Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Accommodation Thread for Entry 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Anybody in John Burnett House? :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Moldwarp
Got the offer email but no idea how i'm meant to log on here, https://www.ease.ed.ac.uk any help?

Do you know your matriculation number? I think that should be your username unless the system has changed. It probably starts s12. Also, have you registered with EASE yet? I can't remember if you had to do that earlier on or not.

Original post by wollygoggles
I've accepted a place at James Craig Court and think I may have made a triumphant blunder.

I was offered one of the studio apartments. How am I going to mix with people if I'm not sharing with anyone? :frown:

You'll have plenty of opportunities to mix with people out of your accommodation as there are endless societies where you can meet all sorts of people and you'll be thrown together with people in your tutorials and lectures too. I understand why you're worried about being in a studio but don't forget that there will be others in your accommodation in exactly the same situation and they will want to mix too. If you knock on doors in the first few days then you'll get to know the people around you. Everyone is in the same situation so you won't be the only one looking to make friends :smile:.

Original post by quirkel
Living in Warrender Park Crescent, I think i'm in Flat ..., slightly confused. Anyone else in same place? Message me

I'd edit out your flat/building number as this is a publicly searchable forum.

Original post by sillehcaptcha
Anyone at South Clerk street?
still deciding whether to accept since it's nothing like my first choice, Hermit's Croft and it's on a main street (wondering why I put it down anyway) >.<

I lived just up the road from South Clerk Street this year so I'll give you a bit more information about the area. There is quite a lot of bus/traffic noise but it's not too bad at night as there are only a few pubs on the street. I felt safe walking up and down the street even when it was dark (although you still have to take the normal city precautions). There are loads of shops nearby so it's very convenient for food shopping, stationary etc. Buses in and out of the city run along this street so it's perfect for travelling around. You'll probably have double glazed windows so noise won't be quite as big an issue for you. I only had single glazing and most of the time it was fine with the windows closed. You get used to the background noise quite quickly. Ambulances go down the road quite often as there are a few hospitals in the area, so don't be alarmed if you hear a lot of sirens. The meadows are just around the corner and it's quite a quick walk to George Square. Also, I'd advise that you edit out the flat number as anyone on the internet will be able to see it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 782
Original post by spectator1993
Anybody in John Burnett House? :smile:

Hey! First John Burnett resident I saw on this thread. Although I just started following so may have missed a few.

What made you decide btw?
Reply 783
I have applied for the Chalmers Street in May and they have sent me a confirmation by email right after that. However, when I logged into the MyED yesterday, it said in the accommodation application status that I had either not applied for, or rejected my offer of accomodation. So i am wondering if this is normal or i had missed out something to do. What should I do now? [h="2"]
i had no offers this year until edinburgh contacted me on results day so ive only just applied for accommodation (meadow court, warrender park road, south clerk street if anyones interested :tongue:) how long do you think it'll be until i find out where they're sticking me?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 786
Original post by anf1892
I have applied for the Chalmers Street in May and they have sent me a confirmation by email right after that. However, when I logged into the MyED yesterday, it said in the accommodation application status that I had either not applied for, or rejected my offer of accomodation. So i am wondering if this is normal or i had missed out something to do. What should I do now? [h="2"]

I think that's normal, I had that too but was offered accommodation last week :smile:
Reply 787
Original post by i_hate_ucas
i had no offers this year until edinburgh contacted me on results day so ive only just applied for accommodation (meadow court, warrender park road, south clerk street if anyones interested :tongue:) how long do you think it'll be until i find out where they're sticking me?

Mine took about 3 weeks, but yours might come quicker since it's mid august already...

BTW, anyone in Warrender Park Road? :smile:
Original post by dizzeedollee
How much leeway do we actually have when it comes to accommodation offers? I know they say that you've got to take what you get but I'm sure I read earlier on in this thread that somebody was allocated a room in a building that was on their old application, they spoke to accommodation services and subsequently got it changed to a building that was on their new application? Obviously now more students have UC offers and spaces will be tight but I was just wondering :smile:

That was me! But yeah, it'll probably be different situation now - I was an Unconditional Firm-er since April, so I was in the first batch of people to find out their accommodation, and obviously they had allocated a lot fewer people back then so there was more leeway. Plus, I had a more practical reason to move (i.e. I need certain facilities for my course and wanted to be close to them, whereas I was a bit of a trek away before). I know nearlyheadlessian already answered you, but I just wanted to let you know why it was possible in my situation - just for future reference.
Original post by blahmarie
Mine took about 3 weeks, but yours might come quicker since it's mid august already...

thanks! i hope its a little quicker hahaha ill tell you if i end up there!
Reply 790
Original post by Mel'o
I got a place in Holland House too! Are yours ensuite & single?

Yep, Block B, you?
Original post by py16
Hey! First John Burnett resident I saw on this thread. Although I just started following so may have missed a few.

What made you decide btw?

Hello! From the pictures I saw it looked pretty nice, so I applied for Chancellor's Court and John Burnett House and got allocated in JBH a couple of days ago. It looks pretty cool!

What about you?
I just wondered if anyone has any idea what 5 South College Street is like?!
Original post by blahmarie

Hello, got my offer for 102 Warrender Park Road today, are you 102 or 108? :smile:
Reply 794
Original post by oxymoronic
Does that start with s12xxxxx?
If so, that will be your matric number when you come to Edinburgh. It will form part of your uni email address, will be your exam number and quite literally everything you ever do in terms of admin will be related to that matric number. Everyone has them related to their year of entry, so I was s06xxxxx as I started in 2006.

How exactly do you find out your matriculation number? Cos I don't know mine and I need it to find out about my accommodation offer
Reply 795
Warrender Park Cresent? :smile:
Original post by edaly8
Warrender Park Cresent? :smile:

Me too :smile: PM me if you like, I'd quite like to find people in my flat :tongue:
Original post by nic_161193
Got a 12 person flat at kincaid's court :smile: happy with that :biggrin:

Same here,
Which flat are you in?
Original post by thenumber2goose
I just got an offer for Lee House, it wasn't one of my preferences but hey ho :smile:

I've got an offer for Lee House too!
Original post by LaEstrella
I've got an offer for Lee House too!

Me three!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending