The Student Room Group

Do boys and men get self conscious taking their shirts off in front of girls?

Do boys and men get self conscious taking their shirts off in front of girls, even if they have good bodies?

The other day in PE the pump in the pool broke when the boys were meant to have swimming, so they had to join the girls lesson in the gym instead, and wear their swimming shorts. Some of them seemed much more shy and quiet than they usually do, do you think that's because they had to take their shirts off in front of us? Maybe it was a bit awkward for them (though to be honest we weren't complaining haha)?
The thing is the guys who will be the most self-conscious about it will be the ones who are either really thin or chubby and larger. That doesn't mean guys with good bodies will not feel self-conscious about it but it's far more rare. They're usually used to that, guys can go shirtless for a variety of reasons.
Reply 2
Too old to care
ask david brent
I think the answer is often yes, but as someone said above - not always. I'm generally OK with having my top off in appropriate circumstances. But if it's unexpected, or I'm 16 and I'm in a place where I might get teased for being skinny, or pale, or whatever personal hang up,then I maybe would feel at least self conscious. I don't think it would stop me doing it, but school PE is a few years ago for me now!
Reply 5
Original post by CultureGeek
I think the answer is often yes, but as someone said above - not always. I'm generally OK with having my top off in appropriate circumstances. But if it's unexpected, or I'm 16 and I'm in a place where I might get teased for being skinny, or pale, or whatever personal hang up,then I maybe would feel at least self conscious. I don't think it would stop me doing it, but school PE is a few years ago for me now!

This!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending