The Student Room Group

Do not do IB. Ever.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Fcuk!
Gained 10pounds, got grey hairs and developed a coffee addiction whilst doing the IB. If you're given the choice, run as far and as fast away from it as you can. I'm now at uni, and still recovering.
You exaggerate. Probably didn't study often during the IB lol
I do A Levels but apparently the workload is way too much! Best of luck though, to everyone doing this! I'm sure if you study hard enough those grades will be very attainable! I was going to do an IB, one of my teachers in secondary school tried to convince me to do it but I decided against it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by LETSJaM
Actually 40% of A2 students got AAA or better at A Level last year.

<3 x

No they didn't ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6949084.stm - Whilst that article is from 2007, unless the amount of people achieving AAA has increased by over 1000%, you're wrong.
Reply 123
I did the IB, wrote my exams, the past month and I found it difficult and stressful. This is because I am a comp science and math person (comes naturally), languages put too much pressure and drove me nuts! Another thing is hated TOK/EE/CAS, too distracting from the core and my teachers were practically useless in them. However, I am not saying a-level is a breeze, there is more depth and some topics do seem hard. So, don't go in with a-levels are def easy and IB is brutal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending