The Student Room Group

PhD Funding Scottish History/Museums

Can anyone give me some advice on finding funding for a PhD at a Scottish university in namely Scottish History, Art History and/or Museum Studies? I have found a few but it appears most have closed already. Any help is very appreciated! Thank you!
Reply 1
You could always apply to SGSAH next year for the DTP competition. It's a long, drawn-out process, so having a year to work up your application definitely wouldn't be a bad thing- I contacted my supervisor in September of 2023 and the application went through months of revisions before being submitted in Feb. And it still felt like I could have used more time!!

I think SGSAH will also advertise some CDA projects in the next few months so you could keep an eye on those and see if any appeal to you :smile:
Original post by izzy1678
You could always apply to SGSAH next year for the DTP competition. It's a long, drawn-out process, so having a year to work up your application definitely wouldn't be a bad thing- I contacted my supervisor in September of 2023 and the application went through months of revisions before being submitted in Feb. And it still felt like I could have used more time!!
I think SGSAH will also advertise some CDA projects in the next few months so you could keep an eye on those and see if any appeal to you :smile:

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending