as well), so I never want anyone to see them. What I do when swimming is wear longish (just below knee) boys swimming shorts with a bikini top (and bottoms underneath the shorts just in case) - it can actually look really cute if you match patterns etc. Or you could wear the shorts over a swimming costume if you don't like bikinis.
If people think it's weird I just say they're comfy or I don't like my legs or something - most never ask, but they might do if you were wearing leggings.
Reply 13
As has already been said, you may draw attention to yourself and make your insecurities worse. I'm sure your legs aren't that bad and in the water nobody is looking at each others' legs! The best way to deal with being self-conscious is to fix whatever makes you feel that way, not mask them.
you won't be allowed in the pool (work as a lifeguard) or would interegated about why you should be allowed - which would be much more embarrassing! when you're in the water, no one can see your legs particularly so i wouldn't worry. :smile:
Original post by rebeccapeake
you won't be allowed in the pool (work as a lifeguard) or would interegated about why you should be allowed - which would be much more embarrassing! when you're in the water, no one can see your legs particularly so i wouldn't worry. :smile:

What about shorts?
I HATE my thighs, so I wear long board shorts over my bikini bottoms . . .
Original post by Clare~Bear
I HATE my thighs, so I wear long board shorts over my bikini bottoms . . .

Do you do that at an indoor swimming pool and are they alright with it?
Original post by JammyChoos
I want to cover up my legs when I go swimming because they look horrible. Is it okay to wear leggings with a swimsuit? Do places allow it? What about T-shirts over the swim suits?
Its also because im uncomfortable with people seeing me but I really want to go swimming.

Why don't you just wear a proper long-legged swimsuit?

http://store.speedo.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category3_10151_10202_115859_33310_-1?lNavClk=1
Reply 19

Thanks. I'll check them out

Latest