The Student Room Group

I feel like im never going to make friends at uni due to my ugliness

I've not left for uni yet, and I feel completely hopeless. Ive got bad skin and teeth and whenever I see these people online they all look so pretty and I just dont think im ever going to be accepted. I also dont like clubbing or stuff so I feel like its going to be even harder during freshers. I am so terrified for next week I just want to be accepted and make friends. Can anyone offer me any advice
What you look like does not determine how many friends you can make! Some very pretty people may have horrible personalities for example. Pretty people you see online use a bunch of makeup and filters most likely, so don't base your standard on them. You're pretty enough in your own way.

As long as you be friendly to people and get on with your course, there will always be people who you can gel with. Not everyone clubs either (I'm not planning to, for one), and remember you have more time to make friends than in that one short fresher's week. You have at least 3 whole years.

So don't think too much about it. Just relax and be comfortable with yourself.
Aaand clubs are always far too noisy to chat properly and make meaningful connections anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I've not left for uni yet, and I feel completely hopeless. Ive got bad skin and teeth and whenever I see these people online they all look so pretty and I just dont think im ever going to be accepted. I also dont like clubbing or stuff so I feel like its going to be even harder during freshers. I am so terrified for next week I just want to be accepted and make friends. Can anyone offer me any advice

Frankly speaking, you're just stressing yourself too much which you shouldn't do. I can tell you if someone becomes friends with a person just because he/she is good-looking, that can be something else but definitely not friendship. Friendship or accepting someone comes from inside and that's the inner beauty. Remember not everyone on the planet prioritises outer beauty. Inner beauty is also appreciated by some people. So, be stress-free and hopefully, you'll meet some superb people. Good luck! :smile:
you could join a society :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending