The Student Room Group

Do girls check out boys in with their shirts off?

We're going to start swimming in PE and I'm worried about having to take my shirt off in front of girls. Previous years PE has been single sex so never an issue before. In particular I'm a bit embarrassed as there's a girl in my class who I like and we've texted a bit. I don't have a bad body or anything I'm just a bit self-conscious and boys arent allowed to wear rash guards or anything other than swim shorts. Do you think the girls will be looking at our bodies or will they not take any notice?
you shouldnt care what others think and tbh i dont think many people think of looking at others chests during PE
i mean i swim competitively to national level and many swimmers dont care about physique im relativley skinny without much muscle and i have had no hastle same in pe which is both sex and no problems there either
youll be fine,its just a barrier
Some do.
Quite a few will look at anything except a guy's chest or feet.
Many are not interested at all.
Original post by Anonymous
We're going to start swimming in PE and I'm worried about having to take my shirt off in front of girls. Previous years PE has been single sex so never an issue before. In particular I'm a bit embarrassed as there's a girl in my class who I like and we've texted a bit. I don't have a bad body or anything I'm just a bit self-conscious and boys arent allowed to wear rash guards or anything other than swim shorts. Do you think the girls will be looking at our bodies or will they not take any notice?

Well let's face it... you (and the other guys in your class) are probably doing exactly the same thing to them, so you're all in the same boat TBF. You'll be in the same state as everyone else there, it's not like they're all stripping you personally.

As long as you don't *ahem* "show your appreciation", you'll be fine... On the other hand, if the inevitable does happen, then quickly jump in the pool to "cool off" :colondollar:
Yes, they will see and look. A naked chest is kind of hard to miss.
Well let's face it... you (and the other guys in your class) are probably doing exactly the same thing to them, so you're all in the same boat TBF. You'll be in the same state as everyone else there, it's not like they're all stripping you personally.

As long as you don't *ahem* "show your appreciation", you'll be fine... On the other hand, if the inevitable does happen, then quickly jump in the pool to "cool off" :colondollar:

Ahaha now you’ve given me something else to worry about lol
Reply 6
I think some will check out your chest and body. Some will look elsewhere. But all also will be feeling insecure. So they may not be looking 'critically' to put it that way. It would be worse if you were the only bare chested one?
Reply 7
Original post by CultureGeek
I think some will check out your chest and body. Some will look elsewhere. But all also will be feeling insecure. So they may not be looking 'critically' to put it that way. It would be worse if you were the only bare chested one?

Funny enough, this actually happened to me at school.

It was a mixed class, and I had forgotten my PE kit (purely by accident)... and when I told the teacher, they said I had to do it bare chested.

Bear in mind, that at the time I had a growth spurt, so was pretty skinny (although I had abs), and I was the only one who was topless... I was absolutely mortified... OH MY DAYS... that brought back some traumatising memories, thanks for that :lol::cry::shock:
Reply 8
Funny enough, this actually happened to me at school.

It was a mixed class, and I had forgotten my PE kit (purely by accident)... and when I told the teacher, they said I had to do it bare chested.

Bear in mind, that at the time I had a growth spurt, so was pretty skinny (although I had abs), and I was the only one who was topless... I was absolutely mortified... OH MY DAYS... that brought back some traumatising memories, thanks for that :lol::cry::shock:

Oops, sorry about that 😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending