The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy at UWE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaraSp
I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you all on Saturday. It's so difficult to focus on my job at the moment - I just want to get started with the course!!! Will see you all at the 12.30 talk :smile:

Great.....I know I am keen too but I am off to Kenya for 3 weeks volunteering and 3 day safari in the Masia mara in 3 weeks time !! lots to sort out ! see you sat
yes talk is about 30 mins i think....then we can meet up we will all be a talk about the course so that might be useful, I went to this talk in Nov but good to hear it again
Reply 82
Original post by Citrus queen
yes talk is about 30 mins i think....then we can meet up we will all be a talk about the course so that might be useful, I went to this talk in Nov but good to hear it again

Ok then, we'll see you all then :smile: Looking forward to it!
I havent been to any open day at UWE yet lol.
I'm tempted to go sat even though i havent got an interview booked, it's so late in the process i'm wondering if it'll be pointless? Does anyone know if there are more rounds of interviews?
Original post by PaulLampeter
I'm tempted to go sat even though i havent got an interview booked, it's so late in the process i'm wondering if it'll be pointless? Does anyone know if there are more rounds of interviews?

Not sure, but if you come to the open day you can ask, there are about 6 of us meeting up after the OT talk at 12.30, I need to go to be dead sure as I am doing my comparison visits to Plymouth and Soton. The day was very informative as I went to open day in Nov. You may be surrounded by a screaming bunch of excited older women ! all chattering ten to the dozen ....but it will give you a sense of what it might be like with all girls/women on an OT course at UEA (got it right this time !!) which I admit can be a bit full on at times !!
Reply 85
Original post by footsteps
Ohhh I love you already!!! I lived in DC for nearly 10 years, my eldest 2 were born there. I get so homesick when I think of DC!
I'm going to the 11.30 NHS finance talk and the 12.30 OT talk! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hey!
Very Cool that you lived in Ameica!
I want to do the finance talk too, so ya there.....what'cha gonna wear so I can find ya???? Like I said, big fur coat, that's me!! Sooo looking forward to meeting you!
Reply 86
Hello all !!!!
I too have received a conditional offer and would love to meet up for coffee on Saturday. I am also a mature student (42yrs young!!) and live in Wales. :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by SaraSp
Hey - massive congratulations!!!!!

If you go onto the UWE website here

http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/whatson/opendays/undergraduateopendays/itineraries.aspx

you can download the itinerary for the day.

I'm only 15 mins away so can meet whenever everyone else can - just let me know.

Hey Sara,
Thanks so much!
I am looking at doing the OT tour (if poss), the finance talk, followed by the 12;30 OT 'talk'...what are you thinking of attending?
After all is done I'd like to wonder up to the Fishponds Road (?) and have a look around and a possible pub visit.
Let me know what time you're gonna show up and hopefully we can meet up.
Original post by buckyj
Hello all !!!!
I too have received a conditional offer and would love to meet up for coffee on Saturday. I am also a mature student (42yrs young!!) and live in Wales. :smile:

Great I am 46....we are off to the ot talk at 12.30 have you been to UWe yet? We can have a coffee after talk - the talk is about 30 mins I think as I remember it well done on offer!
Original post by debsnm
Hey Sara,
Thanks so much!
I am looking at doing the OT tour (if poss), the finance talk, followed by the 12;30 OT 'talk'...what are you thinking of attending?
After all is done I'd like to wonder up to the Fishponds Road (?) and have a look around and a possible pub visit.

Fishpond pub visit sounds good....starting uni life exactly the way it should in my book lol.....I want to see what fishponds is like as I need to move to Bristol in sept !
Reply 90
Great I am 46....we are off to the ot talk at 12.30 have you been to UWe yet? We can have a coffee after talk - the talk is about 30 mins I think as I remember it well done on offer!

Thanks, yes was there 2 weeks ago with my daughter (she had interview for nursing) so had a look around the grounds and loved it there, going on Saturday for the ot talk, meet staff and students. It will be great to meet prior to starting in September.
Not sure, but if you come to the open day you can ask, there are about 6 of us meeting up after the OT talk at 12.30, I need to go to be dead sure as I am doing my comparison visits to Plymouth and Soton. The day was very informative as I went to open day in Nov. You may be surrounded by a screaming bunch of excited older women ! all chattering ten to the dozen ....but it will give you a sense of what it might be like with all girls/women on an OT course at UEA (got it right this time !!) which I admit can be a bit full on at times !!

I'm going to phone them tomorrow and ask, they must have some sort of indication if they are interested in me, the last I heard from them was the 14th when I had to send them some extra docs they had requested
Reply 92
Original post by debsnm
Hey Sara,
Thanks so much!

Hi - I'm coming to the OT talk at 12.30 so will meet everyone then - happy to go for coffee or pub - I work in Fishponds at the moment so know the pubs/cafes/shops well! There are a few decent pubs and some rubbish ones - and a nice cafe called the Porto Lounge at the end of the road that Glenside is on, about 10-15 mins walk. I'm happy to give everyone an idea of the area. Anyway - will see you at 12.30!
Reply 93
I'm going to phone them tomorrow and ask, they must have some sort of indication if they are interested in me, the last I heard from them was the 14th when I had to send them some extra docs they had requested

Did you call?

Original post by buckyj
Hello all !!!!

Congratulations!
Cant wait to meet up with you all!
Original post by footsteps
Did you call?

Congratulations!
Cant wait to meet up with you all!

Yes they couldn't say for deffo, but there are more interviews in April and it looks at though I will be invited, so it will be worth a visit I think, the lady said no need to book just turn up:smile:
Yes they couldn't say for deffo, but there are more interviews in April and it looks at though I will be invited, so it will be worth a visit I think, the lady said no need to book just turn up:smile:

Really good news re more ot interviews....glad you had positive response, the OT team are really friendly and if you come to the open day you get to ask loads of questions, as we will be at the OT talk at 12.30 at Glenside. Then I think we may have a look around Fishponds....and visit a decent pub as the 'locals' on this forum are going to Glenside to meet up and so they can help with 'finding out about Bristol!'....which is great.
Really good news re more ot interviews....glad you had positive response, the OT team are really friendly and if you come to the open day you get to ask loads of questions, as we will be at the OT talk at 12.30 at Glenside. Then I think we may have a look around Fishponds....and visit a decent pub as the 'locals' on this forum are going to Glenside to meet up and so they can help with 'finding out about Bristol!'....which is great.

Yes looks good again, I'm going to skip the pub, as I have to train it back to Carmarthen then drive for another hour. You'll have you make yourself known to me, I stick out fairly well as I'll be on my own 40's, going bald, with a hearing aid:smile:
Yes looks good again, I'm going to skip the pub, as I have to train it back to Carmarthen then drive for another hour. You'll have you make yourself known to me, I stick out fairly well as I'll be on my own 40's, going bald, with a hearing aid:smile:

No worries ....at least you will be prepared for the interview, listen you'll stick out just cos you are male, so I am sure we will spot you ! some of us seem quite lively(!) which I am so chuffed about as I thought all OT's were gentle, quiet and mild in manner....think UWE find the livlier end of the OT spectrum !! BUT hey we are bigging it up for retraining and career changing at 40 plus....I am lovin it ....though I was so embarrassed when I attended Oxford Brookes interview and was waiting in reception and a chap asked me ' hi which one is your daughter for the interview !!!!' I laughed and told him I WAS A CANDIDATE.... he did not look mortified, more like i was snatching a young persons opportunity and had my 'time' and was robbing a youngster of an OT place !! I laughed on the way home!........ :biggrin:
Reply 98
Hey everyone!

I've also received a conditional offer from UWE. Yipeeeee!! Would love to meet you all this sat for a coffee too if thats ok?
Reply 99
Hi S24,
Congrats on your offer! We are meeting after the OT lecture (12:30)...would be good to meet you too!

Quick Reply

Latest