The Student Room Group

Applying for student finance after deciding not to go to University last year?

Hey,

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not but I couldn't find anything so...

Basically, I applied for Student finance last year but didn't get into my first choice University so decided to re-apply for University this year.

Because I applied for finance last year, SFE won't allow me to apply again using a different account. Therefore I found out my learner number and logged in using my account that got created last year, but then it only allows you to re-apply for finance this year (assuming that you are doing a second year) or to change the course.

I opted to change the course (including the start dates, end dates and tuition fee information) but since it is the same course that I wanted to do last year it didn't allow that and said that I couldn't choose the same course.

Anyone know how to do this?

Fursey
Reply 1
Well I applied last year but didn't even start the course, and having applied this year I logged into my SF account and started my application for this year... but my application from last year is still listed in the 2011/2012 section, still asking me to send in my declaration form, with my new 2012/2013 application on top... :confused: Hoping it won't cause any problems, seeing as I declined my offer the day I got my results.
Reply 2
If you'd applied for last year but didn't end up going you should have called SF to let them know.

You should call them now and explain the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending