The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loz17
So would I if I ever had the mathematical ability too. It's just logical

Yes, it makes much more sense anyway!!

Why is it Loz, that my comments always get unnecessarily negged? :L I don't understand lmao. I'm going to end up with red gems soon! :frown:

Wouldn't surprise me if this got negged too..
Original post by Loz17
Doing the whole of the maths A level first before starting Further maths is the way most centers do it these days. means you get all of the required background knowledge for all further maths modules well in advance, and with plenty of chance to perfect these skills. It makes sense really.

Original post by Loz17
So would I if I ever had the mathematical ability too. It's just logical

Well actually for Further Maths AS you can do any two applied modules which ordinarily could be done in A-Level Maths so that doesn't matter. And then the only compulsory module is FP1; and it has made so that it doesn't require any A2 Maths knowledge so it can easily be done in that way.
Original post by CharlieBoardman

Why is it Loz, that my comments always get unnecessarily negged? :L I don't understand lmao. I'm going to end up with red gems soon! :frown:

Red gems?
Original post by GreenLantern1
Well the modules yououtlined to me are the modules for maths AS and further maths AS.

If those are the modules you are doing then you are doing AS Maths and AS Further Maths.

Check out the last message I sent you, it was a quote from the college website. I may speak to somebody from the college tonight to clarify what modules we actually study :smile:
Check out the last message I sent you, it was a quote from the college website. I may speak to somebody from the college tonight to clarify what modules we actually study :smile:

I haven't got a message from you.
No more school :smile:
I haven't got a message from you.

I meant to say the most recent post directed towards you.

Red gems?

When your reputation gets <0.
Well actually for Further Maths AS you can do any two applied modules which ordinarily could be done in A-Level Maths so that doesn't matter. And then the only compulsory module is FP1; and it has made so that it doesn't require any A2 Maths knowledge so it can easily be done in that way.

I know that, but in the long term you're probably better doing all of the core modules 1st before starting any further maths modules so you'll have a more than necessary understanding of the concepts. I know FP1 is designed to be taken in line with AS maths, but I'm just saying I think it makes it easier :smile:

I don't know; someone's obviously got it in for you but the only way to see who's doing it is by subscribing.
Original post by Loz17

I don't know; someone's obviously got it in for you but the only way to see who's doing it is by subscribing.

I certainly seems that way! :frown: I've been thinking about subscribing actually! I may just do that over the weekend :smile:
Anyway, I'm off to watch the new American Pie movie at the cinema with my girlfriend - Romantic, I know! :P

Catch you all later :biggrin:
I certainly seems that way! :frown: I've been thinking about subscribing actually! I may just do that over the weekend :smile:

Warning though, it can make TSR more addictive so keep your exams in mind.

And don't knock those sorts of films. I went to watch the Avengers with my bf. Totally a romantic film!
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyway, I'm off to watch the new American Pie movie at the cinema with my girlfriend - Romantic, I know! :P

Catch you all later :biggrin:

Im watching that tomoz :smile:

This is amazing :biggrin: I love this song and this guy sings it amazingly (Especially the female part)!

ElMoro
:biggrin:

I thought you may like this :smile:
Reply 7533
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Im watching that tomoz :smile:

cool story bro.
Reply 7534
Original post by justanotherindigo
Hii people:biggrin:

Does anyone have any advice on exam skills on English Language (AQA)?
I desperately need help on this exam, thanks:smile:
x

I need help for this one too. I'm hopeless at creative writing!
Reply 7535
Original post by g.k.galloway
making a huge mindmap of all the poem annotations for aqa character and voice. i split it into 12 segments..only two more to go... its A2 paper and my hand now hurts.. a lot..! :smile:

I don't suppose there is anyway you could upload this is there?!

Original post by shyamshah
No more school :smile:

Scary stuff! I have 4 more days :\
" Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to wood house college. The college has been heavily over-subscribed this year and we have been unable to offer places to all the candidates whom we would like to take. We have now made our first round of offers and we regret that yours is not amongst them. We are, however, continuing to make offers as we get withdrawals and it is possible that your combination of subjects will become available in the next few weeks, so we would like to put your name on our waiting list.

If you wish us to consider you for the next appropriate place that becomes available please would you complete the enclosed form and return it to us by Friday 11Th May 2012. If you do not return the form, we will assume that you do not wish to be on our List.

In the meantime we hope that this is very important year goes well and wish you every success.

Your sincerely,
Ann-Marie Robinson + Carol Kirkland."

So I appear to have been rejected to an extent - no offers. However it mentions that it is possible for me to still get an offer for my subjects.(Maths, Physics, History, Economics/French) It says the deadline is 11Th may but when exactly will they call me/email me saying whether if there is a offer/rejection fully for me... it says "in the next few weeks". I only applied to 3 colleges. Wood house, Tiffins, St Dominic.

I have been rejected by Tiffins and I am on their waiting list(impossible IMHO)
St Dominic I have been rejected im not on their waiting list.
However since wood house is my last college I applied to and they were unable to give me an offer I don't know what exactly to do. Its May 4Th and majority of the colleges deadline and offers for August 2012 are gone. What do I do now?

I really desperately want to go into Wood House, My Grades are not that bad:
7As, 3Bs, 1C. -> GPA = 6.54545. I heard from my friend that his sister applied to wood house and she went onto the waiting list and she got a place there. However do you think I have a chance of getting in. Plzz !@@@ Im in the worst situation. If wood house college rejects me in their response in a few weeks time.... I don't know what to do as i wont have any other colleges i applied to. I don't want to apply to Sheat Colleges as it would ruin my reputation I.E CV + I don't want to take a GAP Year just Yet.

Whats the chances of me getting into woodhouse since im "Apparently" On their waiting list judging on my academia Predicted grades? Reply A.S.A.P
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
" Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to wood house college. The college has been heavily over-subscribed this year and we have been unable to offer places to all the candidates whom we would like to take. We have now made our first round of offers and we regret that yours is not amongst them. We are, however, continuing to make offers as we get withdrawals and it is possible that your combination of subjects will become available in the next few weeks, so we would like to put your name on our waiting list.

If you wish us to consider you for the next appropriate place that becomes available please would you complete the enclosed form and return it to us by Friday 11Th May 2012. If you do not return the form, we will assume that you do not wish to be on our List.

In the meantime we hope that this is very important year goes well and wish you every success.

Your sincerely,

So I appear to have been rejected to an extent - no offers. However it mentions that it is possible for me to still get an offer for my subjects.(Maths, Physics, History, Economics/French) It says the deadline is 11Th may but when exactly will they call me/email me saying whether if there is a offer/rejection fully for me... it says "in the next few weeks". I only applied to 3 colleges. Wood house, Tiffins, St Dominic.

However since wood house is my last college I applied to and they were unable to give me an offer I don't know what exactly to do. Its May 4Th and majority of the colleges deadline and offers for August 2012 are gone. What do I do now?

7As, 3Bs, 1C. -> GPA = 6.54545. I heard from my friend that his sister applied to wood house and she went onto the waiting list and she got a place there. However do you think I have a chance of getting in. Plzz !@@@ Im in the worst situation. If wood house college rejects me in their response in a few weeks time.... I don't know what to do as i wont have any other colleges i applied to. I don't want to apply to Sheat Colleges as it would ruin my reputation I.E CV + I don't want to take a GAP Year just Yet.

Whats the chances of me getting into woodhouse since im "Apparently" On their waiting list judging on my academia Predicted grades? Reply A.S.A.P

Those grades you state: 7As, 3Bs, 1C have you actually achieved them or are they predictions?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
" Dear Applicant,

Your sincerely,

Dont people who apply to Woodhouse have all A*-A with the odd B?
Edit: Im not sure if you stand that good of a chance. You're only 0.5 over the min requirements, and if they have high competition, they'll go with the best students - 7.0-8.0
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7539

Whoever's been negging you is in for it, hahahahaha. :rofl:

Latest