The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Is anyone here not getting study leave? I heard some schools aren't. My study leave starts May 12th :smile:
Original post by Paparazzo
I don't know yet :frown:

EDIT: When does your study leave start? (if you get it)

That was stupid of me! :colondollar:

And I can't remember the exact date but I have three days off school and a week end and my exams start after that :/ Something like May 9th. How about you?
Original post by iJess
Is anyone here not getting study leave? I heard some schools aren't. My study leave starts May 12th :smile:

We only get 3 days of it! :angry:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
That was stupid of me! :colondollar:

And I can't remember the exact date but I have three days off school and a week end and my exams start after that :/ Something like May 9th. How about you?

Original post by Paramore<3
Yeah, we finish on May 18 (so we have to do our first two exams when we're still 'in' school! :mad:)

Do you?

NO idea. :frown:
Legally, study leave isn't allowed.
Last year, schools would send off their 'not-so-good' students and not bother entering them for exams, essentially disowning them as soon as they could.

The government stop checking absences after the half term at the beginning of June, so we are allowed to leave then.

But yeah, if you lot are leaving during May then I'm surprised, I was told it was a national law.
Original post by iJess
Pandora I have to get a passport soon haha, I've never had one and my nana is taking me abroad soon, scary :frown:

Do you guys know any revision sites for science? I'm with aqa. Been given a foundation homework booklet and I can't even do it lol. Searched through the aqa revision book and the aqa work book, can't find anything I need at all

So it's not only me that's never been abroad then hehe. Going anywhere nice? :smile:

I'll have a look for some science stuff for you too. :smile:

Original post by c3ntury
Ah fair enough :smile:

And yeah, I'm fantastic thanks, for the first time in about 8 weeks I haven't done any work in an evening. Feeling much better from it, but now I figured I need to do something productive so I'm off to play badminton for a few hours hehe.

Great stuff! :smile: I hope you enjoy(ed) badminton! :biggrin:
@C3ntury are you applying for CS at UNIQ?
Original post by PrinceUpsb
Legally, study leave isn't allowed.
Last year, schools would send off their 'not-so-good' students and not bother entering them for exams, essentially disowning them as soon as they could.

The government stop checking absences after the half term at the beginning of June, so we are allowed to leave then.

But yeah, if you lot are leaving during May then I'm surprised, I was told it was a national law.

Wow. I never knew that! My study leave starts 9th May, because our exams start towards the end of May!
Reply 928
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
@C3ntury are you applying for CS at UNIQ?

If I get 5 A*'s I'll certainly give it a shot, will you?

Original post by Pandora.

I did, it's nice to have a workout when you've spent the whole day on your arse :tongue:
Original post by c3ntury
I did, it's nice to have a workout when you've spent the whole day on your arse :tongue:

:lol: I wish I could say the same! :biggrin:

I'm losing my motivation with guitar at the moment. I really want to get better but constant quick chord changes get very boring after a while... :tongue:
Reply 930
:lol: I wish I could say the same! :biggrin:

I'm losing my motivation with guitar at the moment. I really want to get better but constant quick chord changes get very boring after a while... :tongue:

Hmm, what kind of material are you playing? Once you learn your scales, basic chords you can then get into jazz and blues licks, and from there the world's your oyster :tongue:
Original post by c3ntury
Hmm, what kind of material are you playing? Once you learn your scales, basic chords you can then get into jazz and blues licks, and from there the world's your oyster :tongue:

Indeed it will be... when I free myself from TSR once and for all! :tongue: Nah, I'm kidding but I haven't been practicing at all for a few days.

I've got most of the basic chords down, just need to make sure I can switch between them easily enough (which I think I can do). I was doing well with barre chords until I stopped practicing for a little while and lost my touch, so I'm back to the drawing board. :biggrin: Scales after that I guess, but by the time I get to that level I might have a teacher. :teeth:

On a separate note, I've just noticed the song posted in the first post of this thread. I think this may be more appropriate...

Spoiler

Original post by c3ntury
If I get 5 A*'s I'll certainly give it a shot, will you?

Yeah, I will apply regardless of 5A*s, they don't really take that into consideration too much. Its about your performance in regards to your school's average. Moreover, about 40 people apply and 20 people get in, which is great as you can put it on your CV it will be priceless. For medicine its 600 applicants to 40 places.

What stuff are you going to put on your statement about why Computer Science?
Reply 933
So it's not only me that's never been abroad then hehe. Going anywhere nice? :smile:

I'll have a look for some science stuff for you too. :smile:

Thanks! And hopefully Benidorm! hehe :smile:
Reply 934
No study leave for me. :frown:
HELP PLEASE!
I am doing edexcel pe coursework and im pretty stuck. I have to talk about the way 4 different synoval joints move in 2 sports, can anyone help? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by alexanderrocks
HELP PLEASE!
I am doing edexcel pe coursework and im pretty stuck. I have to talk about the way 4 different synoval joints move in 2 sports, can anyone help? Thanks :biggrin:

I'd love to help but I don't do PE sorry. I will search around though. :smile:
Original post by Paparazzo
I'd love to help but I don't do PE sorry. I will search around though. :smile:

haha thank you but ive donw everything now :smile: now onto chemistry coursework bleaurgh :frown:
Can I join this thread? I promise I'm a 'Current Year 11' :smile:
Reply 939
Original post by matty123
No study leave for me. :frown:

None for me either :\
How do you all plan to revise for english lit & lang? I was thinking I might try to write an essay a week to improve exam technique but then I dont know who I would get to mark them (I dont think my english teacher would be too willing, she rarely even marks things she sets)

Latest