The Student Room Group

Unpopular Music Opinions

Do you think you have any Music opinion(s) that could be considered unpopular or even 'controversial'?

Scroll to see replies

I dislike Adele's voice.
I don't like Nirvana, Coldplay, or Snow Patrol.
I think Altars of Madness by Morbid Angel is mediocre at best, and isn't the best death metal album of all time, as many fans of the genre seem to think.
I think God Hates us All by Slayer is a great album.
Pirate metal, viking metal, e.t.c. are not real subgenres of metal.
I don't think because a musician has died it should automatically mean people should love them. If you didn't like them when they were alive, why suddenly start because they died. I was upset when Ronnie James Dio died, but I had been a GENUINE fan for about 6 years.
(edited 12 years ago)
Most heavy metal music is overrated and the majority of it's fans are stupid, close minded barely literate hypocritical morons who are unable to think for themselves and are often worse than whatever they are trying to 'rebel' against.

Also, I think dubstep is the stupidest thing since Paris Hilton was allowed to be taken seriously.
The Beatles are overrated.
Original post by The_master616
Most heavy metal music is overrated and the majority of it's fans are stupid, close minded barely literate hypocritical morons who are unable to think for themselves and are often worse than whatever they are trying to 'rebel' against.

Also, I think dubstep is the stupidest thing since Paris Hilton was allowed to be taken seriously.

With Epicus, Doomicus, Metallicus as you're profile picture I can't tell if you are being sarcastic?
I actually like Owl City. :biggrin:
Also a fan of Eugene McGuinness, who my friends don't like at all.
And I have a weakness for 1950's musicals. (If you heard Howard Keel singing, you'd understand)
I don't like Keane at all, I'm not espcially fond of the Killers either.
I love Snow Patrol, but I despise Final Straw, I think Chasing Cars and Run are possibly their worst songs, but I really like Songs for Polar Bears. Apparently that's odd

I think these are some of the most hilarious songs ever written (the first one is best after about 2 minutes in)

:cool:

Edit: :rofl: When you're negged for what music you listen to. I refuse to be ashamed. :borat:
(edited 10 years ago)
Oasis are the most unoriginal piece of ****e that ever graced the music industry.
Original post by The_master616

Most of the fans of metal I've met have been well educated, well-read and intelligent people, with stressful jobs or on stressful degree courses.

My unpopular opinions are that these bands are overrated:
The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Metallica, Nirvana, Coldplay/Snow Patrol/Elbow etc.

Dubstep is the new 'scenecore'.
Reply 8
Adele is detestable. Her voice and songs in general make me want to turn inside out and scream blood.

Lady Gaga is ****.

99% of mainstream music exists for the sake of being popular, not for being good music.

Oh, and its ****.

Think that just about covers it.
Reply 9
I don't like Olly Murs.
Reply 10
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
I dislike Adele's voice.
I don't think Nirvana, Coldplay, or Snow Patrol are any good.
I think Altars of Madness by Morbid Angel is mediocre at best, and isn't the best death metal album of all time, as many fans of the genre seem to think.
I think God Hates us All by Slayer is a great album.
Pirate metal, viking metal, e.t.c. are not real subgenres of metal.

Adelle, Coldplay & Snow Patrol - agree

Nirvana - strongly disagree

The others - Couldn't comment...
That hip hop isn't ****. If you look past these new ****ty mainstream artists then it's a good genre.

Most dubstep is ****.
Reply 12
Vanilla Ice came out with some classics. As did Will Smith
Reply 13
I guess Deicide or Cannibal Corpse are the least "popular" of my music preferences,
but not many like Liszt or Chopin either. :rolleyes:

I think autotune should be promptly destroyed and never spoken of again...
and I find it difficult to respect mainstream "pop" artists who simply sit and sing. IMO real artists make their own music and at least write their own songs, preferably play instruments.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kaeseia
I guess Deicide or Cannibal Corpse are the least "popular" of my music preferences,
but not many like Liszt or Chopin either. :rolleyes:

and I find it difficult to respect mainstream "pop" artists who simply sit and sing. IMO real artists make their own music and at least write their own songs, preferably play instruments.

Deicide and CC are awesome
Reply 15
Always get shot down when I say I don't like Queen
Reply 16
Original post by Kaeseia
I guess Deicide or Cannibal Corpse are the least "popular" of my music preferences

Only heard 'Once Upon the Cross' by Deicide, what else is good?

Original post by Kaeseia

True words to be fair, although The Mars Volta use a bit of random autotune and it sounds cool because it's a little unconventional.
Reply 17
I've never 'got' Michael Jackson :s-smilie: I don't consider is music crap, but neither do I consider his music a product of genius... I also dislike his voice, a little weak and childlike
(edited 12 years ago)
It's okay to like 'real garage music' and Artful Dodger.
Dubstep is absolutely awful.

99% of the stuff you find in charts is also awful, it's music made to sell hard and fast, rather than have any lasting value.

Quick Reply

Latest