The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy at UWE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Hey guys! Have any of you had accommodation offers? I'm not doing OT, but am doing paramedic science but it's likely I'm sharing a flat with some of you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 281
Original post by hhh123
Hey guys! Have any of you had accommodation offers? I'm not doing OT, but am doing paramedic science but it's likely I'm sharing a flat with some of you :smile:

Hi hhh123,
I think most of the people on here are either already in Bristol or commuting. There may be one or two waiting to hear about accommodation though. Good luck with your course!

Reply 282
Just noticed I had a message from UWE on the Welcome Room. It's only to confirm all my details but it does give an idea when to expect more information.

Hope everyone is well and plans for moving / leaving work etc are going ok.

Sara
Hi Sara just had a read through some posts and it looks like no one knows how many weeks OT course is ! Hilarious ....Karen :smile:
Original post by SaraSp
Just noticed I had a message from UWE on the Welcome Room. It's only to confirm all my details but it does give an idea when to expect more information.

Hope everyone is well and plans for moving / leaving work etc are going ok.

Sara

just check out posts other people at all OT places are confused re weeks of course....so funny but such obvious stuff we should all know....am laughing about it now Karen X
Reply 285
Hey fellow UWE OT students, the date is fast approaching and I can't wait to start the next exciting chapter of my education.
I look forward to seeing you all in September and good luck to you all in your exams.
I just accepted accommodation at Glenside, just wondered if anyone else is staying in Juniper Flat?
Have a fantastic summer and i'll see you all in Sept.
Have a great summer ....have you heard from NHS re bursary ? Glad you are sorted accomwise....Bristol seems a fab city and I am sure we;ll have a fun 3 year journey until we are all crying at graduation....with relief! :smile:
Reply 287
Some how managed to find last years new students information, has a list of recommended books and an article to read. I'm sure the reading list won't change much, might see if I can borrow a book or two from a library and buy them once we start. http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/hls/ahp/students/newstudents/occupationaltherapy.aspx
Reply 288
Original post by footsteps
Some how managed to find last years new students information, has a list of recommended books and an article to read. I'm sure the reading list won't change much, might see if I can borrow a book or two from a library and buy them once we start. http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/hls/ahp/ students/newstudents/occupationaltherapy.aspx

That's brilliant! Thank you footsteps
At least it gives us an idea.

Reply 289
"Have a great summer ....have you heard from NHS re bursary ? Glad you are sorted accomwise....Bristol seems a fab city and I am sure we;ll have a fun 3 year journey until we are all crying at graduation....with relief! "

yeh bristol is amazing, i've lived here all my life so i guess im biased
and no i havent heard from nhs bursary
starting to get a bit frustrated!

p.s am i a total div? how do i quote people on this site?
Reply 290
Hi all - got my bursary email today so have just completed application online. Need to send evidence of everything and then it's all done.

Anyone else got theirs?

Sara
Original post by SaraSp
Hi all - got my bursary email today so have just completed application online. Need to send evidence of everything and then it's all done.

Anyone else got theirs?

Sara

Hi Sarah YES I got mine ....did you list all your emplyers as mine is a long list ! Karen X
Reply 292
Hi - yes mine is a long list too. Thought the form was a bit annoying in places - like where it asks if you'll be staying in your parental home! Not really set up very well for mature students!
Original post by SaraSp
Hi - yes mine is a long list too. Thought the form was a bit annoying in places - like where it asks if you'll be staying in your parental home! Not really set up very well for mature students!

Going to tackle mine today....just had to do my tax return so am sick of forms and photocopying docs but hey needs doing and at least we have them....feel so sorry for those who are going abroad as they need the origonal passport and its away for 6 weeks how stupid with summer applications for bursaries....the NHS do put me off sometimes with aspects such as this, people do have holidays and this proces scuppers this ! not that I could afford abroad this year ....!! Karen X
Reply 294

Original post by Citrus queen
Going to tackle mine today....just had to do my tax return so am sick of forms and photocopying docs but hey needs doing and at least we have them....feel so sorry for those who are going abroad as they need the origonal passport and its away for 6 weeks how stupid with summer applications for bursaries....the NHS do put me off sometimes with aspects such as this, people do have holidays and this proces scuppers this ! not that I could afford abroad this year ....!! Karen X

Yes it's a bit ridiculous! I was hoping to go away in September for a few days so don't really want to send my passport away. And I don't really like sending my driving licence away either - we had thought about going camping in France so would need to drive. Oh well - I guess the sooner I send it the sooner I'll get it back!
Reply 295
Original post by SaraSp

Anyone else got theirs?

Sara

Original post by Citrus queen

Got mine yesterday as well, looks like a mistake could easily be made as the form is quite confusing, how do you answer the rent/ mortgage question if you are in a couple (should one of you put the full amount in the box or do you split it between the two or do you put the full amount for both people!) form doesnt say!
Original post by footsteps
Got mine yesterday as well, looks like a mistake could easily be made as the form is quite confusing, how do you answer the rent/ mortgage question if you are in a couple (should one of you put the full amount in the box or do you split it between the two or do you put the full amount for both people!) form doesnt say!

I agree the form is dead confusing....I thought that even though I am single it was confusing enough ...tho check their guidance booklet online it probably helps with some of he questions, I just dived in and filled it in! took me 2 hours and I will send of my evidence on Thursday...then I am off camping (!) for a week in the Cotswolds, what will the weather bring? Karen X
Reply 297
Hello all you lovely people off to study this sept. Sorry to butt in on your thread but i'm hoping from some advice from those of you that have had offers from UWE.
I'm applying to study OT for 2013 as a rather mature student (36). Just wondering whether those that have gotten in this year had lots of experience and qualifications?
I work as a teaching assistant in a special school at the moment and have contact with OT's so i'm going to talk about that and my experience as a carer on my ps.
I'm a bit worried that I don't meet the UCAS tariff, I have 2 B's and a D. With 120 open uni credits as well. UWE have said they'll consider me, but do you think I have a chance??
Thanks for taking time to read and hopefully give me some advice!
Em :smile:

Original post by SaraSp

Yes it's a bit ridiculous! I was hoping to go away in September for a few days so don't really want to send my passport away. And I don't really like sending my driving licence away either - we had thought about going camping in France so would need to drive. Oh well - I guess the sooner I send it the sooner I'll get it back!

Mine all done....and am sending off docs on Thursday....seeing as I am camping next week in the cotswolds sadly I will not need my passport! am seriously house hunting now!! as it is real and we are going to be at UWE in about 10 weeks Karen X
Hi do you have Biology or Psycholgy as A levels and have you considered the Access course route - though I did it full time it was only really 3 days. I think UWE like the 'whole person package' and are not hung up about grades I don't think, in your statement do not talk about watching other OT's etc, talk about why you want OT ....just a tip on the statement bit !

GOOD LUCK....and pin UWE down with what they DO WANT and don't be fobbed off with vague answers....some of us going this year have been a bit direct, so do your enquiries with confidence, I think they like positivity too! Oh and they LOVE mature (and I mean over 30 !) as the biggest intake in the UK I think.

Quick Reply

Latest