The Student Room Group

People think I am Weird

Hello,

Any advice would be appreciated,

I really don't know how to stop people thinking I am weird; since I don't know what it is about me that makes them think this in the first place :confused:.

I mean I don't have an outlandish dress sense, extreme views or really unusual hobbies or anything like that (btw I mean no offence to anyone who does)

I am quiet and reserved, but why does that make me weird??? I just don't get it.

This is really getting me down, as people just avoid me totally.

Scroll to see replies

Ignore them. You are probably just different from them. Nothing wrong with that.
Reply 2
Everyone's weird in some way and normal is boring, hang in there and be yourself :smile:
Reply 3
Who is 'Weird'?
Original post by wannabeme
Everyone's weird in some way and normal is boring

wat
Reply 5
Weirdness is a virtue :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Hermóðr
Weirdness is a virtue :smile:

I really wish the people around me saw it that way, sigh.....

They treat me like a leper
Reply 7
Original post by Ferrero Rocher
Ignore them. You are probably just different from them. Nothing wrong with that.

Thank you. That is very kind.

But its all very well saying 'ignore them', but when no-one will ever work with you, you have no friends and people are avoiding you, its hard :frown:

Feel like I might crack up due to the lonliness.
Reply 8
Original post by wannabeme
Everyone's weird in some way and normal is boring, hang in there and be yourself :smile:

I know, but I'm just frustrated because I really don't know why people think it about me SO much.
Reply 9
What is normal? Weird is good
Reply 10
50514_119026454798390_2625_n.jpg

The picture I think sums it up nicely. Be yourself.
Reply 11
Original post by xxm
50514_119026454798390_2625_n.jpg

The picture I think sums it up nicely. Be yourself.

But how do I stop the negative attitude of others to me?
Do you like manga and put on funny voices and quote bits from TV programmes etc?
Original post by Elissabeth
But how do I stop the negative attitude of others to me?

Dont. Ignore it.

The only way some people will like you is if you are a clone of themselves.
I'm pretty weird most people I find think I'm weird and the only people who accept weird is the nerd or the emo/alternative groups :smile: and tbh they are much more fun than the other groups because you can actually have fun without alcohol with them unlike the 'normal' groups :smile: So it's a double win ^^ more fun and it is cheaper :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Elissabeth

I am quiet and reserved, but why does that make me weird??? I just don't get it.

This is really getting me down, as people just avoid me totally.

I usually think the same, however I just try to ignore them; stick to being yourself, and if anyone has a problem with it then it's for them to worry about, not you
'Weird' doesn't exist, it's called 'interesting'.
Reply 17
People's perspective of what's weird and what's okay differs. They think you're weird because you don't act like them. I think you're okay.

You should do what you feel comfortable in, even if that means going against the status quo.
...have people actually been saying to you 'hey...I think you're pretty weird..'
Or can you just read minds?
Original post by JordanS94
the only people who accept weird is the nerd or the emo/alternative groups :smile:

I always thought being weird was totally awesome!!! Its wayyyy better than wired so hey...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending