The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's everyone giving up for Lent? It's come around so close!
Haven't a clue what to do... might do a bit of revision every day as my thing lol
Original post by matty123
Got 53/60 today on my Geography Coursework (Controlled Assessment). Does anybody know what grade this is? :smile: AQA GCSE Geography A

I think an A..I'm getting my mark next week.
Oh dear, havent done my geography c/a yet :frown: you guys doing edexcel b?
Reply 583
Thank you people! :biggrin:
Next week I have
a)German Oral (need to learn 600 words)
b)English C/A (need to roughly learn 1000 words)
c)Additional Physics (need to revise it all!)
Reply 585
Got 53/60 today on my Geography Coursework (Controlled Assessment). Does anybody know what grade this is? :smile: AQA GCSE Geography A

Judging by last year's boundaries, it would be an A* (just).
You can see the boundaries and convert to UMS here: http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php
Reply 586
Original post by saycrackagain
Oh dear, havent done my geography c/a yet :frown: you guys doing edexcel b?

I'm doing that. :smile: We finished our CA at the end of last half term though. It was horrible tbh... what question did you have?
Reply 587
Original post by Paradox.
Judging by last year's boundaries, it would be an A* (just).
You can see the boundaries and convert to UMS here: http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php

Thanks! I didn't know that you could look up coursework on the UMS converter! :biggrin:

Well done mate! I did that and got 48/60 so pretty much just scraped an A.
Last year it was 47 for an A (80 UMS) and 53 for an A* (90 UMS).

However, it has been increasing by 1 mark every year, as usual :frown:, so I would say we need 54/60 and 48/60 for an A* and A respectively.

So, that is most likely the highest A possible, about 88 UMS. Good mark though.:biggrin:
Original post by x-Sophie-x

I swear in the last thread you told me you got an A*, 56/60 !
Reply 590
Original post by x-Sophie-x

Thanks, and good luck!
Reply 591
Original post by GreenLantern1
Well done mate! I did that and got 48/60 so pretty much just scraped an A.
Last year it was 47 for an A (80 UMS) and 53 for an A* (90 UMS).

However, it has been increasing by 1 mark every year, as usual :frown:, so I would say we need 54/60 and 48/60 for an A* and A respectively.

So, that is most likely the highest A possible, about 88 UMS. Good mark though.:biggrin:

Reply 592
Original post by tamil4
What's everyone giving up for Lent? It's come around so close!
Haven't a clue what to do... might do a bit of revision every day as my thing lol

Honestly, as a non-religious person I don't see why I would give something I enjoy up for 40 days haha :smile:

I'll be doing revision, that's similar right?
Reply 593
No idea what I'll give up for lent tbh.

I have an english assesment to finish when we go back. I redid 3 so my teacher told me I deffo have stamina haha
Reply 594
Urrrrgh. Absolutely shattered today for some reason :frown:
Reply 595
Also; one thousand posts! Yay!
Reply 596
I'm attempting to give up unhealthy snacks between meals (eg can still eat fruit etc). Day 1 and I'm already struggling!
Hellooo :smile:
Only just realised I can comment on this post, saw last years but was just a measly year 10.
I only have 10 weeks left of school :redface: and then various exams and then my prom on the 30th of June and I'm done forever. Feels gooooood. And scary.

Coming up I have an English Lit controlled assessment on Of Mice and Men (a few lessons in early March) and a Maths Resit (7th March).

Its all sinking in on how hard I'll to work from now but I just don't have any motivation to work :frown: I procrastinate so badly and its awful. Need help to get me into revising haha or if anyone has advice on to make revising 'fun'. Or at least interesting.
Reply 598
Original post by EllieJelly96
Hellooo :smile:
Only just realised I can comment on this post, saw last years but was just a measly year 10.
I only have 10 weeks left of school :redface: and then various exams and then my prom on the 30th of June and I'm done forever. Feels gooooood. And scary.

Coming up I have an English Lit controlled assessment on Of Mice and Men (a few lessons in early March) and a Maths Resit (7th March).

Its all sinking in on how hard I'll to work from now but I just don't have any motivation to work :frown: I procrastinate so badly and its awful. Need help to get me into revising haha or if anyone has advice on to make revising 'fun'. Or at least interesting.

:lol: measly year 10.
What subjects you doing? :biggrin:

Original post by c3ntury
Also; one thousand posts! Yay!

Haha nice, but look at mine :colone:
Grr... my new computing c/a is so damn hard :frown:

Latest