The Student Room Group

Scottish Art Applicants

Just thought I would start a thread for those who have applied for art school in Scotland.

I have applied for Edinburgh general year, Edinburgh Masters, Glasgow for painting and printmaking, Dundee for the general year and Grays for painting and printmaking.

So what did you all apply for? Has anyone heard back from any?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ECA general year, ECA second year entry for Photography, GSA Photography and Napier Film & Photography. Haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 2
Ah cool. I've heard Edinburgh/Glasgow are going to give interviews around the start of March.
Reply 3
Thanks. I absolutely hate waiting!
Reply 4
BTW do you know which is the best art school in Scotland for Photography?
Reply 5
Emmm I really don't know :P I think Glasgow and Edinburgh are the only ones in Scotland who do Photography as a course on its own because I know Dundee does photography but its part of a course where you do film making and things like that! So maybe that suggests Edin/Glas are best?
Reply 6
I've applied for p+p at ECA, plus the 5 year MA in fine art, and then for both p+p and sculpture and environmental at GSA - not heard anything yet.
They said interviews would either be dec or feb/march - do you know anyone who applied before christmas and had their interview already?
Applied for Painting and Printmaking at GSA, Painting at ECA and Fine Art for DJCAD, heard nothing back from any yet..
Reply 8
Original post by kmorgan
I've applied for p+p at ECA, plus the 5 year MA in fine art, and then for both p+p and sculpture and environmental at GSA - not heard anything yet.
They said interviews would either be dec or feb/march - do you know anyone who applied before christmas and had their interview already?

Nope! I haven't heard of anyone getting any interviews for any Scottish art schools who have applied for the fine art courses! It is so nerve racking! I guess its just such a long process with all the mini portfolios, statements etc to go through.
Original post by Ailieo15
Nope! I haven't heard of anyone getting any interviews for any Scottish art schools who have applied for the fine art courses! It is so nerve racking! I guess its just such a long process with all the mini portfolios, statements etc to go through.

They'll be quite a long time. Offers often aren't until Easter or sometimes even later. My son got his from ECA on May 7th a couple of years ago. It's a tough time for you all, I'm afraid.
Reply 10
Original post by carnationlilyrose
They'll be quite a long time. Offers often aren't until Easter or sometimes even later. My son got his from ECA on May 7th a couple of years ago. It's a tough time for you all, I'm afraid.

Oh damn! Thanks for this.
Did your son study photography by any chance? I'm trying to get as much first-hand info as possible, constantly bothering poor TSR members. :biggrin:
Original post by Senika
Oh damn! Thanks for this.
Did your son study photography by any chance? I'm trying to get as much first-hand info as possible, bothering unknown TSR members. :biggrin:

No, he's doing painting. Sorry. Feel free to bother if there's anything I might know. I can always ask him. They have lovely studios overlooking Edinburgh Castle. I'm so jealous.
Reply 12
just got an interview for GSA Textiles!! excited but scared :smile: any advice ? not had an interview yet.. :/
Reply 13
Original post by EilzMac
just got an interview for GSA Textiles!! excited but scared :smile: any advice ? not had an interview yet.. :/

Ace! Well done :smile: When is your interview? Advice.. I guess just be enthusiastic about your work and have things to say about your work/inspiration! Do you know if it is individual interviews or like a group interview?
Reply 14
Original post by Ailieo15
Ace! Well done :smile: When is your interview? Advice.. I guess just be enthusiastic about your work and have things to say about your work/inspiration! Do you know if it is individual interviews or like a group interview?

1st March :smile:
cool, thanks! im pretty sure its an individual :/ but yea ill give it my best shot!!
totally didnt expect it xD not very experienced in Textiles AT ALL.
Original post by EilzMac
1st March :smile:
cool, thanks! im pretty sure its an individual :/ but yea ill give it my best shot!!
totally didnt expect it xD not very experienced in Textiles AT ALL.

congrats on ur interview, mine's on wednesday and even though ive had like 4 interviews now im so nervous and keep on rearranging my portfolio, are you takng everything that was in ur digital portfolio, i'm not sure some of the drawings i included will stand up to close scrutiny.
Reply 16
Are you both guys currently living in Scotland? :smile:
nope, i live in london, not looking forward to 5hrs eachway on a train next to a stranger and an a2 portfolio getting in everyones way :/
Reply 18
Original post by Senika
Are you both guys currently living in Scotland? :smile:

Yep, I live in Aberdeen. What about you?
Reply 19
i live just outside edinburgh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest