The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hi all,
I'm brand new to TSR so do please bare with if I do something stupid like post this is the wrong place!
I'm in year 11 currently and choosing my A level options- I want to go on to do a degree in either Maths or a science. I was just wondering if someone would be so kind as to take a quick look at my current a level options and let me know what they think of them, I'm going to get pretty much all A's at GCSE and hopefully similarly good grades at A level- thank you so much, my options are:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Government and Politics
Reply 1
The first 4 are great. Do you have to do 5? i'd just do the first 4 if i was you
Reply 2
Yeah, the fifth one seems a little unnecessary, especially if you're looking for a maths/science degree. Gov Pol is interesting but i think with those other 4 there's not really a need for it.
Reply 3
Thanks so much :smile: I have also had in mind that I might drop Gov Pol at AS if it's too much for me
Reply 4
Why government and politics? why not do a language or another science? or possibly english to help with fluency of writing?
Reply 5
Do biology instead of physics, it has more openings. And if your doing maths and further maths then you wont actually need physics

Quick Reply

Latest