Original post by TheDizzeeKid

Absolute rofl at that gif....That has made my day :moon:

Oprah is a queen. :colone:
Original post by Paparazzo
Oprah is a queen. :colone:

Oprah....
Attachment not found
Does anybody have any good ways to revise/remember the french tenses?

I know them but can never quite remember them when needed. :frown:

Make songs out of them?
That's the way we were taught back in year 7 :L
Original post by x-Sophie-x
As do I. But with A level Further Maths, it's a whole new story.

I've got no idea because I haven't done it, but the people I know who have done it usually supplement it with Physics which apparently goes a long way in getting good marks in F.Maths.
I've got no idea because I haven't done it, but the people I know who have done it usually supplement it with Physics which apparently goes a long way in getting good marks in F.Maths.

No, doing Physics will in no way help with Further Maths AS. Further Maths isn't even what you would call 'normal' maths, and is actually really difficult. You need to have the mind for it, or you'll really struggle.

I've done 6 weeks of it so far, but I'm only going to do an AS in it.
No, doing Physics will in no way help with Further Maths AS. Further Maths isn't even what you would call 'normal' maths, and is actually really difficult. You need to have the mind for it, or you'll really struggle.

:K:

How come you've started it already? i thought you were just doing Maths not F.Maths right now..
So when exactly can our Current Year 12 thread start...? August? :colone:
Original post by GreenLantern1
Are you kidding me! In comparison to C1 and C2, C3 and C4 are much harder!!!!

I agree. C1 and C2 are actually not that bad but then c3 and c4 are much harder.

Are you kidding me? You really have no idea.

Firstly, doing Physics might or might not help with Further Maths simply due to your module choices. For AS Further Maths you have FP1 (pure module) and then 2 applied modules (of your choice - or probably your schools' choice). In the applied module you could do Mechanics, which if you do Physics, will be made really easy. Otherwise, it will have a minimal effect except for simply having done more maths (which is always advantageous).

Secondly, you stated that 'Further Maths isn't even what you would call 'normal' maths, and is actually really difficult'. The only way it couldn't be what you call 'normal' maths is that you are obviously unaware of complex numbers, thus this new imaginary number line would seem strange, yet, and I know this is being pedantic, you are saying Further Maths is 'abnormal' maths. And out of the 3 modules that you do for Further Maths AS are applied so these could have easily been done in normal A Level Maths, and surely are done by other students so it is the same difficulty as A Level Maths in that scenario.

Also, please do not deter people from doing it because it is 'really difficult' since, and I am sure any sixth formers who are doing/have done AS Further Maths will agree, the pure module- FP1 which is the only thing that makes AS Further Maths different to A Level Maths, is on par, in terms of difficult that is, with AS Pure modules so C2. If anything C3 and C4 are much harder than FP1. That is why a lot of people actually do AS Further Maths and AS Maths in year 12, and then A2 Maths and A2 Further Maths in year 13.

So, to anyone who is currently considering A Level Further Maths or at least AS Further Maths please do not be deterred by rumours that it is 'extremely difficult' or whatnot; yes it is hard but so is any A Level. If you are good at maths and enjoy it, then defnitely give it a go!:biggrin:

Supplementing Physics will help with Maths and Further Maths, generally because Physics is heavily maths based, so it is just a case of doing more maths and keeping up with it.

However, it will help considerably if you are to choose M1 in either A level Maths or Further Maths since a lot of Physics is really Mechanics and vice versa. Additionally, there will be a huge overlap between the two subjects which is always a good thing. If you go on to do M2,M3 etc. it will still help but much less so as the level of maths in physics won't quite be at the standard of the applied A2 Maths modules.

Hope that helped :biggrin:!
Are you kidding me? You really have no idea.

Firstly, doing Physics might or might not help with Further Maths simply due to your module choices. For AS Further Maths you have FP1 (pure module) and then 2 applied modules (of your choice - or probably your schools' choice). In the applied module you could do Mechanics, which if you do Physics, will be made really easy. Otherwise, it will have a minimal effect except for simply having done more maths (which is always advantageous).

Secondly, you stated that 'Further Maths isn't even what you would call 'normal' maths, and is actually really difficult'. The only way it couldn't be what you call 'normal' maths is that you are obviously unaware of complex numbers, thus this new imaginary number line would seem strange, yet, and I know this is being pedantic, you are saying Further Maths is 'abnormal' maths. And out of the 3 modules that you do for Further Maths AS are applied so these could have easily been done in normal A Level Maths, and surely are done by other students so it is the same difficulty as A Level Maths in that scenario.

Also, please do not deter people from doing it because it is 'really difficult' since, and I am sure any sixth formers who are doing/have done AS Further Maths will agree, the pure module- FP1 which is the only thing that makes AS Further Maths different to A Level Maths, is on par, in terms of difficult that is, with AS Pure modules so C2. If anything C3 and C4 are much harder than FP1. That is why a lot of people actually do AS Further Maths and AS Maths in year 12, and then A2 Maths and A2 Further Maths in year 13.

So, to anyone who is currently considering A Level Further Maths or at least AS Further Maths please do not be deterred by rumours that it is 'extremely difficult' or whatnot; yes it is hard but so is any A Level. If you are good at maths and enjoy it, then defnitely give it a go!:biggrin:

Lol you're not turning into one of those sado's on TSR who write like a page as a reply to someone's thread, are you? :tongue:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Lol you're not turning into one of those sado's on TSR who write like a page as a reply to someone's thread, are you? :tongue:

Hmmm... maybe I should use TSR less often lol.:colondollar:

Just annoys me though when people put others off subjects like Further Maths saying it is impossibly hard, when it is just as difficult as most respected subjects.
My French writing assessment went much better than the disastrous speaking module on Tuesday.

I am however concerned that I got my tenses mixed up. But it'll still be a lot better than the speaking mark. :smile:
Hmmm... maybe I should use TSR less often lol.:colondollar:

Just annoys me though when people put others off subjects like Further Maths saying it is impossibly hard, when it is just as difficult as most respected subjects.

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
Yr. 11 -_- Revising but procrastinating like no tomorrow! (Lil' pun there hehe).

I just need a B in English D: it's horrid I don't know why we do it!

Can't wait to do my A levels in Further Maths Bio and chem :3
I'm back :biggrin: Just did my french CA today! Wbu?
"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

Are you trying to negative rep me or positive rep me?
Original post by g.k.galloway
nearly the Easter Hols!!!! :smile:

:woo: Have you done all of your geography for unit 2?

Original post by Pandora.
:woo:

I've been converted by this thread. I think I'm going to make a revision timetable for Easter and stick to it. :biggrin:

Original post by c3ntury
Agreed, how many hours a day are you going to attempt? Out of interest :tongue:

Yeah I see making it is the easy part! Sticking to it...is another story! :lol:

Original post by Sheel1
neg rate me!! I want a row of reds so i can be awwessome :tongue:

The people who pos rate me, you don't want me to be awesome :'(

You wish you could be me :colone: :rofl:

Latest