The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi you.

We were friends to start with, and then after a couple of months of fighting the urges it happened.
Our relationship blossomed and we were together almost 7 years. It ended quite suddenly in my eyes.
But you inform me now how much you have moved on. I wish we were friends at a distance, able to talk about our days.
I have no reason to hold you back anymore or be with whoever.
I wish you all the best. I do miss you terribly, but realise it has to be like this because things happened that tore us apart together.
I love you, I always will. But we both need to move on, and be happy for the other with whatever we do.
Thinking of you, and know you were my best friend ever and noone will score higher, aside one other person in my life.
I am distancing myself from the ones that affected us, and they are slowly realising I think. Thank god. They're not good for me.
Take care my friend, my soul mate, my ex lover.
Till we meet again at a proper goodbye. It will be nice to see you and smile with words of future and promise.
I am thinking of you always but moving on is our focus and thats whats for the best to us both for now.
Dear You,
Well where do I start? :unsure:
Lately I feel so outta place, so alone and definitely a very long distance away from you, not just miles but in the sense of it's like we don't even know each other anymore and when we do talk, it doesn't really seem like you ever want to. It makes me feel crap tbh.
So it hasn't been the great start we could of had of knowing each other, you soon let somebody mess it up, we were getting on great and just enjoying talking and hanging out until you let her change all that. Then you kept messing me around. I bet you'll be a typical boy and say you wasn't, but you was and you need to realise that.
I have told you enough times I like you and I'm pretty sure I have proved it in many ways too. You have only ever told me once you like me, well the only one I had believed. The other couple of times after, sure have had nothing behind them to make me believe you.

I just wish we could start again and get back to how we used to be :frown:.

Love Me.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear You,
Well where do I start? :unsure:
Lately I feel so outta place, so alone and definitely a very long distance away from you, not just miles but in the sense of it's like we don't even know each other anymore and when we do talk, it doesn't really seem like you ever want to. It makes me feel crap tbh.
So it hasn't been the great start we could of had of knowing each other, you soon let somebody mess it up, we were getting on great and just enjoying talking and hanging out until you let her change all that. Then you kept messing me around. I bet you'll be a typical boy and say you wasn't, but you was and you need to realise that.
I have told you enough times I like you and I'm pretty sure I have proved it in many ways too. You have only ever told me once you like me, well the only one I had believed. The other couple of times after, sure have had nothing behind them to make me believe you.

I just wish we could start again and get back to how we used to be :frown:.

Love Me.

I forgot to add this..

There are a few flaws about you that I just don't like, but I could learn to live with I guess. The flaws being; You never reply the next morning to a text that I sent just before/after you fell asleep. Infact you don't even text me until I text you (which makes me so sure that you don't even wanna talk to me and nor do I cross your mind :frown:).
Your biggest flaw being how you let somebody else's words change your mind and feelings on something. You should be living for you, do what makes you happy and don't change what you feel just because somebody doesn't accept them!
Those are the main 2..

One more thing that has upset + confused me is how you said you wasn't ready and could not be bothered with a relationship. So you hid your dating profile, only for a couple days later to of unhid it again. Now this wouldn't bother me if only you told me you don't fancy me and whatnot, instead of lying to me, keeping my hopes up and then dashing them due to a stupid lie.

:mad:
Dear you,

You sexy beast! If I was gay I would **** you raw. I love you so much, I really do wish I was gay when I catch a glimpse of your eyes, your blue/grey eyes...

Yours sincerely,
Me.

PS. Gotta love the mirror.
Dear You,

When you told me you love me, you made me so, so happy. It's all I've wanted to hear for ages. I love you too.

Problem is, you love her more than me.

And that breaks me, it really hurts.

Because I love you more than anyone. I want us to be together but as long as you're with her, I'm just second best. I don't want us to stop doing this, and I know that makes me a bad person. I just want so much more than just being your bit-on-the-side.

Love, me.
Dear you,

I am head over ****ing heels. I can't believe my luck. And it seriously blows my mind that you think you're lucky to be with me. I mean, I'm ok, in a goofy sort of way but everyone LOVES you. You're handsome and charming and funny and such a good person and everytime you **** me it blows my mind. My first relationship was a good one. He was good for me, and most of the time I was happy. But even at the start, we had some serious ups and downs and I had to overlook some flaws because the good qualities outweighed the bad. But this... is completely effortless. Like you said, everything fits. There is not a single thing about you or our relationship that I would contemplate changing. You are perfect to me. And you're never going to see this, but I know you know how I feel. I love you.

Love, me.
Dear you,

Why did you tell me you didn't want a relationship because you're finishing uni in 2 months, and then go and get another girlfriend?

Man up and tell the truth next time.

Sincerely,

Me.
Dear You,

I'm not sure what's going on with us. We were doing fine in this casual physical relationship and then all of a sudden you change the way you look at and touch me and I feel... strange.

I miss you when you leave and you kiss me far more often.

I know I can't express my emotions too easily and neither can you but something is not being said here...

Love Me
Dear You,

I just don't understand why you stopped talking to me out of the blue. Even when I've just said 'hi' on facebook, you've completely blanked me as if I didn't exist. I wished you a harmless 'happy birthday' on facebook; you didn't even make the effort to take two seconds out of your day to wish me a happy birthday on mine. Just one of many things you've done that I've found extremely hurtful since that summer when you explicity showed interest in me - the same summer that, when you knew that I'd fallen for you in a big way - you decided you didn't like me any more. More than that, you apparently decided you never wanted to speak to me again.

I've accepted the fact I'm never going to see you again, or even speak to you again. But I want answers, as I'm still deeply hurt by what you did and all you have done since then - and what you did was an incredibly horrible thing to do (especially in light of the nature of all my previous experiences with girls).

What goes through your mind? What tells you that it's acceptable to intentionally play psychological games with people, and show interest in guys when you're not interested at all? Why do you consider friendships and relationships to be expendable? Most of all, what kind of person must you be to think that I - a decent, loving, moral and faithful human being - should be treated as if I don't exist for what seems to be no reason - other than the fact that you took your initial meaningless flirting a bit too far? I want you to give me a reason. I was infatuated with you for well over 2 years; now I am just repulsed by your personality, and deeply hurt about this (as well as many other things) because for the first year that I knew you I thought you were great. But I can't forget about this and can't truly get over this until you tell me why.

Some day, I hope you look back at this and feel remorseful for the way you treated me.

Love me.
Dear You,

I just don't understand why you stopped talking to me out of the blue. Even when I've just said 'hi' on facebook, you've completely blanked me as if I didn't exist. I wished you a harmless 'happy birthday' on facebook; you didn't even make the effort to take two seconds out of your day to wish me a happy birthday on mine. Just one of many things you've done that I've found extremely hurtful since that summer when you explicity showed interest in me - the same summer that, when you knew that I'd fallen for you in a big way - you decided you didn't like me any more. More than that, you apparently decided you never wanted to speak to me again.

I've accepted the fact I'm never going to see you again, or even speak to you again. But I want answers, as I'm still deeply hurt by what you did and all you have done since then - and what you did was an incredibly horrible thing to do (especially in light of the nature of all my previous experiences with girls).

What goes through your mind? What tells you that it's acceptable to intentionally play psychological games with people, and show interest in guys when you're not interested at all? Why do you consider friendships and relationships to be expendable? Most of all, what kind of person must you be to think that I - a decent, loving, moral and faithful human being - should be treated as if I don't exist for what seems to be no reason - other than the fact that you took your initial meaningless flirting a bit too far? I want you to give me a reason. I was infatuated with you for well over 2 years; now I am just repulsed by your personality, and deeply hurt about this (as well as many other things) because for the first year that I knew you I thought you were great. But I can't forget about this and can't truly get over this until you tell me why.

Some day, I hope you look back at this and feel remorseful for the way you treated me.

Love me.

This is pretty much word for word the story of my life currently.

He's been ignoring my existance for 3 months now and it still hurts terribly every day

All I want to know is WHY, I just want a simple explanation because i have NO idea what has gone through his head the past year, his actions have made no sense whatsoever. I think, until I know why, I'll never be able to let go of it. But that seems to be impossible since I'm pretty sure I'll never see or hear from him again in my life now

I'm guessing you feel similarly
Dear you

Last night I had this dream that my you were hugging this other girl and to get back at you I went a kissed this random guy that was stood there ( I wouldn’t normally do this but for some reason I did in the dream) anyway I didn’t even see the guys face I just know I kissed this guy and in the dream you were looking at me like wtf she doing and then when I stopped kissing this guy I realised that the girl you were hugging was your sister.

I woke up quite disturbed so I went out shopping (as you know it normally helps) but like I didn’t like anything and for some reason didn’t feel like buying anything so I just ended up buying some shampoo and don’t ask me why because I don’t know I just bought it? (not really relevant to what im trying to say just thought I’d tell you) so then I came over to yours and told you this dream that I had and you just started laughing and said “I always knew you’d be the one to **** up this relationship”. After I left your place for some reason I felt bad for kissing this guy and the thing is didn’t even kiss him because it was dream but i still feel horrible for dreaming about it? so anyway I’ve come home and now im thinking maybe your not doing anything wrong and maybe it’s because of me that this relationship isn’t working out properly. I mean now that I come to think it’d be horrible to have a girlfriend that acts as if she doesn’t care, right?…

I know getting back together with you looks as if I’ve given you a second chance but tbh I haven’t, the only reason I got back together with you was because i thought it would be easier then just ignoring you so I never really gave us a second chance and I know it was wrong… and I regret acting the way I did and I im sorry for acting the way i do now. And ive started to realise that you have changed but ive spoilt it for you by not giving you a chance to make it work again, I know this makes no sense but I don’t know how to write how im feeling right now. All this time I thought that we haven’t worked out because of you, and know ive come to realise my mistakes and like im really sorry…maybe when we got back together if I wasn’t so adamant on breaking up again this could of actually worked. All this time I’ve been unable to see how annoying and frustrating it must be to try so hard on something and to see all your effort wasted because I’ve been to stubborn to realise. But now that I have I cant believe you’re still with me. I really am sorry.

Thing is you know im bad at telling people how I feel, its something ive always struggled with…I find it hard to tell people that I care about that I love them and they mean the world to me…I don’t know why I just do? I want to tell you that im sorry and I was wrong and that the times we’re not arguing I really do enjoy I care about you a lot (no matter how much I act as I don’t) and I really do like you and im sorry for always thinking you were wrong…but I suck at relationships, so im probably never going to tell you this…

Im sorry for everything…

Love me xxx
okay i dont know why the above post says thread starter because i didnt start the thread
okay i dont know why the above post says thread starter because i didnt start the thread

nevermind its been sorted...sorry :redface:
Dear You,

I'm not sure why I'm writing this. Tired, thoughts racing, I weirdly feel emotional, I just needed to kind of sort out what I feeling... I think... :s-smilie: You know I hate talking about me feelings or going all emotional and stuff I just need to say some stuff I guess...
Come home already. I know it's just a few more days but god I want to see you :redface: I think over the past week or two we've both been feeling the strain of the distance. That scares me. I just can't help but think about September, when I go to university too. And we'll be even further apart. What will happen? Well obviously we couldn't know just yet but I'm worried that things may fall apart :frown:
But I don't want to focus on that. I do miss you. And, what we have, when we're not apart; it's amazing. It's only been a few months but I feel like, I don't know it's hard to put into words. I mean like back in January when I guess you first showed an interest I was just that that nice kinda quiet girl that people just wanted to be friends with. I was never asked out, never flirted with, nobody ever showed any interest. And then there was you. OK at first it was just some kind of 'Oo lets see if I can get a bit of action tonight' thing from you - I think we both know that :tongue: and of course I was all awkward and well, me about it and wouldn't let anything happen, not even a New Years kiss :rolleyes: :redface: But then it didn't just end there. Whenever you were back in town you would arrange days out and get to know me more and I'm just so happy you did. It was the first time anyone did. I still have that Valentines Day card :smile: :colondollar: For the first time in my life you made me feel wanted.
And now we're here, a few months in. And in a few days time you're back :smile: It's been good so far. I am happy whereas before you, I was close to giving up :frown: I was torturing myself over my insecurities, playing mind games with myself, destroying my life in stupid ways. You helped stop that. You kind of showed me that there was some hope. That I was worthy. You make me happy. I just wanted you to know that. Hell maybe I should actually just tell you instead of playing chicken and writing it here :redface: But I'm too scared. I don't think I'm sure what of to be honest. I guess I've just always been one of those people who don't like expressing much emotion or feelings or any of that crap. But I think that, well, I hope that, one day I could fall for you :smile: :redface:
I don't think I want to say more on the matter. Tiredness makes the brain stupid (see even that sounds stupid :tongue: )

Love, Me x
^^Just realised I use far too many faces :tongue:
Dear You,

When you told me you love me, you made me so, so happy. It's all I've wanted to hear for ages. I love you too.

Problem is, you love her more than me.

And that breaks me, it really hurts.

Because I love you more than anyone. I want us to be together but as long as you're with her, I'm just second best. I don't want us to stop doing this, and I know that makes me a bad person. I just want so much more than just being your bit-on-the-side.

Love, me.

