The Student Room Group

Changing university course at same university

Hi,
I was doing a joint degree (Economics and Finance) I decided I wanted to continue with just Finance and asked my university to change it. The change was completed late August and wasn’t aware that I had to inform student finance but I did as soon as I found out I had to. I don’t need to do any extra years and will still be going into my 3rd year as I was with my previous degree at the same university. My course starts on the 11th of September and my application is still being processed and have also informed the university that my tuition fee might be late. I had initially applied for student finance and had it approved in May but I have just updated my student finance yesterday. Could someone let me know if there is something I can do to speed this up or just any advice in general.
Original post by Quagulanttable
Hi,
I was doing a joint degree (Economics and Finance) I decided I wanted to continue with just Finance and asked my university to change it. The change was completed late August and wasn’t aware that I had to inform student finance but I did as soon as I found out I had to. I don’t need to do any extra years and will still be going into my 3rd year as I was with my previous degree at the same university. My course starts on the 11th of September and my application is still being processed and have also informed the university that my tuition fee might be late. I had initially applied for student finance and had it approved in May but I have just updated my student finance yesterday. Could someone let me know if there is something I can do to speed this up or just any advice in general.

Hi there, What date was the change submitted? Was this done via your online account or via the Change of Circumstances form? Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, What date was the change submitted? Was this done via your online account or via the Change of Circumstances form? Thanks, Angela

Hello,
Thank you for the quick response I only found out last night and so I did it last night it might’ve been after 12 am so it could be the 5th of September. I had done it online through through ‘view and manage application’ and then ‘change in degree’. All the information matches my old application the only thing is that I have changed my degree, my university, graduation date have all remained the same. I’m just concerned because I found out late and my university starts on Monday the 11th.
Hello,
Thank you for the quick response I only found out last night and so I did it last night it might’ve been after 12 am so it could be the 5th of September. I had done it online through through ‘view and manage application’ and then ‘change in degree’. All the information matches my old application the only thing is that I have changed my degree, my university, graduation date have all remained the same. I’m just concerned because I found out late and my university starts on Monday the 11th.

Hi there,

In most cases changes take between 5-14 working days, but they're often done quickly.

Also, so long as your application was approved before your payments will still be scheduled. So, as long as your university still sends us Confirmation of Registration you'll still get paid.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

In most cases changes take between 5-14 working days, but they're often done quickly.

Also, so long as your application was approved before your payments will still be scheduled. So, as long as your university still sends us Confirmation of Registration you'll still get paid.

Thanks, Graeme

Hello,
Thank you for your insight and information.

My application was approved before in May and I have also completed the enrolment for my university, so I will still get my maintenance loan on time because of this?
Hello,
Thank you for your insight and information.

My application was approved before in May and I have also completed the enrolment for my university, so I will still get my maintenance loan on time because of this?

That's right, yes - so long as your university sends us Confirmation of Registration.

In cases like these we'd suggest asking your university when they plan to send the confirmation to us, just so you know for sure.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
That's right, yes - so long as your university sends us Confirmation of Registration.

In cases like these we'd suggest asking your university when they plan to send the confirmation to us, just so you know for sure.

Thanks, Graeme

As you suggested I asked my university when they plan on sending registration conformation and they told me that they do it a couple of days after enrollment. I had completed enrollment on the 7th of August, so according to my university SFE should have received my Confirmation of Registration.

Thank you.
As you suggested I asked my university when they plan on sending registration conformation and they told me that they do it a couple of days after enrollment. I had completed enrollment on the 7th of August, so according to my university SFE should have received my Confirmation of Registration.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Your enrolment is a different process to your 'registration'. When you enrol that doesn't confirm your payments being released that just confirms your place at university. The university needs to release your payments by sending us 'confirmation of registration' which they do around the first day of your term. Once we receive this it takes 24-48 hours to update and your paid 3-5 working days after this. If you check with them directly to confirm they've sent this. Your payment will then change to 'submitted' to confirm its been released to you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending