The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Failed exam in final year

Guys help please.I failed an exam in final year with 36. However i have extenuating circumstances,which i dont really want to go into. Any idea what the uni might do?
Thanks
Reply 1
Let you resit without capping you if they accept them. I think so anyway, I've got EC's myself but haven't heard anything yet.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
HEy i thought there were no resits in final year? Are u final year?
Reply 3
Original post by hernandez
Guys help please.I failed an exam in final year with 36. However i have extenuating circumstances,which i dont really want to go into. Any idea what the uni might do?
Thanks

Speak to your tutor
Go to your subject teacher
Think about a resit
Focus on other papers
Reply 4

No, I'm second year. I always thought there were resits but they'd be at the same time as referred exams but without the 40% cap if EC's are accepted. If not then I think they might condone the module at a lower mark than they would usually.

They might let you have a compensated pass as long as it doesn't happen in loads of modules.

Otherwise this happened to some of my friends (I graduated last year) they make you retake that 1 module next year but it is capped at 40.
Reply 6
Original post by Kim-x
No, I'm second year. I always thought there were resits but they'd be at the same time as referred exams but without the 40% cap if EC's are accepted. If not then I think they might condone the module at a lower mark than they would usually.

Hey, have you gotten your second year results back yet? What did you get?
Reply 7
]
Original post by 0906079
Hey, have you gotten your second year results back yet? What did you get?

Hi, yes, got my results back last year and was and still am unsatisfied with them. I passed everything, although I got lower than I should have got in a lot of the modules. They won't tell me whether my EC's were accepted, as apparently it's "confidential." All they will do if they were accepted is upgrade my classification at the end if it is borderline

I got 66% average for the year, down from 80 in Year 1.

Quick Reply

Latest