The Student Room Group

Failure

Would a university tell you if you were going to fail, they said they’d send my grades to the board in September?
Reply 1
Original post by Nicholas33
Would a university tell you if you were going to fail, they said they’d send my grades to the board in September

This depends on several factors:

Are you final year?
Did you defer your exams?
When did you do your exams?

Usually after an exam, especially final year, you get no notification of how it went until you receive your results, and that is more true in final year because results have to go through ratification (the board) and be discussed if you are entitled to any consideration. The fact they said they’d send them to the board in September is likely because that’s all the can tell you, they can’t promise you a grade and then you dont get it as this violates the no detriment policy that many universities subscribe to.
Reply 2
Hi, I’m in my final year, and I took mitigating circumstances and I felt this was the best thing to do, i failed a module, so i asked if there was a problem so I the course leader said no so I’m guessing it’s ok! I just didn’t know I’m just stressing a bit cus it seems to be never ending, my supervisor and lecturer said I can relax but I can’t really, I’ll know soon I guess it’s just stressful. I guess that’s all they can say l, but I’d like to put my mind at ease and enjoy the summer

(Original post by Leolevi47)
This depends on several factors:

Are you final year?

Usually after an exam, especially final year, you get no notification of how it went until you receive your results, and that is more true in final year because results have to go through ratification (the board) and be discussed if you are entitled to any consideration. The fact they said they’d send them to the board in September is likely because that’s all the can tell you, they can’t promise you a grade and then you dont get it as this violates the no detriment policy that many universities subscribe to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending