The Student Room Group

What A levels do i take to become a Physiotherapist or Secondary School P.e Teacher?

Hello, im currently in Year 11 and have my Sixth form interview coming up and im wondering what A levels should I take. I want to be either a Physiotherapist or a Secondary School P.e Teacher. Im thinking of taking:

Sport and Exercise Science (BTEC)
Biology (A Level)
Psychology (A level)
ICT (BTEC)

I was wondering what choices you think would be best for my career options and if anyone does any of the courses above what you do you think of them e.g. the difficulty.

Thank you in advance for any answers :biggrin:
I'm no expert in the field you're interested in, but your choices look good, apart from ICT, which in my opinion doesn't seem to have as much relevance as the others - what are your reasons behind taking the ICT BTEC? Maybe consider swapping it for another A-level, such as Maths, which is more relevant, would compliment your other subjects and strengthen your application? :smile:
can you do the sports science A level? it would probably look better

also contact uni's and see if they accept biology and sports science together as from what I understand some uni's don't as there is a lot of crossover.
Reply 3
The reason i took ICT as there was no other choices i really enjoyed or i think i could get a good grade in. do you think its a bad move? And no the only p.e course they do is the btec otherwise i would of took A level.

Thanks for the answers! :smile:
Original post by Aiden1996
Hello, im currently in Year 11 and have my Sixth form interview coming up and im wondering what A levels should I take. I want to be either a Physiotherapist or a Secondary School P.e Teacher. Im thinking of taking:

Sport and Exercise Science (BTEC)
Biology (A Level)
Psychology (A level)
ICT (BTEC)

I was wondering what choices you think would be best for my career options and if anyone does any of the courses above what you do you think of them e.g. the difficulty.

Thank you in advance for any answers :biggrin:

It's the degree that you get that matters.
Reply 5
Look at a handful of uni's and see what A levels you need to do a degree in the subject. If you want to be a secondary school teacher then you will need to do a PGCE after that.
Reply 6
You have an interesting mix of subjects there.

As the above says, look at a few well ranked universities that offer the degree of your interest that you will need to do for your career. Entry requirements for these degrees will give you a good idea of what you need to take.
I'm not knowledgeable on your interests specifically but as a general rule good grades in 3-4 strong A-levels, i.e. Maths, Physics, English, Chemistry, History, Biology etc. will put you in good stead for a strong degree at a good university.
Reply 7
-PE/ sports coaching( edit: that sports science thing looks perfect)
-Biology(preferable Human Biology)
-Psychology
-subject of ur choice

that would prob be ur best bet for pe teacher/ physio. also would recomend geting some work experience but its not needed
Reply 8
Why do people always say psychology? It has nothing to do with sports or physiotherapy?
Reply 9
Biology
Chemistry
PE
Maths
Original post by Oaktree
Biology
Chemistry
PE
Maths

This would be a great combination^. But if you really don't want to do those, then don't limit yourself.

Also, try not to wholly decide on your profession just yet. I changed my decisions every minute. I went from wanting to be a banker, to an actuary, to an economist, to an author, to a journalist, to a translator, to an interpreter, and now, I'm just going with the flow and keeping my options open. How do I keep my options open? Well, I took broad subjects that would let me do anything I would want to in the future, such as: English Literature, History, Spanish, French, Religious Studies and Politics. I can, as a result, go on to become an economist, an author, a journalist, a translator or an interpreter.

If I were you, I would take things like: Biology, Psychology, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Computing and others which are quite open to anything.

Good luck. :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending