The Student Room Group

Dear You...

I remember athread like this a while back and I've just read through it and found a few of my old posts, it's funny how much can change in such a short space of time.

Basically, you write a sentence, a paragraph or even an essay to someone you know but instead of using their name you simply write 'Dear You...' I find it to be incredibly therapeutic to write my thoughts down. Write anything to anyone, there are no rules, just name no names!

I need to get this off my chest so I'll start.

Dear You,

I apologise for the pain I caused you. I never set out to hurt you but I used the fact you liked me as an ego boost and I was an idiot to mess you around. You're one of the nicest girls I have ever met and you deserved better than me. It was only after I left you that I realised how perfect you were. I'm glad you have found someone that treats you right and makes you happy and I'm glad you are a bigger person than me and don't hold any of this against me.

Love Me.

:sad: :colone:

Your turn.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
disappointing reaction considering the last thread. We shy? :awesome:
Dear (Professor) You,

Y U NO UPLOAD LECTURE SLIDES???

Sincerely,

Me
Dear You,

Even though you were a bit of a d*** I miss hanging out with you. I don't want to get back together but I really wish we were friends. It does make me slightly jealous that you now have the same kind of relationship with her that we had. I hope we'll meet up again sometime in the future.

From Me
Dear You,

I want your babies. No, seriously.

Love Me.
Dear you,
I wish I never met you. I knew from the start that my feelings would be unrequited but I thought your friendship would be enough. We've drifted apart now but my feelings haven't faded whilst you have moved on. The smallest things remind me of you and they still make me smile even though reason why I feel so bad these days is because of you. I wish I could move on. I wonder if you think about me even half of the amount I think about you. I miss you. I learnt a lot about myself when I spent time with you, and I told you things I've never told anyone else or even admitted to myself until I met you and now you're a stranger. I know all of your flaws yet I still find them endearing. When the phone rings my heart still flips with excitement even though I know its not going to be you and I can't stop myself from being disappointed afterwards. I hate the fact that so many things in my life have changed because of you and you're not even around to see that. I feel like all of the time we spent together was wasted and I want it back. I'd rather be someone else than the person I've become and its all your fault but I can't even bring myself to hate you.
Love me.
Dear You,

I never could've imagined that this is how I'd be feeling. I haven't spoken to you since the 26th of January, I know that because I've marked it on my calendar as the week my stars aligned. In the past 20 days my future has become clearer, my life happier and my heart more filled with love than ever before now you are no longer there to leech off it. I thought you were a blessing, a necessity for happiness, but I see now that you were actually more like a malignant tumour. And the reason I'm getting the future you wanted? That would be because I'm a better person than you'll ever be, and karma's a b*tch sugar muffin.

Me.
Dear You,

Thanks for the other night - it was really good fun, you're lovely and bloody gorgeous - but we both know it was just a drunk dance/walk and will probably come to nothing :/ I guess that's for the best

*takes the mick out of that thing I can, and does what we did at the table again :smile:*

I hope I haven't come between you and her - we really shouldn't have done that :/ soo wasn't fair on her, we should have known what was going on - we were both drunk but it doesn't undo it, and has kind of blown away any chances of me and her going anywhere, which sucks :frown:

Would be good to see you again sometime, but probably not the best idea,

Me
Dear All Of You,

If you see me now you won't be able to recognise me. You won't be able to see what I have become. On my interior smiles maybe blooming into happiness but the exterior is burning into flames. I was patient, forgiving and silent towards every mistake you made and yet you broke my trust into thin air. But, today the reason why I am living the high life is because my truth supported me. My patience was worth it. My silence was worth it. My forgiveness was worth it. Today, I don't need people to support me, I give that support to people. I give that smile and laughter to people, I build courage in people. I'm not a filthy rat. But I thank you for all the times you made me hate you, you made me jealous, you lied about me. Because I wouldn't be here today writing this about you and smiling. So, thank you for all the times you broke my trust and I hope you grow up.

From, Me.
Dear You

We were best friends who fell in love, we lived in a little cacoon of happiness for months. We just needed each other, sitting in bed doing puzzles or running through the fields. I can't believe it ended the way it did, so suddenly. When did they become a bigger priority than me? I'm not going to lie it really hurt and I felt replaced, it didn't make me happy to hear the backstabbed you though.

I want to be there for you and comfort you when everything is going badly at home and I want to be your best friend. I know we can't be, not whilst I care more for you than you do for me. I know I need to cut you out and I'm terrified that once I've cut you out I'll never be able to let you back in.

I wish you all the happiness in the world, I know we could be happy together but now we both need to follow different paths and become happy as individuals.

I can't wait to not love you anymore, maybe then we can be friends.

Me
Dear me,
You're still there, in the back of my head, telling me I can't do this, or I'm not worth that. But we've had this conversation time and time again (nearly every hour in fact), but that's ok, you're like someone's Nazi grandmother living upstairs, you don't affect them anymore, they just feel bad for you. And look at me now! I barely believe what and who I've become, and the few people that I tell, about who I was and how low I was, don't believe it. Well, you know, but you look at who I've become with this look of frustration in your face.

You'd love to hold me back, and once in a while, you rear your big, fat ugly head. But hey, there are other extremely shiny people in my life, and they make it really hard for you to bring me down. But even without them, I'm just too strong, too big, too independent of the world, for you to mess with. I've made too much of me. I see other people who remind me of you, and I help and I help. It's almost like I miss that first realisation, that glimmer of hope, that I could beat you, and I relive it through helping bring out that glimmer of hope in others. You'll probably always be there with me, but your voice grows smaller and smaller everyday.

Me
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Dear You,

I'm sorry I hurt you even when I knew full-well you were vulnerable. Up until we met today and you kissed and hugged me goodbye, I never realised how much I had done to cause this myself. Seeing you today, holding you again today, only to be told that we could never be together because of those stupid mistakes I had made and because of the distance. Thank you for making the ending such a story-tale cliché, even if you may have hidden it when I told you how I still felt. You are and always will be beautiful, and you're not a slut or a slag - don't let anyone ever tell you that or make you feel like that. Even me. Some people may not know the reasons but I do, even though I forced you to cut me out of your life so many times.
Please stop cutting, stop hurting yourself. You don't deserve to feel as worthless and dirty as you were made to feel and you deserved a better support than I was. I only hope you find someone better than myself that can love you as much as I do and did, but can be there for you better than I ever was when you needed me.
I love you, but I know I can never tell you that because of all this mess - even though you already know.

Love, me.

Edit: Forgot about this thread. Update: She did, he does, and I am happy with that. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Chère vous,

You only have yourself to blame for the lack of love within your life. If you didn't jump on the first guy that buys you a drink and take time to get to know someone then maybe you may be happier than you are now as you are currently a disgusting slob that has not left your room in two weeks, have a shower and join the gym ffs.

Cordialement,

Moi.
Dear you,

I wish this was a post like the others above, saying how i'd risen above everything you ever did to hurt me. Those three years you took of my life, are the three i regret the most.
I doubt i will ever trust anyone again, and because of you i've probably ruined the best thing that ever came in to my life. I am now in another relationship that lacks trust -not because they don't deserve it, but because you sucked every last bit out of me.
I hate you, and i will never forgive you.

Me
Dear you,

why can't you just grow up and stop acting like some spoilt daddies girl.... your 20 yrs old for **** sake. all the bitching and screwed up faces are just too much. i ask, why do you feel the need to drag me down when you are with your friends? why do laugh in hysterics when some random guy tells an awful awful joke? why do you seek so much approval from your friends? stop the games, grow up and stand on your own two feet for once!!
Me
Dear you,

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU. And I get that being weird and insanely difficult to read is a part of who you are and therefore a part of why I like you so much, but jeezus, give me something to work with here. Do you like me? Do you hate me? Do you see me as a cute but ultimately not shaggable little sister type? You told me once when you were drunk that you took the piss out of me the most because you liked me the best but do you seriously have the relationship tactics of an eight year old? I suppose, to be fair, I spend a significant amount of time stomping around and saying that you're a dick, and I'm pretty much head over heels for you so maybe I'm not much better. I haven't felt like this about anyone in a long time. You're so hilariously my opposite in so many ways but it kinda works. We come from the same place and I trusted you pretty much instantly. I know things are a little more (but in some ways, a little less?) complicated now but I still feel the same way. Fingers crossed that it's not all in my head and we can both get our acts together and do something about this. I actually think maybe it's something kind of special.

Love, me.

PS. You're a dick.
Dear you,
I wasn't looking for anyone or anythnig and concentrated on myself, I had had bad experiences with women recently and was happy to consign myself to just living for me, the way I used to.

Then you started talking to me, pursued me, even when I wasn't flirting or trying. It's been only a little over a week and one date but I'm already worried I could develop feelings for you.

But I don't know if or when I'll have the courage to admit that to you, or myself.
Reply 17
Dear You

Y U NO LOVE ME!?!?!

Me
Dear You,

I still don't understand why you did it, or why you didn't have the guts to tell me yourself. It still hurts when other people mention you because it's only natural that we come as a pair, but I can't wait for the day when I leave absolutely all of this behind. You only liked me when I was unhappy yet now I'm actually happy for the first time in over 2 years, you don't want to know anymore. Well, **** you, I'm incredibly strong to have come out of the other side and I'll always be a better person than you ever will. I feel so sorry for your future wife and your children, I wish them all the best in putting up with a completely spineless **** like yourself.
(edited 12 years ago)
Dear You,

I don't even know what to think anymore. You do a good job at pushing me away and pulling me back. I feel totally inadequate - especially after last night. I spend time with making myself feel absolutely downright awful to try and to make you feel better. Instead I feel like an afterthought and it's you know who, who makes you feel better. I felt like **** after that. I should have just disappeared when I did and I still may do. It's obvious things aren't going to work out between us. You've said it before but you're not ready for a relationship, I'm finally coming to terms with that. You've problems in your own life to sort before we should even consider talking again. I'm just a coward for not being able to say this to your face because I don't want to add to your problems. I just HOPE you do find someone in your life that will appreciate you for the person you are.

Love me.

Latest