The Student Room Group

What do non-skinny girls wear clubbing?

Scroll to see replies

I'm a 10/12, but with an hour glass figure, recently bought this dress to wear clubbing: http://www.lovestruckclothing.co.uk/#/helena-plain/4552065031

I find the style really flattering and it looks good with heels.
Reply 41
If your into bodycon stuff:
http://www.arkclothing.com/Ark_Female/whats_new/Hearts_and_Bows_Black_and_Cream_Baltimore_Dress.html

The black is slimming and the cream lines also gives it a slimming illusion
Reply 42
Original post by Sausage1
If your into bodycon stuff:
http://www.arkclothing.com/Ark_Female/whats_new/Hearts_and_Bows_Black_and_Cream_Baltimore_Dress.html

The black is slimming and the cream lines also gives it a slimming illusion

going to the gym and sorting your diet is more slimming.

brb spending your life covering it up insted of doing something about it.

womanlogic/10
Original post by sconter
and its not called non-skinny.

Well as it isn't skinny, I don't see why it isn't called non-skinny. :lolwut:
Original post by sconter

womanlogic/10

Also, who said she has a problem with how she looks? :lolwut: Stop assuming things.
Reply 45
Original post by LipstickKisses
Well as it isn't skinny, I don't see why it isn't called non-skinny. :lolwut:

wouldnt expect you to tbh.
Reply 46
Hopefully nothing skimpy.
Reply 47
Also, who said she has a problem with how she looks? :lolwut: Stop assuming things.

if you are using visual illusions in an attempt to look slimmer, you therefore want to look slimmer.

mind blowing isnt it.
Original post by sconter
wouldnt expect you to tbh.

Aka: I'm talking utter bull**** and so will respond with an irrelevant snarky comment to attempt to detract from the fact I have made a complete tit out of myself :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by rachelkeira
I'm a 10/12, but with an hour glass figure, recently bought this dress to wear clubbing: http://www.lovestruckclothing.co.uk/#/helena-plain/4552065031

I find the style really flattering and it looks good with heels.

Looks more like a bag than an item of clothing.
Original post by sconter
if you are using visual illusions in an attempt to look slimmer, you therefore want to look slimmer.

mind blowing isnt it.

Not necessarily. I'm size 8 and some clothes make me look a weird shape, so wanting to look 'slimmer' may actually be about wanting to look slimmer in that particular style of clothing.
Reply 51
Aka: I'm talking utter bull**** and so will respond with an irrelevant snarky comment to attempt to detract from the fact I have made a complete tit out of myself :teehee:

cute, but no.

its genuinely pathetic that you need it explaining to you.
Reply 52
Original post by sconter

womanlogic/10

I'm not fat.
Original post by sconter
cute, but no.

its genuinely pathetic that you need it explaining to you.

Yet again, a snarky remark to detract from the fact you can't back up the crap you're spewing. Shame it doesn't work :no:
Reply 54
Not necessarily. I'm size 8 and some clothes make me look a weird shape, so wanting to look 'slimmer' may actually be about wanting to look slimmer in that particular style of clothing.

but my response has nothing to do with someone talking about specific clothes.

also, cba multi quoting, but u said something about perhaps shes fine with her body. someone young shouldnt be happy with being a size 14. :wink:
Reply 55
Yet again, a snarky remark to detract from the fact you can't back up the crap you're spewing. Shame it doesn't work :no:

nope i just dont fancy wrting an essay to correct you. non-skinny, has a semantic meaning and connotations which is why its wrong to use.
Reply 56
Original post by sconter

mind blowing isnt it.

It's not about looking slimmer its about wearing clothes that flatter your body shape!

Ie a girl who wasn't slim and toned would not wear a bandeau top and hotpants
Reply 57
Original post by Sausage1
I'm not fat.

wanting to look slimmer means you are fatter than you want to be.

this is why dealing in absolutes is stupid, which is another reason i have a problem with the whole skinny non-skinny.

nothing in what i said says you are fat.
Original post by sconter
but my response has nothing to do with someone talking about specific clothes.

also, cba multi quoting, but u said something about perhaps shes fine with her body. someone young shouldnt be happy with being a size 14. :wink:

As you don't know her height, a size 14 may be perfectly fine? :lolwut:

Original post by sconter
nope i just dont fancy wrting an essay to correct you. non-skinny, has a semantic meaning and connotations which is why its wrong to use.

Non-skinny just means someone that isn't skinny, nothing else. Skinny is also subjective, to some it's the same as slim, to others, underweight and to others a shape. So, it isn't wrong.
Original post by neverlander¾
Thin is good, skinny IS bad.

So, in the op, it should be 'what do non-thin girls wear clubbing'? Or are we actually suggesting here that the majority of non-big girls who go clubbing are unhealthy?

Quick Reply

Latest