P.S If at some point soon you could say it again, maybe? Just so I know I didn't imagine it. Thanks.
(I'll still love you, even if I did imagine what happened, or if you didn't mean it)
Reply 416
Original post by Dorito
Dear You,

I apologise for the pain I caused you. I never set out to hurt you but I used the fact you liked me as an ego boost and I was an idiot to mess you around. You're one of the nicest girls I have ever met and you deserved better than me. It was only after I left you that I realised how perfect you were. I'm glad you have found someone that treats you right and makes you happy and I'm glad you are a bigger person than me and don't hold any of this against me.

Love Me.

:sad: :colone:

Your turn.

might as well follow up on this...

Dear You,

Shortly after I wrote that message I started hearing things from various people about the sort of person your new boyfriend was. He has offended everyone you live with in some way, he has warped your mind and you and him have become alienated from the people that care about you. My interactions with him have been fairly unpleasant and the way he has changed you is painful to see. When we bumped into each other on a night out last week, I saw a glimpse of the old you and that was great to see, you're a much better person when you're not with him... I'm not saying I want to be with you, I just don't want you to be with him. I want you to be happy and I'm not sure he truly makes you happy anymore.

Love Me.
Dear You,

Breaking up with me was horrible. I still think about you so many months on. You have messed me about far too much and logically, you really are no good for me. You are selfish, unreasonable, verbally abusive and very destructive to my self-esteem.
We were and are a million times the opposite. The introvert, the extrovert. The excitable, the calm. The worldy, the hermit lol. You broke my heart into a thousand pieces and then came back to further break them. But now, they are healing and knitting back together, piece by piece.
We live so far apart and yet I can't help wondering if our tracks will ever cross again. You make my emotions a rollercoaster only it the best thrill ride ever. I wish you many things, I have gone through the whirlwind of hurt and self pity, anger and embarrassment. You have hid from me. Became a ghost and moved out of my life as though you had died. I only wish you will find self happiness as much as I do not want to wish any goodness to you but to love someone else, you must first love yourself.

You are a very unhappy young man and you have made me a very unhappy young girl. Only I can heal and am healing, you need more than time and good friendship. A essential part of the mechanism is missing within you, I gave you everything I had and you repaid me with a horrible breakup a week before xmas. No xmas present. Nothing.

I wish we had ended on more amicable terms. But we never. One day I hope you can forgive me for the things I had said to you in my frenzy of anger and passion. I hope one day I can fully forgive you, but only time will do that and no words can be said to heal the wounds.

I'll move on and so will you. Opposites on every part. Strangers like the day I met you. Funny how things go back the beginning after so much time.

So to you,
Best wishes.

From me.
Dear You,

Breaking up with me was horrible. I still think about you so many months on. You have messed me about far too much and logically, you really are no good for me. You are selfish, unreasonable, verbally abusive and very destructive to my self-esteem.
We were and are a million times the opposite. The introvert, the extrovert. The excitable, the calm. The worldy, the hermit lol. You broke my heart into a thousand pieces and then came back to further break them. But now, they are healing and knitting back together, piece by piece.
We live so far apart and yet I can't help wondering if our tracks will ever cross again. You make my emotions a rollercoaster only it the best thrill ride ever. I wish you many things, I have gone through the whirlwind of hurt and self pity, anger and embarrassment. You have hid from me. Became a ghost and moved out of my life as though you had died. I only wish you will find self happiness as much as I do not want to wish any goodness to you but to love someone else, you must first love yourself.

You are a very unhappy young man and you have made me a very unhappy young girl. Only I can heal and am healing, you need more than time and good friendship. A essential part of the mechanism is missing within you, I gave you everything I had and you repaid me with a horrible breakup a week before xmas. No xmas present. Nothing.

I wish we had ended on more amicable terms. But we never. One day I hope you can forgive me for the things I had said to you in my frenzy of anger and passion. I hope one day I can fully forgive you, but only time will do that and no words can be said to heal the wounds.

I'll move on and so will you. Opposites on every part. Strangers like the day I met you. Funny how things go back the beginning after so much time.

So to you,
Best wishes.

From me.

Good luck and hope that you're 💔 eases and as someone who felt this too, so deep down hold on and be strong. If you need anyone to talk to PM anytime?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Dear you,

I don't quite understand what it is that I like so much about you. We have awkward silences, you play games and make me chase after you, you damaged my confidence, you always made me feel like I was never good enough. Yet I've wasted so much time pining after you. I'm not ugly. I could find another man so easily but I don't. I write out texts to you sometimes but never end up sending them. I deleted your number so that I could forget about you and have some self worth but secretly I know your number by heart so it makes no difference that it's not in my phone. Why are you the only person that I feel something with when I can be treated like a princess by other men? I think it's time to give up.

From me.

Latest

Trending

Trending