(Original post by viewtifuldp)
a few tips from my first year:
1. dont buy cheap bin bags, SERIOUSLY
2. £1 change is like gold dust
3. stay away from the londis man in BGP
4. try and make friends with everyone, at least one person from each hall
5. go rowing on the lake when its sunny sometime. its MAGICAL
6. go to all freshers events, even if you cant, go anywya
7. buy a UoN hoody to fit in.
8. pick one society that you can get involved in quite deeply
9. if you only eat the cheapest food (tesco value) then it starts tasting quite nice
10. you will always pull in forum
11. dont be afraid of ocean
12. go to bluebells for cheap yagerbombs (£1 with student ID)
13. avoid the geese on campus
14. DONT buy many books, i hardly used any of mine.
15. keep all your lec notes organised, youll be so thankful at the end of the year
16. walk home from rock city at least once in your life
17. for fancy dress go to primark!
18. dont ever lose your friends in gatecrasher. youll never find them again.
19. everyone on campus will be jealous of self catered. just accept it.
20. you need a good alarm clock. trust me.
21. register with the cripps health clinic early, but not too early (avoid the ques of freshers week but dont wait until you've actually become ill)
22. if you have a bike, bring it. everyone rides bikes
23. get a student rail card
24. smile at everyone!
25. uni walls are so boring, so use some websites (photofish etc) to get 40 free prints sent to you. then do it again with a different email. and again, and again and again. but taking them down after year 1 is a pain!
26. GO TO THE VARSITY ICE HOCKEY. trust me
Hope those will help out somebody, I know some of those tips are absolutely crap...