The Student Room Group

Unpopular Football Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Tommyjw
Goals per reason
17-19-23-18-20-34-16-21 (so far)

Hardly 'inconsistent'.

Plus He is a better striker than a few you mentioned, and is a better player overall than most of them.

How is Suarez on a different league haha? Deary me.

Ok, I rescind my argument. You actually proved me wrong to be honest. No point arguing on TSR :biggrin:
Reply 181
Original post by Femto
Ok, I rescind my argument. You actually proved me wrong to be honest. No point arguing on TSR :biggrin:

To be fair Rooney is inconsistent when you look at week per week, or month per month, but i dont always think thats the fairest way to look at it :P

Suarez was good at Ajax, Just dont think hes cut it at Liverpool yet
Reply 182
Nobody agrees with me on how bad carrick and fletcher are ... :/
Reply 183
Original post by FiGuev

Fletcher is Man United's best player...
Reply 184
Original post by FiGuev

Because they aren't '****'.

Original post by Jordan_1
Fletcher is Man United's best player...

Wut? no.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by Tommyjw
To be fair Rooney is inconsistent when you look at week per week, or month per month, but i dont always think thats the fairest way to look at it :P

Suarez was good at Ajax, Just dont think hes cut it at Liverpool yet

Yeah, I think that's what I was trying to get at. But overall, as you've shown, he is a pretty valuable asset.

I just don't like Suarez so, yeah.
Original post by Xenite
Yann Kermogant deserved a second chance with the Foxes...:shiftyrun:

That he did. The penalty may have been poor, but he did show glimpses of talent that season and would have been a better option than Howard last season and this season.
Reply 187
Carrick has got to be one of the worst players in man united atm
Emile Heskey has scored 151 goals in his career and should be shown greater respect accordingly.
Referees do in fact know what they're doing, and get (I'd estimate) about 99% of their decisions right.

Fans and pundits would do well to actually read the Laws every so often!
Original post by FiGuev
Carrick has got to be one of the worst players in man united atm

Carrick is one of the best players in the Premier League, NQAT.

I've always been a big fan of him even during the couple of seasons he was below par and now he's back to his sparkling best and proving me right every week!
Reply 191
Original post by Pn94
Pfttt.

You never fail to reach new levels of ****e.

Quoting statistics means im saying ****?

Alright, whatever you say.

Simple fact
Suarez has been poor at Liverpool in comparison to his time at Ajax. No need to dispute it. Its fact. No need to go all crazy deluded Liverpool fan on it, no need to call me a WUM about it like usual, it is fact.
Thierry Henry is finished at this level and should never have returned

He also should shave off his beard
I don't rate Rooney as world class and think he will never lead England.

I think technology should be brought in now.

I think FIFA should simply be replaced by a new organisation that isn't corrupt and utterly useless. The whole of football would be better off if everyone ignored FIFA and used common sense. Football is the worst run sport in the world.

I don't agree that the only way to play football is the barca/spain way of passing the ball back and forth near the half way line. People may marvel at the skill it takes to pass and maintain possession and I agree- it is impressive- but my god were Spain boring the year they won the WC.

I agree that the Bundesliga is more exciting to watch as a neutral and that watching Madrid/Barca thump atrocious teams by 5 gets boring.

I don't think 'Arry will be successful as England manager as he will be tactically outclassed. I do however think the players will play better under him so he is a better choice than Capello.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 194
Original post by Tommyjw

Simple fact
Suarez has been poor at Liverpool in comparison to his time at Ajax. No need to dispute it. Its fact. No need to go all crazy deluded Liverpool fan on it, no need to call me a WUM about it like usual, it is fact.

Why backtrack on your original comments? You said he's been **** & hasn't cut it.

If you really believe that, you're clueless. I'm hoping you were just wumming as usual.

He's been fantastic for us, albeit not very clinical.
Original post by Tommyjw

Simple fact

-It's a much harder standard of league.

-He's playing in a team that is not as good in England as Ajax are in Holland.

-He plays a completely different role for Liverpool.

And as much as you love Rooney and hate Suarez if you can't admit that on the international scene Suarez been fantastic and has **** all over Rooney in the last 2-3 years then I'll be speechless.
Reply 196
Heskey is the best striker in the world. He is just misunderstood most of the time.
Reply 197
My unpopular opinion would be that La Liga is crap to watch.
Reply 198
Original post by Pn94
Why backtrack on your original comments? You said he's been **** & hasn't cut it.

If you really believe that, you're clueless. I'm hoping you were just wumming as usual.

He's been fantastic for us, albeit not very clinical.

Not backtracking at all. You have been questioning before i made the statement he was ****. Not my problem you are so up his ass you ignore facts.

Im clueless for looking at facts? Alright.

He left ajax with time of getting a goal after two games, and the season where he had a goal a game (and a little more). Simples
Original post by Pn94
My unpopular opinion would be that La Liga is crap to watch.

I dont think thats an unpopular opinion. Most people agree that La Liga is rubbish apart from El Clasico.

Quick Reply

Latest