The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElMoro
Been going through his first two albums. His voice is just amazing :biggrin: :biggrin:

Definitely! Though, I have only heard roughly 1 or 2 other songs of his
Reply 1921
Original post by Pandora.
Sounds good - good luck! :smile:
Do you ever perform at school events etc? Just out of interest - anyone vaguely musical seems to be pushed to sing/play in assemblies and special evenings at my school. :lol:

They've asked but I've always politely declined. It's not for me :tongue:
What is everyones target revision in the holidays? I'm thinking 3-4 hours a day of revision would be sufficient.
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
What is everyones target revision in the holidays? I'm thinking 3-4 hours a day of revision would be sufficient.

Same as you. I'll get it sorted tomorrow.... or whenever... :tongue:

yeh ish... got art cw to do also

going to start on monday - this weekend is my calm down period lol
Reply 1925
Around 4 hours a day. This 2 weeks holiday has come in handy really, giving me time to catch up and revise before my exams start
Original post by Paparazzo
oh yh!

IM ONTO YOU!

Oh yhhhh!!! well:

I WIN!

Original post by blueray
You wish you could be me :colone: :rofl:

Sorry for whom ever posted this, i don't know you ^^ joke i will edit this soon with the name

Oh yh i did the geography unit 2 ( Volcanoes right )

In the coursework i got a A* doing the test in may
(edited 12 years ago)

I don't know how long I will spend on revision each day but I am just going to do 2 topics per day of the same subject.

So like Chemistry our exam is C4C5C6; so I will make notes for C4 and C5 one day.

Mye entire Easter will just be note making. Then I can learn notes off by heart and do past papers from then up until the exams.

I reckon it would be about 4 hours a day though; don't think I have the willpower to do any more than that.
Time to get revising everyone.

If anyone has a questions. Fell free to ask. Lets help each other so we get A*s :biggrin:

i'm hoping to get around 5 hours done every day but sundays when i'll do 2 hours. shouldn't be too hard.

btw if anyone has an iphone, MyStudyPlan's a good app to make a timetable on :smile:
Reply 1930
It's nice to see people using this holiday to their advantage.

PS: Hi, I'm new.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Cubic
It's nice to see people using this holiday to their advantage.

PS: Hi, I'm new.

Hey Cubic! Are you going to be revising this Easter as well?
Reply 1932
Original post by GreenLantern1
Hey Cubic! Are you going to be revising this Easter as well?

Hopefully! I'm just not sure where to start, there seems to be so much content to go over and I have no experience with revision either.

I don't want to look back and think that I could have done better, so I'll try my best and stop being lazy.

Are you feeling confident about these exams? I'm not at the moment, but I think that good preparation will help to steady my nerves.
Original post by Cubic
Hopefully! I'm just not sure where to start, there seems to be so much content to go over and I have no experience with revision either.

I don't want to look back and think that I could have done better, so I'll try my best and stop being lazy.

Are you feeling confident about these exams? I'm not at the moment, but I think that good preparation will help to steady my nerves.

I'm feeling pretty confident. The only exams I am worried about are Geography and English Lit. Mainly, English Lit becuase I don't know how to go about revising that and Geography becuase of the sheer amount of content for that one subject!
Reply 1934
I wonder if your Geography is similar to mine, our test will be about population change, globalisation and tourism. Fortunately, it's only worth 37.5% of the final grade.
Original post by Cubic
I wonder if your Geography is similar to mine, our test will be about population change, globalisation and tourism. Fortunately, it's only worth 37.5% of the final grade.

Yes we are doing AQA A too, and have chosen the exact same topics as you for the Human Paper. Are you doing the Physical paper as well or did you do that last year?
Original post by Cubic

Btw quote me next time or I may not respond. Fortunatley, this time I was on the thread.
Reply 1937
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yes we are doing AQA A too, and have chosen the exact same topics as you for the Human Paper. Are you doing the Physical paper as well or did you do that last year?

We did the physical paper last year. Our topics were Rocks, resources and scenery, the coastal zone and the restless earth.

Do you have to do them both this year? That's nasty.
Original post by Cubic
We did the physical paper last year. Our topics were Rocks, resources and scenery, the coastal zone and the restless earth.

Do you have to do them both this year? That's nasty.

Hi Cubic :biggrin:
I've got the decision making one and the people and planet one. :smile:
Original post by Cubic

I'm doing this, but I also am resitting last years exam, The Restless Earth, Living World, and Water on the Land...

Really struggling to remember everything :[

Latest