The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex or York for Business Management as Insurance Choice on UCAS

Poll

Which one would you choose for business management?

Hi,
I have offers for the University of Sussex and the University of York and I need to choose one of them as my insurance choice. They both ask for 35 points (I'm doing the IB), but Sussex has a subject requirement of 5 in Economics. I visited both of them and liked them both very much, however I can only choose one. Also, do these universities have a record of accepting people with lower grades than their conditional offers in the event that I miss it by a point or two.
Please give me your thoughts.
Thanks!
I'm in the exact same position but for Philosophy. I am 90% sure that I'll choose Sussex, simply because I love Brighton and already live in the south of England so it won't be as far from home. I also felt that everybody there seemed extremely enthusiastic and to genuinely love what they were doing. I think Sussex would be more likely to still accept you if you missed a point or so (providing they aren't too oversubscribed).
(edited 12 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
I'd go for Sussex (biased just a bit). Last year my friend was accepted with one grade below her tariff, so they do offer some room for maneuver. Brighton is a far more vibrant place in comparison to York, and though York has higher prestige, Sussex isn't far behind as a fellow 1994 group member.

I fell completely in love with Sussex to the extent that i rejected Sheffield for it. The campus, the city and the people all just seem perfect and I can't wait to get started :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending